X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most compelling argument against Stryker

In this tank, half of the guys LIVED.
    Attached Files

This turret weighs almost twice what a stryker does, and was tossed 50 feet like a toy.

A stryker would've cost all hands lost.
    Attached Files

Comment

The M113 would have done no better.
      Attached Files

Comment

What happened to the Abrams?

Was it fraticied?

They better hurry up and get that electric armour into service(within the next 10 years I would hope)
        Last edited by Praxus; 06 Feb 04,, 02:20.

Comment

AT mine followed by an Airstrike.

You can see all the wheels blown off of the hull.

An AT mine is what appears to be blowing up that BRDM in the pic above too.

PS...my point here is that the switch to light armored formations is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            An AT mine is what appears to be blowing up that BRDM in the pic above too.
            The first explosion looks like two 120mm or even 155mm HE shells stacked on top one another. The second looks like a single shell.

The fact that there was a second explosion would indicate that this was a remote detonated.

Comment

I figured the second explosion was a secondary.

Whatever the method used, that is one blown up POS light armored vehicle, lol.

Comment

Who was driving that vehicle and who blew it up? I get so many conflcting reports regarding who and where.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  Whatever the method used, that is one blown up POS light armored vehicle, lol.
                  There are two other lessons here. The Russians sure built their things right. That BDRM is still in one piece. HOWEVER, whoever was inside turned to hamburger. There's a limit to what arm'd can do.

The second lesson is don't ride on the outside.

Originally posted by Blademaster
                  Who was driving that vehicle and who blew it up? I get so many conflcting reports regarding who and where.
                  When this first appearred on the web, it was from a Chechen website describing their actions against the Russians.

Comment

Not that it matters to this particular discussion, but I think that's a BTR getting blown to hell in the above picture rather than a BRDM :Beer
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

damn those vehicles were fraged i've seen a tanks hit a safe with a A.P round and only move a few feet what ever hit that tank and sent the turret flying was one hell of an explosion. :taynk :RW
                      two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

It could have been a JDAM for all we know. The US DOES have a habit of destroying it's own equipment to prevent it from falling into the hands of the enemy.
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

The M1 pictured rolled over a IED made from multiple A/T mines. It actually flipped the tank over and it slid down the hill killing the TC and AG. The G and D survived.

The video of the BTR (?) getting blow up is a 'old' one of a command detonated ambush by Checnian rebels.

Comment

If you tell me that they were stacked AT mines i'm gonna retch. ;)

That's a rumor floating around on the net now(that is pretty ridiculous when you stop and think about it).

The turret went orbital from a US airstrike. IIRC it was a 2000lb LGB that did that.

Comment

:evil:

Comment

Working...
                              X