Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Military Priorities

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/20/news...reut/index.htm

I see thay can act when they think they have to.

:Beer

Comment

LOL
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

We've had our Russian trolls in the past, but don't get me wrong, I personally would like to see a resurgent Russia, western-aligned, member of NATO.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Well if I was a Russian soldier stationed is Siberia I would be mighty interested in getting that beer too.

Ironman your idea of a stable western aligned Russia inside of NATO is comendable but getting to that point could take some doing.

Comment

If i was a Russian Squaddie i would do verything i could tog e the beer. Otherwise it is back to the anti-freeze from the helicopters.
            at

Comment

Hope the Russians get that beer....emagine how nicely it will go down...its already chilled nicely!!! Maybe too cold for Trooth though, I hear you brits like your beer room temperature.
              Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Russian Military priorities are:
                1) creating missiles, which could put into a coffin all countries, who will attack Russia;
                2) creating air defence rockets to protect russian sky;
                3) training special forces soldiers, who will fight agains terrorists.
                Mind - all this weapon will be used only for defence.

Comment

ERROR > 404 Page Not Found

The page you're looking for is not here.
                  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

The link was posted nearly a month ago.
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
                      Hope the Russians get that beer....emagine how nicely it will go down...its already chilled nicely!!! Maybe too cold for Trooth though, I hear you brits like your beer room temperature.
                      We like our bitter warm our lager cold and our women hot.
                      at

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
                        ERROR > 404 Page Not Found

The page you're looking for is not here.
                        We apologize for the inconvenience.
                        A follow up story... (Yay they rescued it!!!!) :)

Army deployed in beer rescue

MOSCOW, Russia --Russian troops have retrieved 10 tons of beer trapped under Siberian ice, the Itar-Tass news agency has reported.

The truck carrying the beer sank when trying to cross the frozen Irtysh river, near the Siberian city of Omsk, around 2,200 km (1,400 miles) from Moscow.

The driver and his partner managed to escape, leaving the beer-laden truck.

The rescue team of six divers, 10 workers and a modified T-72 tank from the Emergencies Ministry managed to save the load after a week-long operation.

They pulled the truck to an ice hole, opened the doors, and managed to pull out the kegs and bottles of beer.

But as they were ready to retrieve the truck, the rope tore, leaving the truck on the bottom of the river, deputy head of the Cherlak district administration Vasily Yatkovsky told Tass.

The Rosar brewery in Omsk, part of the Interbrew Belgian group, says it is ready to take the beer back.

With temperatures around minus 27 degrees Celsius (minus 17 degrees Fahrenheit) in the area, the brewery told Tass the beer was still in good condition.

Tass quoted the brewery as saying it will sell the beer as a rarity, but with a discount.

Original Story
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

So the squaddies don't get to keep it? I would like to be the brewery rep who turns up to collect it!
                          at

Comment

The British like their beer at room temperature, except the old 'Empire hands' who love beer Chilled. It is too hot in the Tropics to have beer otherwise, I presume.

I too like it at room temperature. Brings out the 'body' so to say.

Bodies are best savoured when hot!:D

How do the Germans like their beer? They guzzle quiet a lot. The Oktoberfest barmaids are seen balancing four huge tankards each as they move around to serve. Surely that could not be chilled.

Ich nehme bier gern.
                            Last edited by Ray; 19 Feb 04,, 03:28.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              The British like their beer at room temperature, except the old 'Empire hands' who love beer Chilled. It is too hot in the Tropics to have beer otherwise, I presume.

I too like it at room temperature. Brings out the 'body' so to say.

Bodies are best savoured when hot!:D

How do the Germans like their beer? They guzzle quiet a lot. The Oktoberfest barmaids are seen balancing four huge tankards each as they move around to serve. Surely that could not be chilled.

Ich nehme bier gern.
                              My only trip to a genuine German beerfest was short (i think) and i can't remember the temperature of the beer. This is due to them selling lots of beer, and me drinking huge amounts of free beer (the best tasting kind) courtesy of a very large software company.

The girls were nice, blimey they are strong carrying all that beer. They have a fierce grip. Ahem

Where was i? Oh yes. Well Germans like lager (this i remember from more sober trips) and that type of beer is chilled. Their alt(sp?) beer is served warm.
                              at

Comment

Working...
                              X