A New Confederacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Confederacy

Any Civil War buffs out there? At the start of the Civil War the Confederates were predicted to win since they had West Point, and maybe Fort Benning.

If this one goes that far...anyone think Titan Towers (WWE HQ) would have much of an impact? :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Vamoose Vermont
    CHARLOTTE, Vt. - Vermont may no longer be part of the United States if
    a small group of citizens has its way. The Second Vermont Republic is
    attempting to get the state's 600,000 residents to agree to secession
    to avoid what leader Thomas Naylor calls "imperial overstretch" and
    "corporate homogenization." Naylor says that the state is a rural area
    that has nothing in common with large cities such as Chicago or Los
    Angeles. He believes that separating from the Union is the only way to
    be sure the "Green Mountain State" stays green. Naylor hopes the
    secession will be non-violent and insists that his goal is just to
    free Vermont from the other 49 states. The Second Vermont Republic
    only has a few hundred members at the moment but Naylor is sure that
    his plan will be successful. He is also hoping to convince New
    Hampshire, Maine and Quebec to join them in forming a new country.

Doesn't Texas try this all the time also?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Texas is full of Rednecks(except for the southern part where all the Mexicans are), they wouldn't vote to succeed, in fact they would go to Vermont and personally kill each liberal bastard.

Comment

They want Quebec to join them? LOL, if they think the United States is dragging them down, then they will hate Quebec. They will be paying for their welfare checks after 2 minutes because Quebec will threaten to suceed.

Comment

Vermont and Maine are full of frogs. :)
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Thomas Naylor can secede if he likes, but the land stays part of the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
              Texas is full of Rednecks
              you might want to qualify that Praxus, last time I looked my neck wasn't red. :taynk
              Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

None of the Confederates I know will be joining this new confederacy.

Originally posted by Stinger
                you might want to qualify that Praxus, last time I looked my neck wasn't red. :taynk
                That assumes that being a redneck is a bad thing. I'm 1/2 redneck, on my father's side, and 1/2 hillbilly, on my mother's side, and I'm proud of my heritage.
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Re: A New Confederacy

Originally posted by Lunatock
                  CHARLOTTE, Vt. - Vermont may no longer be part of the United States if
                  a small group of citizens has its way. The Second Vermont Republic is
                  attempting to get the state's 600,000 residents to agree to secession
                  to avoid what leader Thomas Naylor calls "imperial overstretch" and
                  "corporate homogenization." Naylor says that the state is a rural area
                  that has nothing in common with large cities such as Chicago or Los
                  Angeles. He believes that separating from the Union is the only way to
                  be sure the "Green Mountain State" stays green. Naylor hopes the
                  secession will be non-violent and insists that his goal is just to
                  free Vermont from the other 49 states. The Second Vermont Republic
                  only has a few hundred members at the moment but Naylor is sure that
                  his plan will be successful. He is also hoping to convince New
                  Hampshire, Maine and Quebec to join them in forming a new country.
                  That's fine with me. Just as long as they seal all there borders so that none of the liberals can get out.

Comment

That would probably happen regardless. As liberal as New York State is...Pennsylvania would probably be an immovable object should a second Civil War break out.

And if we didn't fall to Reb's...then what kind of chance would Democrats have?

Comment

Working...
                    X