Back from Blues'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Blues'

Just got back from another enjoyable weekend at Bluesman's pad. :)

Confed arrived on Saturday and we all watched The Final Countdown and Without A Clue.

Later, Bluesman's 2 daughters handed me a somewhat narrow defeat at Trivial Pursuit.

All in all, a terrific time and a big Thank You to Bluesman and Family :)
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Hey, it was cool hosting you again, buddy. Thanks for making the trip and thanks for being cool with a boring weekend. Usually, my closet doesn't fall apart*, and I'm MUCH more agreeable to doing fun stuff. Too much on my mind this time to really cut loose, and I appreciate that you didn't have the rip-tear of a time I had planned on. House-guests like you are easy to host, and I hope the steak was decent.

* My closet shelving decided to let go of the wall Friday night after Hatter got here. Oh, I not assigning blame or anything...but it was okay for the last five years. Seriously, we're ALMOST back to a state of disordered confusion that the house normally is found in, from the precipice of chaotic entropy that we almost entered.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
      Just got back from another enjoyable weekend at Bluesman's pad. :)

Confed arrived on Saturday and we all watched The Final Countdown and Without A Clue.

Later, Bluesman's 2 daughters handed me a somewhat narrow defeat at Trivial Pursuit.

All in all, a terrific time and a big Thank You to Bluesman and Family :)
      Final countdown. Pffft...that movie pisses me off. I want a directors cut where the Zeros get whacked en mass by the Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
        Final countdown. Pffft...that movie pisses me off. I want a directors cut where the Zeros get whacked en mass by the Cats.
        Lt. Bluesman is of the same opinion, and militantly so. She's still not over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
          Lt. Bluesman is of the same opinion, and militantly so. She's still not over it.
          Yes, she was quite upset that she had sat through that movie only to be deprived of the complete destruction of the Japanese at the last moment.
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

My attitude exactly when i saw it in the theater as a wee boy.

Went and saw it with my dad(an ex sailor) at the theater, and we both complained the whole way home in the car that the Tomcats didnt say "EFF THE WORMHOLE!" and stay and fight.

LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
              House-guests like you are easy to host, and I hope the steak was decent..
              Glad to hear that (and I guess you didn't notice how much rum was missing) and that steak was terrific!
              I also polished off those sausages this morning.

The Blues family was their usual gracious and entertaining selves. No matter what happens, it's always a delight to spend time with them.

And occasionally you hear a godawful crash coming from the Blues boudoir.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Was a cool movie..havent seen it in years though.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                X