Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 dead, 11 wounded in Montreal College shooting

click

One gunmen has been gunned down by SWAT teams, a second shooter is believed to still be hiding out in the college. The shooters are descbribed to be "gothic" with black trenchcoats, black boots and mowhawks.

Erm, i thought these sorts of weapons were illegal in Canada?

From the Article:

"And when you have 20 police running at you with guns you really know that your life is in danger."

Aint that the truth...
    Last edited by Bill; 14 Sep 06,, 00:11.

Comment

All it said was a "really big rifle" and that they fired multiple shots without reloading. Anybody know exactly what it was?
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

CTV news reported a witness stated that it was a big laser gun or a SWAT gun. Whatever that means.

Comment

It means the nugget they asked had no clue.

Comment

It means the gun was banned.

HOW was that man able to acquire a banned weapon?

Doesn't he know it was BANNED?!?!?!!?

I am feeling mighty indignant that a criminal would ignore a law that outrightly bans the possession of such arms, even by law abiding citizens. What was he thinking? Very uncivilized behaviour i say. That lad needs anger management and tolerance classes. And a great big leftist group hug while we all sing Kum-By-Ah and hold hands.

In the mean time, we will ban the ammunition the weapon used too.

Comment

My prayers for the victims, their family, and friends,,,
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Good point....yes, me too.

My deepest condolences to the victims. :(

Comment

Yeah, I think we initially missed the point. My prayers for the victims and their families.
                  "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

ok so now that the facts are in.

2 people are dead, one 19 year old woman is dead, along with the shooter who was shot down by the police.

19 people are injured and 8 are in critical condition, with various wounds to the Head, Chest, Abdomen, and limbs.

I can hear it now...the left will use this as a reason to keep the long gun regestry alive. Problem is that the shooter had three weapons. Two semi-automatic weapons and a pistol. Semi-automatic weapons are illegal without special permits, pistols are also illegal without a liscence. So these weapons were illegal, so they have no relevance to the long gun regestry...which SHOULD be scrapped.

Comment

Was he screaming "Allah'u Akhbar!" while he murdered?

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
                        Semi-automatic weapons are illegal without special permits, pistols are also illegal without a liscence. So these weapons were illegal, so they have no relevance to the long gun regestry...which SHOULD be scrapped.
                        Hold it right there. Those are completely incorrect. Semi-auto weapons are complete legal. Assualt weapons are not ... which are listed by model types. Semi-auto AK-47s are illegal but Type-59s (Chinese semi-autos AK-47s with a thumb hole instead of a pistol grip) are not.

Pistols require a registry ... and has been the case for a very long time.

The question is are these legal weapons obtained through legal means and registered with the proper authorities ... or are these black market illegal weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Hold it right there. Those are completely incorrect. Semi-auto weapons are complete legal. Assualt weapons are not ... which are listed by model types. Semi-auto AK-47s are illegal but Type-59s (Chinese semi-autos AK-47s with a thumb hole instead of a pistol grip) are not.

Pistols require a registry ... and has been the case for a very long time.

The question is are these legal weapons obtained through legal means and registered with the proper authorities ... or are these black market illegal weapons?
                          I'm willing to bet legally aquired weapons but not his own. Gun control is stupid anyway as I can go home to Surrey and get a gun in a day for 50 bucks and I was once offered a nice stolen chrome barreta shotgun for the low price of 250 CDN. I didn't buy it as I'm not the buy illegal stolen weaponry type.
                          Originally posted by GVChamp
                          College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

click

This dude called himself the "angel of death"

The weapon he had was a Cx4 Beretta Storm carbine.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Any idea on the motive?

Very sad incident but banning guns will not solve this problem. Lets say that my neighbor got hit by a car, do we then go and ban all cars or whatever type of car hit him/her? No thats silly, same story with guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X