• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope deplores Killing of nun--- BY C.I.V.C

From correspondents in Vatican City

September 20, 2006 12:00

Article from: ReutersFont size: + -
    Send this article: Print Email
    POPE Benedict has deplored the killing of an Italian nun in Somalia, saying that he hoped her sacrifice could lead to respect among religions.

Gunmen shot dead sister Leonella Sgorbati and her bodyguard on Sunday outside a children's hospital in north Mogadishu where she had worked since 2002.

The attack drew immediate speculation of links to Muslim anger over Pope Benedict's recent remarks on Islam but no direct link has been proven.

The Pope expressed his condolences over the death in a telegram to the head of the nun's religious order.

“While repeating a firm deploration for any form of violence, His Holiness hopes that the blood that has been shed by such a faithful disciple of the Gospel can sow hope for the building of real fraternity among people with reciprocal respect of everyone's religious convictions,” the telegram said.

Sr Sgorbati, born in 1940 in Piacenza in northern Italy, was from the Missionaries of the Consolation order based in Nepi, near Rome.

The nun was old and was doing yoeman's service in a country where no one wants to be.

What a reward for selfless devotion!

Heavens Bless the Barbarians.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      The nun was old and was doing yoeman's service in a country where no one wants to be.

What a reward for selfless devotion!

Heavens Bless the Barbarians.
      Its heart breaking news.

Comment

Nah, it just pisses me off even more.

Comment

there is no evidence muslims did this

Comment

Hmm, gee, I guess it was the Eskimos then. Or maybe Martians. Those Martian bastards can be really tricky.

God, I hope you're joking.
            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by I cOmE iN PEaCE View Post
              Care to make any sort of bet on that?

Comment

There is no evidence the sky is blue either.

Until you open your eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
                  Hmm, gee, I guess it was the Eskimos then. Or maybe Martians. Those Martian bastards can be really tricky.

God, I hope you're joking.
                  Hee heee heee
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

No, the Moslems did not do it.

Just Allah's wish!
                    Last edited by Ray; 20 Sep 06,, 03:45.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

"Gunmen shot dead sister Leonella Sgorbati and her bodyguard"

What is the world coming to when a nun needs a bodyguard?

Comment

Go to Somalia and you will require a bodyguard even when you visit the toilet.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Go to most any predominately Muslim country and you might need a bodyguard. They might pack explosives under the seat or something like that.
                          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
                            Go to most any predominately Muslim country and you might need a bodyguard. They might pack explosives under the seat or something like that.
                            it is somalia plus where is proof?

Comment

I was reading the newspaper the other day where I saw 2 articles next to each other:

Muslims say Pope's apology doesn't go far enough.

-next to it-

Murdered nun forgives her killer.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X