Bush/Giuliani in 2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush/Giuliani in 2004?

I just saw a report on the local news that says Bush will drop Cheney (citing health) from the 2004 ticket and replace him with former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani. This could be a huge deal for the election and change the way many people (including New York) vote.

Any thoughts?
    "Nothing in politics is more dangerous than believing what you wish; nothing is more fatal in a great crisis than the habit of closing one's eyes to the truth, and giving oneself up to Utopian illusions, from which there must sooner or later be a fearful awakening."
    ~Count Czernin, Austrian Foreign Minister, April 1917

The idea isn't new. I think there is considerable merit to it. Its all up to how the Vice President feels. Retirement may be looking pretty good to him right now. This would also raise another republican to prominance for future elections.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Cheney wouldn't be a good candidate for '08, but people are already bringing up Giuliani for it. If they can make him VP, he would be one step closer to getting that nod.

Plus, I think Giuliani's personality and status as a national hero will help Bush more than Cheney could. I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
      "Nothing in politics is more dangerous than believing what you wish; nothing is more fatal in a great crisis than the habit of closing one's eyes to the truth, and giving oneself up to Utopian illusions, from which there must sooner or later be a fearful awakening."
      ~Count Czernin, Austrian Foreign Minister, April 1917

Comment

The only problem is that Giuliani isn't really a Republican. He would be a hard sell to the republican base.

Comment

As a VP it wouldn't be an issue and as far as an 08 election well we have the current one to get through first and then every candidate will run on their own merits or lack thereof for the 08 election.

Comment

Working...
          X