PDA

View Full Version : model and BB firearms

tomas
30 Jan 04,, 13:41
i was recently looking at some BB guns in a shop called the dart box they had a number of cool looking guns there and i was wondering which should i get.

colt 45
colt 25
desert eagle
socom
9mm

rifles (more expensive but some are real)
rat catcher (used by pest control officers)(could use that around my town)
replica M1 garand

so which sould i get the max price is 150 so i can get any of the above ones

Bill
31 Jan 04,, 10:50
What do you plan to use it for?

That would be the determining factor for me, assuming all are of equal quality.

tomas
05 Feb 04,, 12:04
defence (they look real (like they could fire bullets)) and to start a collection

Bill
06 Feb 04,, 22:05
Get whatever one has the longest barrel then, it will have the most velocity, and hence the most Kinetic energy.

And oh...aim for the eye, lol.

tomas
09 Feb 04,, 10:07
lol ok i'll get the rat catcher

Ironduke
09 Feb 04,, 18:16
Originally posted by tomas
defence (they look real (like they could fire bullets)) and to start a collection
If I had one of those BB guns pointed at me, it would take about 0.2 seconds to figure out it's not the real thing. Barrels are going to be different. And the BB gun mockup could possibly make a shaking sound with the BB's :)

tomas
10 Feb 04,, 10:30
yeah that is true but at close range and in the dark they cant tell the differnece and the warning on it is weird:
do not shoot at the man or animals

the man i think is the police so people are ok and animals its a rat rifle you shoot vermin

Bill
11 Feb 04,, 17:05
LOL, forget trying to scare an intruder...just shoot him in the eye.

If nothing else, it will be a whole lot easier to kick his ass after that. ;)

bigross86
11 Feb 04,, 17:13
Ahhh, Snipe. Gotta love the way he thinks...

tomas
12 Feb 04,, 09:52
true and with the nut cases up in my area where people (kids about 18 years old) carry rifles in cases openly then i need protection :sniper

Bill
13 Feb 04,, 10:03
Frankly, good pepper spray would be better for defense.

However, it is hard to shoot a pigeon with pepper spray. ;)

tomas
13 Feb 04,, 10:04
:doh! that was bad. but then again i wouldn't shoot a person or haven't :00 :00 :evil:

Stinger
13 Feb 04,, 21:41
get a rifle bb gun that is durable and has a bayonet lug... then get the bayonet to go with it :D

tomas
23 Feb 04,, 11:38
good idea i would rather stab a person than shoot him nah i would only kill if my life depended on it and since i am going in the air force in a year i will probably have to then.

Hawk_eye
14 May 04,, 02:59
i was recently looking at some BB guns in a shop called the dart box they had a number of cool looking guns there and i was wondering which should i get.

colt 45
colt 25
desert eagle
socom
9mm

replica M1 garand

Hey tomas, your living in england? Well i was reading that now people in England cant even keep Co2 pistol's that have a self contained cartridge system? Is that right?

Anyway, why dont you apply for a FAC= Fire Arms Certificate, Buy a nice 3 rnd magazine shotgun and blast away... :) Perfect for defence,.... Why waste money on a Air gun.

Even better buy some pepperspray... Remember Try the "Pepperball" brand, used by Law Enforcement ... Very Leathal.. :)

The Chap
01 Sep 04,, 01:43

colt 45
colt 25
desert eagle
socom
9mm

replica M1 garand

Given you state 150, I assume you are in the UK. If shooting for fun, airsoft is almost cerainly your best bet. Try www.sportsmk.co.uk. You will not be dissappointed! :cool: :)
Not being able to use anything (sporting shotguns aside) in the UK I have a gas Walther P99 and a high power spring Spas 12B (unfortunately only 3/4 weight).
Tremendous fun. Try and stretch to 200. I promise it'll be worth the extra. Go gas for hand guns. With attatchments etc. the good kit will go up to 1.5-2.0 J. ;)

Dragoon
03 Sep 04,, 05:31

Pepper spray is great stuff at close range it, its better than any older CS types. It does however usualy get in YOUR eyes and nose. so be warned.

Personaly I like my old goose gun for the birds.

Dragoon

lemontree
04 Nov 04,, 10:49
tomas

If you want to scare neighbourhood guys go in for the BB version of the British assault rifle. It should do the job. Costs just Pounds 99.00.
http://www.battleorders.co.uk/acatalog/Battle_Orders_GUNS__Soft_Air__Blank_Firing___metal _replica_rifle_2.html

http://www.battleorders.co.uk/acatalog/saf202b.JPG

Terran empire
04 Nov 04,, 22:04
tomas

If you want to scare neighbourhood guys go in for the BB version of the British assault rifle. It should do the job. Costs just Pounds 99.00.
http://www.battleorders.co.uk/acatalog/Battle_Orders_GUNS__Soft_Air__Blank_Firing___metal _replica_rifle_2.html

http://www.battleorders.co.uk/acatalog/saf202b.JPG
oh come on man i know a site with a BB G36c an M4 or an AK47.....
http://www.tokyohobby.net/shop/index.php

lemontree
05 Nov 04,, 09:24
oh come on man i know a site with a BB G36c an M4 or an AK47.....
http://www.tokyohobby.net/shop/index.php

Thats a really cool site. Thanks for the info. (BTW I had referred the earlier site to tomas since he is based in UK, there are a number of cool sites on air rifles.) :cool:

griftadan
06 Nov 04,, 09:20

its tricky, but the results are worth it :biggrin:

Terran empire
06 Nov 04,, 11:08
its tricky, but the results are worth it :biggrin:

Truly evil.......... liked it alot :biggrin:

jame$thegreat
11 Dec 04,, 17:00
Well i recently was in the catskill mountains and i saw the coolest .35 pistol (BB gun) it looked so realistic i would not risk my life on that gun(if i was @ gun point) it would not be worth it, it was way too realistic to tell in the dark or for that matter in broad daylight i would not want to take that close a look anyway ;) :cool: