Mini THL - Babette Ruth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini THL - Babette Ruth?

My little one asked and asked to play baseball. Since she is so girly and all princessy and Barbie-ish, I never paid her much attention.

Well, she starts tomorrow and she is SO excited!! It is all she has talked about for weeks since I signed her up. She has got, however, her pink baseball bat with flowers and "Girls Rule" on the side of it and her pink baseball glove. We could not find a pink baseball, much to her dismay.

Co-ed 4 year olds with metal baseball bats - someone's getting hurt out there.

:)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

We want pictures.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      We want pictures.
      Believe me dude, it'll be the same as those pictures of THL's little Mini-Me manning one of the waist 50's on that Flying Fort (or was it the Liberator?):

A cute little girly-girl behind a heavy machine gun wanting to know if she can shoot that plane over there.

Pretty much the same thing.

Just no airplanes.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Believe me dude, it'll be the same as those pictures of THL's little Mini-Me manning one of the waist 50's on that Flying Fort (or was it the Liberator?):

A cute little girly-girl behind a heavy machine gun wanting to know if she can shoot that plane over there.

Pretty much the same thing.

Just no airplanes.
        I am just hoping when someone gets hurt, she is not at either end of the bat that does it
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Good God, woman, my #1 Daughter plays ice hockey ... and she already went to the penalty box 5 times last year for roughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Good God, woman, my #1 Daughter plays ice hockey ... and she already went to the penalty box 5 times last year for roughing.
            Yes, but I have already had to deal with her giving some boy a black eye at daycare (he did deserve it though) and so I am hoping there are no conflicts. After all, this is baseball...not hockey.

Comment

Well here it is. Fall training. There are 6 kids on Kenzie's mini baseball team...two girls. There is a boy that is about her height, but those two tower over all the other kids - it was pretty funny to see the kids...until the pileup. Two of the kids started crying and over all that ruckus Kenzie was heard saying, "Well that's just great! Why are they crying? Stop crying and get a band aid. For crying out loud!!"

That's my girl - full of empathy.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by THL; 09 Sep 06,, 23:32.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal View Post
                Kenzie was heard saying, "Well that's just great! Why are they crying? Stop crying and get a band aid. For crying out loud!!"
                Now why does that sound so suspiciously familiar?
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

She looks cute THL. Give her hugs for us! ;)
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Cute kid, the pics look funny too:)
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Your daughter looks like a bad ass...I'd hate to be the kid that made the mistake of asking her for her lunch money. Yikes!

Comment

Excellent you must be proud.
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

THL, I found pink batter's helmet at a local sporting goods store. :)

Comment

Canadians...even your women are mean.

I haven't seen the inside of a penalty box for almost 2 years now. Maybe I am good at playing dirty rather than rough.

Comment

My daughter is 12 and plays softball -- she has been playing since she was 5 and can play any position. Last year she played catcher, this year, she is fast-pitching.

Her hobby is skating....she has been skating every Friday nite since she was 5 years old.....but no more. This past Friday night she got booted and banned. A 12-year old boy pushed her friend down, and my daughter grabbed the boy, threw him down, and began....[the security guard said] wailing on him. The security guard told me he had to physically pull her off of him.

She is only 12 years old, 5'5, 135 pds......and she acts like she is my mother. She is bigger than me and it's scary sometimes.....but I love nothing more than watching her play ball.
                              Last edited by Julie; 11 Sep 06,, 20:02.

Comment

Working...
                              X