Pluto is no longer a planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pluto is no longer a planet

The IAU stripped Pluto of its planetary status yesterday at its conference in Prague.

Pluto

Good! We didn't need that little piss-ant wannabe in our little club anyway.

F*ckin pluto anyway, biggest leach of the Solar System. Hasn't contributed a damn thing.

Good Riddance, Pluto, you f*ckin ASTEROID!

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

F*CK!! This is why I always hated geography as a subject in school. Always knew it was wrong.
      If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

Well, you can still call it a "dwarf planet".
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601
          The IAU stripped Pluto of its planetary status yesterday at its conference in Prague.

Pluto

But he is still a dog. Right???

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601

Pluto
            The gayest move ever.

Originally posted by ab041937
            F*CK!! This is why I always hated geography as a subject in school. Always knew it was wrong.
            Um, geography?

LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by ab041937
              but are the planets part of geography? i remember (way back when) making maps of countries, but i never had to make a map of a planet. i thought they were taught in science class.
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                Well, you can still call it a "dwarf planet".
                They are not "dwarfs" - the politically correct term is now "little person" (I googled it) and so it would be a "little planet".

Get with the program TH
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Fucck that program miss.

PC is as stupid as demoting planets.

Comment

Earlier we learned the planet names by rymes
                    Then - "My very educated mother just showed us nine planets".....
                    Now - "My very educated mother just showed us nothing or said nothing" :)
                    Last edited by lemontree; 25 Aug 06,, 11:00.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                      Earlier we learned the planet names by rymes
                      Then - "My very educated mother just showed me nine planets".....
                      Now - "My very educated mother just showed me nothing or said nothing" :)
                      Okay, I bite. What planet is associated with "me"? Is there a new name for Uranus as well?
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      ("Let's talk about ME!"--lyrics, (wtte), Tobey Keith)

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard
                        Okay, I bite. What planet is associated with "me"? Is there a new name for Uranus as well?
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        Oops, my mistake, it should have been "us" and not "me". I'll correct it.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Well, we didnt owe Pluto anything anyway... I mean, what have the Plutonians ever done for us??

Comment

Originally posted by PubFather
                            Well, we didnt owe Pluto anything anyway... I mean, what have the Plutonians ever done for us??
                            They waved good bye as our deep space probes left the solar system.
                            -------------------------------------------------
                            ("The Earthlings are very much like us only they don't wear any clothes."--Two Juptians examining the message plaque of a crashed Pioneer spacecraft, (w,stte), editorial cartoon of time)

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                              but are the planets part of geography? i remember (way back when) making maps of countries, but i never had to make a map of a planet. i thought they were taught in science class.
                              Early description of Solar System was included in the geography textbooks and with the common exam.
                              If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

Working...
                              X