critics of this rifle. Although there are some critics of the
bullpup design.

The only major complaint I have with this rifle is that in
CQB it requires you to expose a larger part of your body
while turning corners. But it kinda makes up for that because
it provides better maneuverability.

This rifle performs a multi-role function, in that it
and can be converted from your basic assault rifle, to a carbine, to a
decent sniper platform to an all out MG with a tripod, with the use of different barrels which can be fitted quickly and easilly. Not only that, it can be easily converted into a 9mm platform. with a few adjustments.

And if that isn't enough... it looks sexy as a fox!

http://world.guns.ru/assault/aug_r.jpg
Steyr AUG A1 in standard rifle configuration (military green colour)

http://world.guns.ru/assault/aug_m203.jpg
Steyr AUG with M203 40mm grenade launcher

http://world.guns.ru/assault/aug_s.jpg
Steyr AUG A1 Carbine (police black colour)

http://world.guns.ru/assault/aug_ft.jpg
Steyr AUG A2 with in Carbine configuration (shorter barrel) and with Picatinny-type rail installed instead of standard telescope sight

http://world.guns.ru/assault/aug_bbls.jpg
Comparison of various AUG barrels, from top to bottom: LMG/heavy barrel with bipod; standard rifle barrel; carbine barrel; SMG barrel

Caliber: 5.56mm NATO (.223rem)
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Overall length: 805 mm (with standard 508 mm barrel)
Barrel length: 508 mm (also 350 mm SMG, 407 mm Carbine or 621 mm LMG heavy barrel)

Range: Light Support Weapon: 1500 feet (457.2 meters), Assault Rifle: 333 feet (400 meters), Carbine: 1200 feet (366 meters), Commando: 984 feet (300 meters), and 9 mm: 328 feet (100 meters).

Weight: 3.8 kg unloaded (with standard 508 mm barrel)
Magazines: 30 or 42 rounds box magazines
Rate of Fire: Approx. 700 rounds/min
Mode of Fire: Semi Automatic / Fully automatic
Muzzle Velocity: 3054 feet per second.
Trigger-pull: 9 lbs.

The standard sighting equipment of the Steyr AUG rifle is the 1.5X telescope sight, with aiming reticle made as a circle. This circle is so dimensioned so its visible inner diameter is equal to the visible height of the standing man at 300 meters range.

For the marksmen there is a Special Receiver with a weaver scope rail instead of the carrying handle/scope. This way you can use your high power scope for those longer shots or better yet night vision scopes.

http://student.cs.ucc.ie/02/jps1/aug24.jpg

The AUG uses a short piston stroke, gas operated action, with the gas piston mounted inside the compact gas block, which is fixed to the barrel. The gas cylinder is offset to the right from the barrel. Gas piston has its own return spring, contained inside the gas block. The gas system features a three positions gas regulator, which allows for two open positions (for normal and fouled conditions) and one closed position (for launching the rifle grenades). The gas block also contains a barrel fix / release lock and a front grip hinge. Each barrel has eight lugs, that lock into the steel insert in the receiver, and there's four basic barrel patterns for the AUG: standard rifle barrel is 508 mm (~20 in) long. "Compact" or "Submachine gun" barrel is 350 mm (13.8 in) long, "Carbine" barrel is 407 mm (16 in) long, and the heavy / LMG (light machine gun) barrel is 621 mm (24.4 in) long. On each rifle barrels can be exchanged in the matter of seconds. Each barrel is fitted with the flash hider, and the heavy 621 mm barrel also is fitted with lightweight folding bipods. There's no bayonet lug on Austrian service rifles, but it can be installed if required.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/AUG_smg.jpg

http://www.moreammo.com/Aug9mm.gif
-With 9mm Conversion Kit-

Any AUG may be conversed into SMG and back within 10 minutes by the owner. Resulted SMG is a simple blowback operated, and could be equipped with silencer.

http://www.waffenhq.de/infanterie/steyrdisa.jpg

Simplicity eh?
This is one chick without much baggage. ;)

http://world.guns.ru/smg/aug9kit.jpg
Conversion kit: new barrel, bolt assembly and magazine adapter

http://student.cs.ucc.ie/02/jps1/barrels.gif

No selection lever needs to be manipulated to control semi or full-auto fire. The selection lever is integrated with the trigger. The trigger has a two stage pull that travels on a horizontal axis only, the trigger-pull weights come in at a crisp 9 pounds. The first stage is a single shot with the second stage being the full-auto. The Irish Army have an 'automatic lockout' on the trigger of their version of the A.U.G. The rifle will fire single shots unless the lockout is disengaged. The see-thru magazine allows for a quick ammo check. There is a cleaning kit in the stock of each AUG, just below the trigger pack.

2DREZQ
13 Aug 03,, 19:39
Cool post, thanks.

NINE POUND TRIGGER PULL? Makes those long shots tricky, doesn't it?

bigross86
13 Aug 03,, 19:42
What's the trigger pull on the M-82?

Stinger
13 Aug 03,, 19:49
I have never fired a bull-pup type rifle, do they feel any different from a standard rifle when fired? (ie more kick/less kick avg)

bigross86
13 Aug 03,, 20:18
What exactly IS a bull-pup?

Stinger
13 Aug 03,, 20:36
The chamber and associated mechanical parts, including magazine, are located behind the trigger and grip.

bigross86
13 Aug 03,, 20:37
Cool. What is it with naming military things afetr dogs, though? Bull-pup, Dog tooth wing, etc...

TNP
13 Aug 03,, 21:34
The trigger pull for the M82 is 6.5lbs I think.
But the M82 is a pure sniper platform.
The Styer Aug, although capable of long range
shots with its LSW and assault barrels, still needs
a trigger weight that can also compensate for CQB etc.
where you dont want to have a light trigger.

bigross86
13 Aug 03,, 21:46
True. :)Clp

Bill
14 Aug 03,, 05:20
"What's the trigger pull on the M-82?"

Armorer adjustable between 2.0 and 4.0 lbs(XM-82).

Horrido
20 Aug 03,, 20:05
I nearly got to shoot a steyer before someone noticed it hadn't been adjusted for my left-handed rifle tendencies...

bigross86
20 Aug 03,, 20:34
So instead of adjusting and letting you play, they took it away?

Horrido
25 Aug 03,, 09:47
Not a big issue, people became aware that I was staring with some concern down the ejection port, so they just pulled the plug from the left side of the stalk and used it to cover the right side, thus averting "case-ejection discomfort."

bigross86
25 Aug 03,, 09:51
Cool.

Topmanager
26 Jan 05,, 10:47
Hi guys!

Iīm new here, but I know the AUG quite good, because I used it in the Austrian Army!

It`s a really nice gun and (dis-)assambling the whole rifle takes about 2 minutes (for the normal soldier - i quess there are some freaks out there who can do it faster :) )

We used the 5.56 and there is like no kick and the best is the double used trigger:
Single Shot - just pull to a resistance
Auto fire - overbear the resistance and... :biggrin:

Even the dumbest guy can operate that gun (in it's 2 modes) without having to think of switching between autofire or single shot and also the assembling stuff can be learned by everyone within very short time and also without looking at it!

For me it's one of the easiest to use, simple built and most accurate assaultrifle in the world!

Ok, while beign at the army i hated it, because i had to clean it every day... :( and that for 8 months....

greets from Austria

TopManager

The Chap
25 Feb 05,, 06:17
If a weapon fetish overtakes one it should only EVER be for assault shotguns.

I give you the SPAS-12.

Now go home with y' lady guns. :tongue:

Bill
25 Feb 05,, 06:33
I used to own a SPAS-12.

Junk.

Hawk_eye
25 Feb 05,, 06:41
I used to own a SPAS-12.

Junk.

Really! I had read quite a few praises for the SPAS-12 in Weapons for Law Enforcement Magazine, however i have always been partial to the Remington Wingmaster.

sniperdude411
27 Feb 05,, 23:25
I have never fired a bull-pup type rifle, do they feel any different from a standard rifle when fired? (ie more kick/less kick avg)
Bull-pup guns tend to have a lot more muzzle climb than a standard weapon, but the size and accuracy of bull-pup guns make them great marksman/sniper rifles and CQB weapons.
The Walther WA2000 is a great example of a bull-pup rifle, but its complexity (and therefore price) make it almost entirely unavailable.
http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn15-e.htm
parts diagram: http://www.carlwalther.com/views/ev_wa2000.htm
As you can see, 314 different parts.

Terran empire
28 Feb 05,, 00:14
The newer Aug A3 version looks good

Hawk_eye
28 Feb 05,, 17:09

Thats impressive, is it for Civil applications?

Terran empire
28 Feb 05,, 19:27
Thats impressive, is it for Civil applications?
We all Wish It's straight up tactical.

sniperdude411
01 Mar 05,, 02:32
The AUG is one of the greatest bullpups ever made because of its simplicity.
Blowback operated, no gas piston, no weird anti-recoil systems; just a straight-up bullpup gun. I like it.

The Chap
03 Mar 05,, 05:05
Snipe! Really! I know they are fidley and not to taste but before I defend the thing, I think I deserve to know which version arroused your ire. :eek:

That being said, I bet you got a bloody good price for it given import restrictions :biggrin: ;)

sniperdude411
05 Mar 05,, 00:14
Snipe! Really! I know they are fidley and not to taste but before I defend the thing, I think I deserve to know which version arroused your ire. :eek:

That being said, I bet you got a bloody good price for it given import restrictions :biggrin: ;)

Oh, no I've never really shot that thing (wish I had, though), I just plain like it. I've had plenty (for a 14 year-old) of shooting experience on hunting rifles, semi-auto rifles (only a few pistols tough). I've shot LOTS of .22s, .222, .270s, .30-06, 9mm, .40, .357 mag., 20 gauge(2-3/4, 3in.; both slugs), and my 12 gauge (3.5 in., shot many 2-3/4, 3 in slugs, and 3.5 in. shotshells; don't want to shoot a 3.5 in. slug anytime soon).
Sorry for the long list. Just had to brag a little.
Oh, and also, I go trap shooting sometimes (maybe 4 times a month) and my averae score is 21. I've only done this for abut 6 months. *bows*

Ziska
06 Mar 05,, 23:59
The Australian army (not to be confused with the austrian army) uses styers also, with a fixed 1.5x scope. I like em. They are short, light, and made of plastic. Whats not to like?

That said, I've only used the Styer, minimi and SLR, so...

Rumour has it we'll be getting rid of the styers soonish and using surplus M16's. has anyone used both? I know styers are shorter and lighter, but M16's are slightly more reliable in the wet.

troung
02 May 05,, 04:01
Production of the AUG has switched to Malaysia from Austria. So if one these days orders a new AUG you are likely to get it from Malaysia.

In South East Asia at least 3 nations have picked some up. Malaysia uses it as an issue weapon, Indonesia has it with police CT/COIN units and it turns up among Philippine Scout Rangers. Granted the Indonesian and Philippine AUGs are actually Australian made F-88s.

Malaysia
Malaysia
Malaysian Paskal naval commandos
Indonesian Brimob member with an F-88
Philippine Scout Ranger with a F-88

Ricola-Ranger
02 May 05,, 14:04
...Blowback operated...

don't lie ;)

Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt

sniperdude411
02 May 05,, 21:30
Sorry; wrong gun.

The AUG look REALLY sexy with its grenade launcher on...

Ziska
04 May 05,, 06:56
The GLA (Grenade Launcher Attatchment) is a bloody pain in the **** to carry. It only weighs an extra kilo, but its right at the end of the rife, and tends to make you 'drag' your barrel. Which means you get yelled at for not having your barrel parallel.

Also, it tends to act like a giant scoop during fire-and-movement, getting dirt and crap in it.

Australian F-88's have a lug at the end of the barrel so you can use bayonets as well, but the GLA guys don't have em. I've always wondered... if the call is fix bayonets, what do the guys with the LSW/guns do? run and stab the enemies with the barrel? :)

ak-dave
04 May 05,, 07:21
Just saw this thread and have add my thoughts. Iíve had my AUG for 19+ years and have shot the hell out of it. Even took it to Germany in the late 80ís and everyone went nuts over it. The muzzle climb is actually less than a M-16/AR-15 and Iíve been shooting those for over 30 years. The first thing most people notice about a bulpup is itís tendency to feel butt heavy, this all balances out when you shoot it. Shot the FAMAS a couple times with the French Army. Almost bought one in 88-89 from Century and thought $1300 was too much to spend, little did we all know. Also had a hard-on for the WA2000, wasnít up to the 5K+ price tag when they came out.

The AUG is nice and sweet to shoot. Like the FAMAS they both are field changeable to left hand. The AUG requires a different bolt and to switch over the ejection cover. The FAMAS only needs to swap over the extractor & ejectors and flip around the top cover.
Horrido, a really nice guy would have had a left hand bolt and hooked you up. Just kidding, Iím a lefty so I ordered a lefty bolt with the rifle.

The AUG is gas operated; the gas adjustment is on the right side under the front leg of the sight tube. The right guide rod of the bolt carrier is pushed by a gas piston to cycle the weapon.

The big issue with being wet is only if the weapons are submerged. The water tension and small bore size doesnít let water drain easily. Not gone swimming with my AUG; weíre taught to pull back the charging handle a little bit on the M-16 and shake the weapon to drain water, hit the forward assist and continue the mission. Could do the same for an AUG.

Here are some pictures:
1. Right side of AUG
2. Left side of AUG
3. Set up left handed
4. Set up right handed
5. Just having fun

sniperdude411
04 May 05,, 17:42
What kind of requirements are there to get those kind of guns?

troung
04 May 05,, 22:23
Rumour has it we'll be getting rid of the styers soonish and using surplus M16's. has anyone used both? I know styers are shorter and lighter, but M16's are slightly more reliable in the wet.

Well new build C-7/C-8s and M-16A3/A4/M-4s are on the market. The new C-7A2 from Canada would be a nice rifle to pick up as it would be easier to carry in an APC then a M-16A2.

Of course a lot of rumors do turn out ot have nothing behind them ;)

ak-dave
04 May 05,, 22:52
Itís easy to adopt an AUG.

1. Be eligible to own firearm. That covers all the Federal, State and local laws governing firearm ownership.

2. Have lots of money. SA AUGís are $2500-$4000, USR are even near the $2000 range. NFA AUG or USR is another game all together.

The non-sporting (evil assault weapon) rifle ban of 1989 stopped the importation of many military style semi-automatics. Driving the prices through the roof, they had been available for about the cost of a regular hunting rifle. SA AUG - $650, HK-91 - $700, Galil - $800, Chinese AKM / AKMS - $125 and base M1A -$725. The good old days!!

sniperdude411
04 May 05,, 22:57
So you own semi-auto versions?
Where do you get guns like this? Every gun shop I've been to only carries hunting rifles and such.

leib10
04 May 05,, 23:10
Century Arms does a lot of importing of various kinds of military-style rifles. I have two from Century Arms, an HK-91 and an SAR-1 (AK47), although I've only seen one AUG for sale in my whole life, and that was a full-auto one selling for $12000.

SovietHonor
05 May 05,, 00:20
i think that ban ended didnt it?

Bill
05 May 05,, 00:40
Yep.

sniperdude411
05 May 05,, 21:30
If you are talking about the Brady Bill, then yes it did end. Other than that I do not know.
BTW, I hope you all know how useless the Brady bill was.

ak-dave
06 May 05,, 08:33
Firearms Owners Against Crime (http://www.foac-pac.org/newsletters/n2004-08.html) has a good short low down on what changed with the Clinton Crime Bill expiring. Still canít assemble kits without meeting Ďpartsí count.

"Restrictions On Part Imports Remain After Clinton Assault Weapon Ban Ends
When the Clinton gun ban expires on Sept. 13, it will again be legal, under federal law, for private individuals to possess newly manufactured and newly assembled AR-15s, MIAs and comparable American-made semiautomatics with their standard complement of attachments, such as retractable stocks, "pistol grips" and flash suppressors.
The end of the ban will be good news for gun owners in practical terms, because people who use those guns for legitimate purposes benefit from many of the attachments in question. Gun owners should be aware, however, that, in some cases, adding such attachments to foreign-made guns, or guns made in the U.S. with imported parts, is a violation of federal law and will continue to be so after the Clinton ban expires.
Under the Unsoeld Amendment of 1990 (18 USC 922r), it is illegal "to assemble from imported parts any semi-automatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation," such as a Fabrique Nationale FAL, Heckler & Koch Model 91, or Kalashnikov. Those rifles and 38 others were prohibited from importation by the BATF in 1989 because of their attachments and other features.
The relevant regulation for the law (27 Code of Federal Regulations 178.39) lists 20 firearm parts, and stipulates that no more than 10 of them, if imported, may be used to assemble such a firearm.
See: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/part178.pdf for the regulation."

To keep it tougher, the ATF has to approve the method to reassemble a select-fire weapon into a semi-automatic only. Full-auto, Class III or NFA (National Firearms Act) weapons construction and transfers are regulated by the ATF. No new machine-guns for the public for years now, must have been registered and possessed before May 19, 1986. Some states allow NFA weapons and most do not. Washington is not a Class III state and the assault weapon ban stopped almost all NFA. Canít even posses machine-gun parts here.

BTW the 1989 law is: 18 USC 925(d)(3) and 27 Code of Federal Regulations 178.111. This is the birth of the thumbhole stocks and the "non-sporting" rifle issues.

sniperdude411
07 May 05,, 19:40
I think the SL-8 looks really cool even with a thumbhole stock...

davechng
12 Sep 05,, 21:21
AUgs are fun little gun! But itS a bit fragile IMHO! the extractor broke on mine after 3k round. hot empty brass does get caught in my plastic stock and the bolt ! hot brass eats right into the stock! :mad:

Here are my babies, its a AUG-A2 version!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/davechng/Guns/IMG_0472.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/davechng/Guns/aef87812.jpg

DaveC

Asim Aquil
12 Sep 05,, 21:32
http://www.waffenhq.de/infanterie/steyrdisa.jpg

I remember these from Counter Strike.

Asim Aquil
12 Sep 05,, 21:33
I'm curious, when do you guys actually get to use these rifles?

davechng
12 Sep 05,, 21:35
I'm curious, when do you guys actually get to use these rifles?

I own my rifles ! Using it now!

:biggrin:

I use it for target shooting, IPSC 3 gun matches, hunting, home protection... ANything we can use on a firearms! Used to serve in the SIngapore Army! So! get to use it to defend my country!

;)
DaveC!

ak-dave
13 Sep 05,, 05:34
Not many problems with my AUG, at 3-4K I did notice that the welds were cracking that held the plate on the back of the bolt carrier. Called Gunís Southís Styer gunsmith and was told it was OK, the plate is welded in for the states. Been shooting it frequently since 1986, figure somewhere near 400K+ rounds have been put through it. Only got one melted spot on the front lower corner of the right side ejection port.

butt -------------- right side ejection port ------------ muzzle
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/ak-dave/R.jpg

muzzle -----------left side ejection port --------------butt
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/ak-dave/L.jpg

muzle ------------Top of ejection ports --------------- butt
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/ak-dave/T.jpg

DaveC, welcome to World Affairs Board.
Got to shoot in an IPSC style charity 3-gun shoot this weekend. It was a real kick in the pants. Didnít really think and using the AUG until after the house clearing stage, most everyone was using a carbine style AR. Mostly mouse guns, 2 M1Aís, a PTR-91 w/ Tapco T6 stock and one Garand. Weak hand only with a Garand, not for the weak of wrist!! With the built-in optics on the AUG do you have to be in OPEN class or can you stay LIMITED? I hate to think my 1.5X is matched against a true scoped weapon. :mad:

Chino
13 Sep 05,, 07:05

http://world.guns.ru/assault/sar21_3.jpg
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1031&stc=1

The SAR-21, like 2 peas in a pod.

Repatriated Canuck
13 Sep 05,, 14:05
I've done a lot of shooting as I was on a rifle team when I was younger and IMO I don't like the idea of having my hands so close together for shooting like you get with a bull-pup. I think I like the traditional firing position better. Also, wouldn't the magazine be annoying when prone?

I liked my C-7. Comfortable, accurate and I didn't have to pay for it.

davechng
13 Sep 05,, 15:48
HI AK DAve!

for the AUG I had to do open class! I just have better luck when I use my M4 and other conventional rifle. HAr har! Weak hand with garand! Dang! I can;t imagine the reloading on those clips!

FOr the AUG, it helps to go with an ACOG TA-01 NSN! too bad the backup iron sights don;t match up like the M4 will!

DAveC

sniperdude411
13 Sep 05,, 18:04
See, I'm a good shot and all, but since I mainly live in Illinois, I can't really go anywhere to shoot. The nearest known rifle range that you don't have to pay $12,000 to get in is about 100 miles from where I live. So you all have it going really good.
I'll hit a small (2.5-3") tomato at 75 yards with a .22LR (cheap ammo) with open sights that shoot a little low and to the right (the gun's so old, the sights are rusted tight).

The Chap
30 Sep 05,, 02:29
This is why I defend Yankyland. :)

Terran empire
01 Oct 05,, 01:07
Ok Up date
BE hold The Latest Version of the AUG (http://world.guns.ru/assault/as72-e.htm)

Or as I like to call it What happens When you invite the OICW to a party one night with the AUG and wait 9 months

leib10
01 Oct 05,, 01:12
Looks like the stock design hasn't changed much.

Mt1
01 Oct 05,, 01:47
Remembers me to the FN2000.

sniperdude411
02 Oct 05,, 01:56
F2000, is totally different. It's really more of a gun with a sweet scope on it.
The AICW idea is kinda weird. You can't just put on an attachment onto a stock gun without it being horribly inergonomic. The US OICW idea is much better, since it's a whole new system.

Terran empire
02 Oct 05,, 17:13
F2000, is totally different. It's really more of a gun with a sweet scope on it.
The AICW idea is kinda weird. You can't just put on an attachment onto a stock gun without it being horribly inergonomic. The US OICW idea is much better, since it's a whole new system.
Well truth be told The OICW XM29 used a Cut down G36c the the only real new parts were the scope and grenade launcher. the AICW is equally revolutionary in that it uses Metal storm based Electronically fired case-less 40-mm grenades. Both systems used a 5.56mm proven carbine as a building point. neither of them is really ergonomic in a few years when better plastics, ceramics , and metallurgy come around they could really make a truly ergonomic unit but till then they are both big heavy clunky and Cool.

sniperdude411
04 Oct 05,, 22:41
its not exactly a g36 on the bottom, but it is similar; you can't do much about the gun part, other than putting it on the bottom. They tried side-by-side, but soldiers HATED it. The other way around, and it'd be an m16 with an accurate grenade launcher.

ak-dave
08 Oct 05,, 10:48
Hey DaveC,

You going for a AUG SA A3 (http://www.impactguns.com/store/STEYR-AUGA3-16.html) if they really are coming out? Iím already in for a FS2000 (http://www.impactguns.com/store/FN-FS2000.html) if and when they get in.

Itís only money; Iíd only spend it on beer and cigarettes anyway. :biggrin: :biggrin:

platinum786
09 Oct 05,, 16:57
guns should be simple, not devices with computers on them....

i eamn imagine if they use a windows O.S.....you'll need to restart the gun after you change clips for it to register....

and hows a US marine going to learn to use one of those?

and terrorists....they're going to be making Ak's for centuries to come....most of them can read, let alone operate one of these....then again i reckon the children of most US soldiers could learn to use these guns faster than thier parents...

Terran empire
09 Oct 05,, 19:06
guns should be simple, not devices with computers on them....

i eamn imagine if they use a windows O.S.....you'll need to restart the gun after you change clips for it to register....

and hows a US marine going to learn to use one of those?

and terrorists....they're going to be making Ak's for centuries to come....most of them can read, let alone operate one of these....then again i reckon the children of most US soldiers could learn to use these guns faster than thier parents...

Let it be said that one of the new projects under development by DARPA is a OS just for the military After All Windows sucks and could be hacked by a virus, Mac is too user friendly but only works with mac. right now they are looking at a linux based OS.
And don't think this thing or the XM29 have a whole key board. the controls for the xm29 were just a lazing button a + meter, a - meter and ejection and selector controls the other controls are just for the scope. vision mode, zoom, cross hair choice.

sniperdude411
10 Oct 05,, 04:06
Hey DaveC,

You going for a AUG SA A3 (http://www.impactguns.com/store/STEYR-AUGA3-16.html) if they really are coming out? Iím already in for a FS2000 (http://www.impactguns.com/store/FN-FS2000.html) if and when they get in.

Itís only money; Iíd only spend it on beer and cigarettes anyway. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Holy ****... you're actually getting the FS2000?
Wow... prepare to be amazed... That gun was almost my dream gun for a while, until the sexy xm307 came around...

leib10
10 Oct 05,, 04:57
It's a bit too futuristic looking for my taste... :/

ak-dave
10 Oct 05,, 21:44
Just figure get Ďem while you can. Learned the hard lessons of Ďwaiting until laterí to buy in the past, look at all the import bans. Passed on the FAMAS & USAS-12 when I had chances to get them, now look. Iíve decided if itís something that I like, just do it. If I change my mind later itís OK. Most unusual firearms usually appreciate in value too. Besides, Iíve always liked being out of the mainstream anyway. :biggrin: :biggrin:

leib10
10 Oct 05,, 22:06
I'd like to get my hands on a G36 if they ever come out.

ak-dave
10 Oct 05,, 23:43
Airsoft!! ROLF

It's just an odd humor point to me. Talking to guys about all the shooting they are doing and their favorite to shoot. THEN find out they are talking about console gaming or Airsoft. PU$$IES!!

leib10
11 Oct 05,, 00:34
Heh, I know plenty of guys like that. Like when they tell me they have a full-auto MP5 and I start drooling, and then they mention a motor and a battery.

ak-dave
11 Oct 05,, 00:56
Damn batteries, I hate it when it dies in the middle of a firefight. :rolleyes:

Pookieweb (a.k.a. HC POOKIE) (http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/) has a picture of a G36 clone built-up from an SL-8.

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/G36/camo1.jpg

sniperdude411
14 Oct 05,, 02:09
Heh, I know plenty of guys like that. Like when they tell me they have a full-auto MP5 and I start drooling, and then they mention a motor and a battery.

Oh god I hate those guys...
They think they've got a good gun, when they haven't even fired a .22.
And even worse... paintballers.
I HATE paintballers with overblown ego. They think they've got a good shot... yeah; when they spray paint as fast as possible...
it's point and press the "I-win" button as many times as you can.
But I must say, airsoft is a great sport for backyard skirmishes, or indoor shooting.
Kids (like myself), if you want a pistol, go buy a GBB desert eagle for $100 bucks. Real fun to shoot indoors. But don't go outside waving it around if you have mean neighbors that call the cops on you, like I do.