Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear threat to the USA?

http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28676

And what do these idiots think we'd do in return? Roll over?
    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
      And what do these idiots think we'd do in return? Roll over?
      In case there's any ambiguity, we'd fucck them* up real good.

Real good.

* Them being whatever state seems most likely to have funded/trained/aided the infiltrators.

Comment

I don't buy it. Why would anybody smuggle Potassium Iodide tablets when they can just get them at the local pharmacy?

Comment

Warning of a big attack.
          http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52018

Comment

God help them if they try something. Because if they do, the middle east is going to be pretty quiet for the next 10,000 years or so.
            F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Nah, we dont have the balls to defend ourselves anymore. We have become to weak and compassionate towards the Islamic threat.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
                God help them if they try something. Because if they do, the middle east is going to be pretty quiet for the next 10,000 years or so.
                I'd hate to even imagine a bomb like that going off in a modern day city
                Here's some historical info on Hiroshima, which was a small weapon by today's nuclear standards.
                Thousands upon thousands died in Hiroshima
                http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poe...ne/bombing.htm
                Altogether an area of 13 sq. Ikm. (5 sq. mi.) was reduced to ashes and of the 76,000 buildings in the city 62.9% were destroyed and only 8% escaped damage.

If they do do something with Nukes, then those radical Islamics will be finished. The radical muslims have a kamikaze attitude but I hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to set off a Nuke, otherwise they could face a lot worse than what Japanese had to put up with.

Comment

Thats pretty scary stuff,but im not sure how credible the source is,you havent seen nothing about it on fox news and cnn.

Comment

From The TimesOnline http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...391574,00.html) and Sky News (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...236312,00.html

Seizures of radioactive materials fuel 'dirty bomb' fears
                    By Lewis Smith, Environment Reporter

SEIZURES of smuggled radioactive material capable of making a terrorist “dirty bomb” have doubled in the past four years, according to official figures seen by The Times.

Smugglers have been caught trying to traffick dangerous radioactive material more than 300 times since 2002, statistics from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) show. Most of the incidents are understood to have occurred in Europe.

The disclosures come as al-Qaeda is known to be intensfiying its efforts to obtain a radoactive device. Last year, Western security services, including MI5 and MI6, thwarted 16 attempts to smuggle plutonium or uranium. On two occasions small quantities of highly enriched uranium were reported missing. All were feared to have been destined for terror groups.

Scientists responsible for analysing the seizures have given warning that traffickers are turning to hospital X-ray equipment and laboratory supplies as an illicit source of radioactive material.

Investigators believe that the smugglers, who come mainly from the former Eastern bloc, are interested only in making a swift fortune and believe that they may have no compunction in selling to jihadist groups. Most undercover operations and recent seizures have been kept secret to protect the activities of Western security services.

Rigorous controls on nuclear processors, especially with Russia co-operating to stop the trafficking of enriched plutonium and uranium, have limited smugglers’ access to weapons-grade nuclear materials. But medical and laboratory sources, including waste, remain vulnerable. Such radioactive waste can be used to make a dirty bomb.

A dirty bomb combines a conventional explosive, such as dynamite, with radioactive material such as spent nuclear fuel like highly enriched uranium and plutonium. In most instances the conventional explosive would kill more bystanders but the dispersion of the radioactive material would have a hugely damaging “fear” factor.

There were 103 cases of illicit trafficking last year, compared with fewer than 30 in 1996. Fifty-eight incidents were reported in 2002, rising to 90 in 2003 and 130 in 2004. Experts point out that seizures in the past three years equal the same amount of trafficking in the previous seven years.

Olli Heinonen, deputy director-general of the IAEA, which monitors trafficking and inspects nuclear plants to audit their radioactive materials, said that while weapons-grade nuclear material smuggling was now rare there were serious concerns about other radioactive substances.

“A dirty bomb is something that needs to be taken seriously. We need to be prepared for anything because anything could happen,” he said. “Terrorists look for the weakest link. We need to be alert and we need to be prepared.”

Al-Qaeda makes no secret of its desire to obtain a dirty bomb. Last month its leader in Iraq, Abu Hamza alMuhajer, called for scientists to join it and experiment with radioactive devices for use against coalition troops. Even before 9/11, Osama bin Laden invited two Pakistani atomic scientists to visit a training camp in Afghanistan to discuss how to assemble a bomb using stolen plutonium. Captured al-Qaeda leaders have since confessed to the CIA of their attempts to smuggle a radioactive device into the US.

Professor Klaus Lützenkir-chen, who helps to analyse the seized substances, said that even small quantities of radio-active material could be of use to terrorists.

“If someone gets hold of it, it is possible it could be used in a dirty bomb,” he said. He added that if such a dirty bomb were detonated in a town centre the physical effect would be comparatively small and unlikely to cause huge loss of life but would have an enormously damaging “fear factor”.

One of the most serious seizures since 9/11 was that of several kilograms of a radioactive substance known as yellow cake that was found in a consignment of scrap metal at the port of Rotterdam in December 2003.

Professor Lützenkirchen said that seizures have been made across Europe, usually at borders and sea ports. Most of the trafficked material originated from the Caucasus region where he said that there was “considerable activity” among smugglers.

Seizures have continued this year, though overall figures for 2006 are not yet available. They include the discovery in Germany of a small quantity of highly enriched uranium.
                    Last edited by Major_Armstrong; 07 Oct 06,, 13:49.

Comment

What is really scary to think about is the amount of fissionable materials and bio/chem weapons that are floating around the armories of countries that were part of the old Soviet Union.

We saw massive amounts of stored conventional arms and explosives in Iraq, Just think for a moment of what is sitting in the Ukraine or some other former Soviet Republic. Who is watching that stuff?

I'm sure in some cases American taxpayers are footing the bill to dipose of old Soviet weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiSatellite View Post
                        If they do do something with Nukes, then those radical Islamics will be finished. The radical muslims have a kamikaze attitude but I hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to set off a Nuke, otherwise they could face a lot worse than what Japanese had to put up with.
                        Perhaps.

There are several problems to this assumption. First of all, where did the nuke originate from? Can we identify the hand holding the smoking gun? Should we obliterate "all the usual suspects" for the actions of one of them? What if we determine the weapon was domestically produced from a variety of parts?

Second, do we actually have the balls to do it? Or will we waffle and posture beligerantly or just whine about how we deserved it? It depends a lot on the POTUS in the chair.

I know that, if I were POTUS, (Yeah, I know, G_d help us all! ) there would be contingency plans in place and turning keys would be reflexive. But others (Carter <spit> for example) might NEVER turn the keys.
                        - Dennis
                        --
                        Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.
                        -Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Recently india proposed a global nuke disarmament.. and i think its time for that.
                          each country shud inspect each country voluntarily for any nuke and dismantle them all.
                          else there will be a risk of anything always.there is no way u can stay free having nuke powers, its bound to pass to another.

Comment

So this is about the seven nukes they supposedly already have smuggled in country, afterall. Michael Savage had the guy on recently, and I've heard on the radio a few years back. Personally I'm not particularly inclined to believe they have them, because I'd think they'd have used them already.

The potassium iodide thing strikes me as a red herring. From what I've been led to believe they're kind of like treating a concussion with a band-aid, more psychological then actually able to save your butt. They're apparently supposed to basically saturate your thyroid to avoid it taking in radioactive isotopes you may or may not breath in. It's better then nothing of course.

<.< >.> which is why I have a KI tablet in the first aid kit I always have on me.
                            Last edited by FOG3; 07 Oct 06,, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                              Recently india proposed a global nuke disarmament.. and i think its time for that.
                              each country shud inspect each country voluntarily for any nuke and dismantle them all.
                              else there will be a risk of anything always.there is no way u can stay free having nuke powers, its bound to pass to another.
                              That was just crazy speak. India should be worried about nuclear disarmament of Pakistan rather than the world. Who can control loose ex Soviet nukes scattered all across Central Asia?

In case there's any ambiguity, we'd fucck them* up real good.

Real good.

* Them being whatever state seems most likely to have funded/trained/aided the infiltrators.
                              Where did they train? Where did they get their nukes? Where are they from? Three guesses .. ;)
                              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X