American vs. European Crime Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American vs. European Crime Rates

There is a widely perpitrated myth out there that the US has a higher crime rate then major Western European Nations. According to Interpol and the FBI this is not the fact.

Per 100,000
    * 4161 - US
    * 7736 - Germany
    * 6941 - France
    * 9927 - England and Wales

If you exclude blacks from the Murder Statistics the United States has a lower murder rate then Germany and France(I'm not infering that Black are inherantly evil, it has to do with welfare policies, racial seperatism, etc)

Well that is what happens when you allow the social fiber of the culture to go down. You get more and more crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
      Well that is what happens when you allow the social fiber of the culture to go down. You get more and more crime.
      Which is what is happening to us with the illegal immigrants refusing to assilimate into our culture. Ive known for a while now that France (like much of Western Europe in recent years) has a serious growing internal security issue

Comment

Re: American vs. European Crime Rates

Originally posted by Praxus
        If you exclude blacks from the Murder Statistics the United States has a lower murder rate then Germany and France(I'm not infering that Black are inherantly evil, it has to do with welfare policies, racial seperatism, etc)
        Er.. Go on, i'll bite. How is excluding blacks :-

a) statistically realistic?
        b) not having a racial undercurrent, unless you are saying that all black people murder or are murdered under some sort of control, pressure or something from other ethnic groups?
        at

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
          What do you mean by "social fiber" ?
          at

Comment

Re: Re: American vs. European Crime Rates

Originally posted by Trooth

b) not having a racial undercurrent, unless you are saying that all black people murder or are murdered under some sort of control, pressure or something from other ethnic groups?
            a) If the statistic he's looking for excludes blacks then as long as he states that it excludes blacks it is 100% statisticly realistic.
            b) He allready qualified it, "it has to do with welfare policies, racial seperatism, etc".
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

The Crimerate I posted is the overall crimerate in the US and thoose countries, it excludes no one.

I excluded them only for the Murder rate because it distorts the figure, because blacks(mostly inner city blacks) commit 7 times more murders per capita then the other 87% of country.

They commit 24 murders per 100,000 were the rest of the country only commits 3.4 murders per 100,000.

Last edited by Praxus; 25 Jan 04,, 15:03.

Comment

I have no issue with the fact that one statistical grouping can imbalance others. But are you saying that are not US citizens because they commit more murders?

My point is that i don't see how you can reasonly remove a section fo the population and make any judgements about the population By that token you could add in some other group (i don't know from Lichenstein) because they have a similar murder rate to your perceived National Average.
                at

Comment

What do you mean by "social fiber" ?
                  morality

Comment

I have no issue with the fact that one statistical grouping can imbalance others. But are you saying that are not US citizens because they commit more murders?

My point is that i don't see how you can reasonly remove a section fo the population and make any judgements about the population By that token you could add in some other group (i don't know from Lichenstein) because they have a similar murder rate to your perceived National Average.
                    The Black community has two serious problems that are resulting to that kind of murder rate that is not present elsewhere. One: the black leadership continually blames everyone else for their problems and refuses to address the internal problems of their community. Two: the something like 75% of children are born out of wedlock. This causes the cycle of poverty and violence to continue.

Comment

I agree Leader, espically with people like Al Sharpton, Louie Farrankan, Jamil Abdullah Al Amin (H Rap Brown)

Comment

87% of this country has a murder rate of 3.4 per 100,000. I don't know how you can reasonably include the 24 per 100,000 murder rate that 13% of our population has. On top of that over 95% of crimes commited by blacks are against blacks. Casting this high murder rate over all sections of american society is irrational at best.

Comment

Well "you can't choose your relatives", or indeed your fellow citizens. But which is more irrational, deriving a national figure based on 100% of a population, or deriving a quasi national figure based on 87% that meet a "required" average?

By omitting the 13% you are distorting the figures to arrive at a pre-determined goal, rendering the analysis meaningless and depending on your motives for doing so, some would say prejudicial against the race you are profiling.

From what i see you are proposing :-

The crime rate figures in the US would be a lot lower if black people were not classed as US citizens.

Your 13% generalisation also assumes that all black people commit crime to the same level. In actual fact that number will be a lot lower. If you wanted to distort the figures further you could easily do it and come up with analysis that says:-

"Out of a survey of the population of the US that has never been involved in a crime we found that there was zero crimes per 100,000 head of the population giving the lowest crime figures in any country since a snake convinced a member of the public to eat a stolen apple".
                          at

Comment

The fact is that Blacks commit 7 times more murder per capita then the rest of America. This is an undeniable fact, it is not Racism.

Europeans like to cast Americans as a bunch of people that are commiting huge ammounts of crimes because we have "loose" gun laws, etc. These distortions are just not true. The minority with the least gun ownership per capita has the highest murder rate!

The fact is most blacks are good people, but a sizeable minority of them commit a dispoportionate ammount of crime.

Comment

That is the problem with averages. If you look at the UK heart disease figures they are "distorted" by the high figures from Scotland. However the UK government and the NHS has to solve the problem, both of which are nationwide institutions that have to deal with national figures.

If you are a wrapped in the cross of St George you might want to produce an England figure, to "look better" but what exactly does it achieve? So English hearts look a bit healthier than Scotland's. Big whoop. Achieves nothing other than being divisive.

So, whilst it might "look better" to have a lower average in the US, what would it achieve?
                              at

Comment

Working...
                              X