Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Shows That Muslim Extremists In Britain Are A Minority

7/7 bombings 'justified' say a quarter of British Muslims
    ALMOST a quarter of British Muslims say the 7/7 bombings can be justified because of the Government's support for the war on terror, according to an opinion poll.

And nearly half of those polled, or 45 per cent, believe the 9/11 attacks on New York were a conspiracy between the United States and Israel. The survey, for a Channel 4 Dispatches documentary to be screened tonight, found Muslims under 24 were twice as likely to justify the 7/7 attacks as those aged over 45. It found 24 per cent either agreed or tended to agree that the 7/7 bombings were justified, although 48 per cent said they "strongly disagreed".

A third of those questioned said they would rather live under Sharia law in the UK than British law.

The survey also reveals concerns among Muslims about Britain's moral standards, with 40 per cent saying it is a country of bad moral behaviour.
    http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1145782006
    Muslim extremists are a minority it seems.

A disturbingly large minority, it seems to me. Although I wonder how many Muslim women would say they prefer Sharia law if they were not under such strict male control.
    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabru47
      Wow, muslim extremists are only a few percentage points away from being mainstream. When that happens, we will have to revise our view of the "silent majority" of good muslim people. And then it's open season on "mainstream muslims."

Is that what you want to see?
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

It appears the Britain is being visited with the problems that India faces in so far as the demands being made i.e. foreign policy, riots, terrorism and Sharia!

Well, one thing that is not common is that the British govt does not subsidise the Haj trip, which the Indian govt does. India is real secular since non Moslem tax payers' money also contributes to the salvation of their Moslem brethren!
        Last edited by Ray; 17 Aug 06,, 06:48.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I can't tell if your being sarcrastic gunnut.

Comment

I can't tell if your being sarcrastic gunnut.
            Most people can't.

Comment

Not only are muslim extremists in a minority, but they are, compared to the rest of the citizens of the UK, a tiny minority, i feel that the problems are not so much the numbers, but the mindset, extremists, and i am not just narrowing it down to muslims, are always a difficult thing to tackle, how do you combat pure belief and faith, whether it is in a diety, prophet, god or cause?

Muslims though are the easiest target for the press and media, in the week where a man, admitted offences relating to making and intending to use explosive equiptment, in the UK, in the name of animal rights, is called a militant, and the case barely making news, we have people going into rants of Sharoa law and the fears it brings, completely forgetting that muslims are not a majority group in the UK, and i havent met a person yet who doesn't want to change the law in a way to suit them.
              Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what you think it is you want to hear.

Alan Corenk

Comment

45% is some minority dude.

Wow....not even I thought it was THIS bad.

Yep, there's a global blood bath a-comin' folks.

Comment

Anyone good at statistics?

As far as i can see, there are almost 60 million people in the UK, with an estimated 2 million of those being muslim, and then 45% of those muslims, apparently having issues with the government, terrorism etc... Hardly the stuff revolutions are made of here is it? And bearing in mind that the report also says that 40% of muslims think that the UK is a country of bad moral behaviour, reckon they would have that in common with about 90% of people over 55.

And this is my point, it is all spun to make things appear a certain way.
                  Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what you think it is you want to hear.

Alan Corenk

Comment

Originally posted by Jessy
                    Not only are muslim extremists in a minority, but they are, compared to the rest of the citizens of the UK, a tiny minority, i feel that the problems are not so much the numbers, but the mindset, extremists, and i am not just narrowing it down to muslims, are always a difficult thing to tackle, how do you combat pure belief and faith, whether it is in a diety, prophet, god or cause?

Muslims though are the easiest target for the press and media, in the week where a man, admitted offences relating to making and intending to use explosive equiptment, in the UK, in the name of animal rights, is called a militant, and the case barely making news, we have people going into rants of Sharoa law and the fears it brings, completely forgetting that muslims are not a majority group in the UK, and i havent met a person yet who doesn't want to change the law in a way to suit them.
                    If you're that blind, well, nothing we do can help. I wish you the best in co-existing with the tiny minority of people who believe 7/7 bombing was justified and 9/11 was a US conspiracy.

Comment

So i am blind for putting things in perspective? In that case i hope that i never see. I don't approve of any type of extremism, but it seems to me that having suspicions over motivation and holding opinions that are not the norm are not forms of terrorism, and the small amount of people that do so, are not over-running the country. In my humble opinion anyway.

Alan Corenk

Comment

Originally posted by Jessy
                        Anyone good at statistics?

As far as i can see, there are almost 60 million people in the UK, with an estimated 2 million of those being muslim, and then 45% of those muslims, apparently having issues with the government, terrorism etc... Hardly the stuff revolutions are made of here is it? And bearing in mind that the report also says that 40% of muslims think that the UK is a country of bad moral behaviour, reckon they would have that in common with about 90% of people over 55.

And this is my point, it is all spun to make things appear a certain way.
                        Clearly you cannot add.

Tell me, what is 45% of 2,000,000?

Yep, that's NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND TERRORISTS/EXTREMISTS LIVING IN THE UK RIGHT NOW.(That's um, more than 3x larger than your entire military)

And they're breeding at a rate much faster than the UK majority non-muslims.

Better hope the Muslims never sieze a majority, or you may get your own Darfur up close and personal.
                        Last edited by Bill; 21 Aug 06,, 23:15.

Comment

Somehow, i am not overly concerned at the thought of 900,000 muslims marching on Bond Street, compared to the 56 million other people living here. And i would guess that this survery, is representative of the people that it polled, rather than them actually interviewing every muslim in the country, and i don't think you will find any rational intelligent person who would deny that a poll can show whatever you wish it too.

I don't deny that extremists exist in this country, we have lost people to them, it is a glaring reminder, and i do not deny that terrorism is a threat, however, demonising almost a million people on the say so of a poll and general ill feeling is going to do nothing to combat it, nor encourage co-operation within the various communities.

All i ask is for a little realism.

Alan Corenk

Comment

"Although I wonder how many Muslim women would say they prefer Sharia law if they were not under such strict male control."

I bet you're actually wrong.

If this poll is accurate, and isn't a statistical anomaly, than the U.K. should start deporting people on a mass scale. This reminds me of living in Texas. A large percentage of the children of illegals consider themselves Mexican first. You never understand what that means unless you live with it.

Worth noting: today my Mother went to a welfare facility (I don't like it either, but we're poor as **** right now and I can't get a job until I recover from surgery) and almost everyone was Arab. There were alot of blacks, but we live two blocks from the biggest Western mosque, 4ish blocks from Dearborn, the city with the largest Muslim population in the West, and we're in the black sector. All the small businesses around here are Arab. Apparently, what alot of them do is come over here, get free college (how they do that, I'm not sure...), get a small business, and then find a way to get welfare, while not paying taxes. I had an interesting discussion on this with a local some time ago.
                            Last edited by spittle8; 21 Aug 06,, 19:36.

Comment

And you would deport people from their country of origin to where?

Alan Corenk

Comment

Working...
                              X