Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite War Movies?

My all time favorites:

Platoon, Zulu, Full Metal Jacket, Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the Gates.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Enemy At the Gates, Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, The Lost Battalion.

Comment

Hmm.... I don't think I've seen the Lost Battalion? When was it produced, and what war is it about?

Comment

Well, obviously I enjoyed all of the ones previously stated, although IMHO, Enemy at the Gates was a little overdone at times, it was still a very good movie. I'd like to add Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers, Das Boot, and, oh, what the hell...I'll throw in a classic..either Midway or the Longest Day. Also, I just went and saw Cold Mountain tonight...very well done film...although its not really a war film, it has some spots that I feel captures the essence of the Civil War very well.

Comment

The Lost Battalion was an A & E Movie. Think it was first aired in 2002. It's about WW1.

I'd also like to mention part of one. The Hunted, staring Tommy Lee Jones & Benecio Del Toro.

The beginning of the movie, with the Spec Ops group on a mission to kill a Serb Commander in the middle of an Albanian village being slaughtered.

Best part of the film. Despite most of what was happening.

Comment

In Harms Way, Gods and Generals, Gettysburg(the Killer Angels).
            Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

They should just call God's and General, Shitty Movie. That movie was a bomb, it was 3 hours of praying to God and people trying to make profound speeches.

Gettysburg was good though.

Comment

Saving Private Ryan for its realism and riviting story line, The Thin Red Line for its portrayal of the charactors feelings, and Black Hawk Down because ..hey it was awesome!
                Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Anybody here ever seen Hamburger Hill?

Comment

I liked Windtalkers. I also love Hunt for Red October, but I don't know if that qualifies as a war movie. Behind Enemy lines is also ok, even though it features the plastic bug.

:taynk :zf14 :taynk :zf14 :taynk :zf14 :taynk :zf14 :taynk :zf14 :taynk :zf14 :taynk :zf14
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                      They should just call God's and General, Shitty Movie. That movie was a bomb, it was 3 hours of praying to God and people trying to make profound speeches.

Gettysburg was good though.
                      different people different tastes i suppose. I enjoyed it because the actor (stephen Lang?)nailed a lot of Gen Jacksons characteristics, I also thought Duvall portrayed a much better Lee.
                      Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

I liked that movie "The Big Red One". It was a bit cheap, and the special effects weren't great, but there were some great lines in that flick. My fav has to be when they come to shore on the beach guarded by French troops kept in check by a few Vichy. The French tried to surrender but were told something like, "We don't accept your surrender. If you are Vichy, fight us.... If you are French men join us."
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I've seen Hamburger Hill...it was a very good movie....I haven't watched it again though in ages...I'll have to look for it!
                          Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Saving Private Ryan, The Beast, Conspiracy (although it was more of a Holocaust movie), Full Metal Jacket, We Were Soldiers, Das Boot, Black Hawk Down...geez, did I miss any?
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I have to agree with the comments on "Gods and Generals", my dad actually liked it :O, I hated it for teh above reasons as well, plus the battle scences took the look of a re-enactment, not like Gettysburg. "Hambburger Hill" was a bit gross (too much sex and the part when the VC officer's head exploded like a melon). "The Big Red One" is one of my favorites, I like the part where they attack the German SPG, "Zulu", "Saving Private Ryan", "We Were Soldiers" and "The Longest Day" are also pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X