PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Change Course Of a Country ?

dbereal
22 Aug 06,, 09:02
I am putting up a very general question to all the ppl in the forum who can discuss and give their valuable viewpoint without their emotions cloudoing their thinking ability .

Question: What is the Easiest way to change the course of a Country ?

( By course i mean : the direction a particular country is heading into)
( By Easy i mean: compared to the cost in terms of Time, human, any other resourse required)

Options :

1) WAR
2) Revolution
3) Terrorism
4) Diplomacy
5) Any other pls name...

Bluesman
22 Aug 06,, 09:10
Dude, you voted for the WORST way to change the course of a county.

By 'Other', you can read 'Diplomacy', 'Economic Prosperity', or anything other than the three AWFUL choices you've listed. I grant you that those may not be desirable for one reason or another, but the three alternatives to 'Other' are always bad choices.

Not sure what your poll is meant to determine, but it sure helps me make up my mind about YOU.

dbereal
22 Aug 06,, 10:22

By 'Other', you can read 'Diplomacy', 'Economic Prosperity', or anything other than the three AWFUL choices you've listed. I grant you that those may not be desirable for one reason or another, but the three alternatives to 'Other' are always bad choices.

Not sure what your poll is meant to determine, but it sure helps me make up my mind about YOU.

taking ur suggestion i am editing the question.
Insted of Best i have changed it to Easiest. & added diplomacy as a choice; can any body help me to change the poll also..

lemontree
22 Aug 06,, 12:41
Options :

1) WAR
2) Revolution
3) Terrorism
4) Diplomacy
5) Any other pls name...
Elections - its faster than all the above methods.

bull
22 Aug 06,, 13:22

That wud my choice.

terrorism,war,revolution are all bros and sis of each other.

Tronic
22 Aug 06,, 18:37
elections...

dbereal
23 Aug 06,, 07:35
elections...

are elections the easiest way to change the course of a country ?

elections is one of the ways but not the easiest

( By Easy i mean: compared to the cost in terms of Time, human, any other resourse required)

dbereal
23 Aug 06,, 07:36
Elections - its faster than all the above methods.

Elections is the fastest i agree.... but is it the easiest

dbereal
23 Aug 06,, 07:38
That wud my choice.

terrorism,war,revolution are all bros and sis of each other.

how is war / terrorism / revolution R bros and sis of each other ?

lemontree
23 Aug 06,, 08:39
Elections is the fastest i agree.... but is it the easiest
Yes it is, fastest and easiest. We changed govt. in Indian states and the nation as a whole. Revolutions bring nothing but misery for the people. See Punjab, terrorism was squashed, the ballot not the bullet brought about revolution. The north-east has their revolution/ insurgency going on since 1956, its turned into a money making factory thats all. The only type of revolution that works is when it is against a foreign occupying power.

What you are suggesting is the communist/ Maoist doctrine of "Power flows from the barrel of the gun".

Parihaka
23 Aug 06,, 08:58
economy

dbereal
23 Aug 06,, 10:48
Yes it is, fastest and easiest. We changed govt. in Indian states and the nation as a whole. ........
What you are suggesting is the communist/ Maoist doctrine of "Power flows from the barrel of the gun".

1) Does change of govt equals to change in the cource of a country ,, i think not... Lallo comes or nitish... or amma... or umma .... what change has happend ?

2) I am not suggesting anything i am just asking a question and trying to gain more knowledge about the subject so i can make my opinion...

dbereal
23 Aug 06,, 10:50
economy

i think change due to economic upliftment is not th easiest thing...
question relates to easiest..

dbereal
23 Aug 06,, 13:00
See Punjab, terrorism was squashed, the ballot not the bullet brought about revolution.

first terrorism was stopped by bullet then only ballot happened...

Tronic
23 Aug 06,, 17:57
not only the bullet... when people realize that the ballot is always there, they drop their weapons and head for the ballot... since the bullet has always brought on great misery and bloodshed...

Ray
23 Aug 06,, 21:06
By the Indian experience, I would say elections.

lemontree
24 Aug 06,, 06:04
first terrorism was stopped by bullet then only ballot happened...
You are turning it upside down. The terrorist/revolutionaries used the bullet first but that did not bring change.

dbereal
24 Aug 06,, 06:37
not only the bullet... when people realize that the ballot is always there, they drop their weapons and head for the ballot... since the bullet has always brought on great misery and bloodshed...

i agree bullet has always brought on great misery and bloodshed...

but would like to rephrase the first sentence...

when ppl realised that they are loosing their near and dear ones and their normal daily life is getting effected they stopped supporting these militants ..... once militants lost support .... our security forces were ready for themm...

dbereal
24 Aug 06,, 06:41
You are turning it upside down. The terrorist/revolutionaries used the bullet first but that did not bring change.

I am just trying to get my thoughts clear....

The terrorist/revolutionaries used the bullet first but that did not bring change. But because of the misery bought by bullet... when ballot came ppl were ready and demanded a change... otherwise politicians would have never let the change happen...

Tronic
24 Aug 06,, 08:16
I am just trying to get my thoughts clear....

The terrorist/revolutionaries used the bullet first but that did not bring change. But because of the misery bought by bullet... when ballot came ppl were ready and demanded a change... otherwise politicians would have never let the change happen...
a strong majority and approval ratings can make the politicians do wonders... bullets are not the answer... politicians will not listen to bullets but they will listen to ballots....

and you have got it all wrong... the ballot is not the result of the bullet... the ballot is always there... regardles of the bullet...

dbereal
24 Aug 06,, 10:27
a strong majority and approval ratings can make the politicians do wonders... bullets are not the answer... politicians will not listen to bullets but they will listen to ballots....

and you have got it all wrong... the ballot is not the result of the bullet... the ballot is always there... regardles of the bullet...

my statement was not a general statement it was only in the context of the example you have given ... (Punjab militancy)

I do agree ballot is always there... regardles of the bullet.

gunnut
23 Jan 07,, 19:45
I voted other.

I prefer capitalism, even over democracy. Democracy may not result in capitalism. But capitalism will surely result in democracy. People vote with their wallets.

sappersgt
23 Jan 07,, 21:35
Any means other than war, revolution and terrorism. War in it's various forms is hideously expensive in money and life. If you spent that money trying to change the country peacefully you'd see a lot better results. Anytime you can get a peaceful negotiation or compromise it's usually better for everyone.

Archer
07 Feb 07,, 05:06
Practically, war is the best way to change the course of a country.

India, 1947 super peacenik, basking in the glow of Gandhi, its elite falling over themselves over the power of non violence, despite the violence of partition.

1948, Indo-Kashmir war. Oh !@#$, we need an Army.

1962, Chinese hammer India. Oh, !@#$ they launched a war

1965, Pakistan starts a war, Oh !@#$, seems that we need to actually pay attention to defence.

..result, 1971

till 1999, peacekeeping ops, and terrorism, the Indian elite forget defence modernisation.

In 1999, Kargil. Oh !@#$, we need to support the defence services.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aviator
07 Feb 07,, 16:41
My answer : Education + Good leader.