• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whale Bomb

Thar she blows! Dead whale explodes
    Taiwanese street, shops showered after gases built up inside

MSNBC staff and news service reports
    Updated: 11:48 a.m. ET Jan. 29, 2004

TAIPEI - Residents of Tainan learned a lesson in whale biology after the decomposing remains of a 60-ton sperm whale exploded on a busy street, showering nearby cars and shops with blood and organs and stopping traffic for hours.

The 56-foot-long whale had been on a truck headed for a necropsy by researchers, when gases from internal decay caused its entrails to explode in the southern city of Tainan.

Residents and shop owners wore masks while trying to clean up the spilt blood and entrails.

"What a stinking mess. This blood and other stuff that blew out on the road is disgusting, and the smell is really awful," a BBC News report quoted one Tainan resident as saying.
    Taiwan Apple Daily via Reuters
    The sperm whale was being carried by truck through Tainan.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whale had died on Jan. 17 after it beached itself on the southwestern coast of the island.

Researchers at the National Cheng Kung University in Tainan said enough of the whale remained to allow for an examination by marine biologists.

Once moved to a nearby nature preserve, the male specimen -- the largest whale ever recorded in Taiwan -- drew the attention of locals because of its large penis, measured at some five feet, the Taipei Times reported.

"More than 100 Tainan city residents, mostly men, have reportedly gone to see the corpse to 'experience' the size of its penis," the newspaper reported.

Original Story
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

"More than 100 Tainan city residents, mostly men, have reportedly gone to see the corpse to 'experience' the size of its penis," the newspaper reported.
    :LOL
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

:doh! thats was bad :LOL :LOL

:D :D :sniper :taynk
      two wrongs dont make a right but three wrongs do. ;D

join my games site

Comment

Really funny though
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

isn't this topic on the A-10 site too?

join my games site

Comment

Yeah, that happens frequently...
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

i've been checking in frequently snipe said i would be reistated in 30 days that was on the 7th

join my games site

Comment

Originally posted by tomas
                isn't this topic on the A-10 site too?
                Yes, but I didn't notice it until today. ;)
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

well i can say one thing the buildings got a new paint job. splat! :LOL

join my games site

Comment

Working...
                  X