What is your favourite war/historical or auto/bio book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourite war/historical or auto/bio book

This is my first thread on this site at the moment i am reading "Panzer commander" by Hans Von Luck this book is a excellant read if you love exploits of Rommel and Afrika armee and takes you though the start of the Polish campaign all the way through to April 1945 its pacted full of action its well writen very easy to read and shows a little piece of history from personal point of view if you haven't read it i would recomend you find it i don't have the link but type in Hans Von Luck you would get . I was suprised about my perception towards ww2 and that people had lives back then in amongst the chaos . If anyone has read it i would like to know your views about it good or bad :) :) :) Also whats your favourite book current or past :) :) :)

RADM Eugene B Fluckey's Thunder Below has always been a favorite of mine.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I don't have a single favorite, but it's hard to beat "Band of Brothers." It's an easy read and inspiring too.

Comment

Panzer Commander was excellent.

Let's see...

The Forgotten Soldier
        Marine Sniper
        Blood Red Snow
        Sniper on the Eastern Front
        The Blonde Knight of Germany
        SS Panzergrenadier
        Dead Center
        Soldat

Just to name a few...
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Unit Pride -- read back in the '80s

Comment

Book review

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
            Panzer Commander was excellent.

Let's see...

The Forgotten Soldier
            Marine Sniper
            Blood Red Snow
            Sniper on the Eastern Front
            The Blonde Knight of Germany
            SS Panzergrenadier
            Dead Center
            Soldat

Just to name a few...
            Five out of eight...not bad. :) How was "Sniper on the Eastern Front"?
            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

One of my favorites. It pulls no punches, isn't terribly long, and it describes in very gritty detail the horrors of the Eastern Front. In some ways it puts even The Forgotten Soldier to shame. I especially liked it. I'd recommend it to anybody.
              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

One of my favorites is A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan. Great history, great story, great writing.
                I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                X