• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The search for alien life intensifies

Is Anybody out There?
    Detection devices are in the works for rooting out extraterrestrial life

Christen Brownlee (Follow link)

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060121/bob10.asp

Unless we are unique.. YES. That would be incredible given the size of the cosmos as we understand it. but seriously why
    are they so shy ? Or maybe our grain of sand is so small they do not know we are here. I had to edit this post as it was influenced by alcohol before.
    Last edited by ABW; 10 Oct 06,, 07:48.

Comment

because, there are no aliens.

it's a miracle beyond comparability that WE are here considering the chances of DNA assembling by chance is 10 to the power of 40,000...to ONE. hehe.

Comment

. .
        Attached Files

Comment

I KNOW there's alien life...I surf the internet.

Now whether there is such a thing as intelligent alien life, well, that's a different question.
          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

we are already in the seams to handle the current problems of this world.

What if they dislike us and ask all our ladies to wear burqa?? Its worthwhile, if they have beautiful chicks, but if you take a cue from hollywood, aliens are anything but beautiful.

Let them live in their world, we will live in ours
            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

burka's are so derogatory to women in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                we are already in the seams to handle the current problems of this world.

What if they dislike us and ask all our ladies to wear burqa?? Its worthwhile, if they have beautiful chicks, but if you take a cue from hollywood, aliens are anything but beautiful.

Let them live in their world, we will live in ours
                . .
                Attached Files

Comment

LOLOLOL
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Wow, that one was actually pretty good.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

we should look for more sighs on earth, ancient evidence give us alot if we know where to look, i'm sure that human civilization didn't start 5-6 thousand years ago. wayy before that. historians are puzled how ancient civilizations knew so much about space and uneverse? mayas azteks egyptians and many others not that well known. I say there was somebody that told them or left the knowlege somehow.ancient india was advanced about 8 10 thousands years ago(may be more)those how from india know. there is proof of that.(ancient text, wrighting on tamples, and tamples themselves) it just that many are not willing to accept it. also about 10 percent of world oceans, seas are being reserched what about the other 90, we seem to know more about moon then our own oceans, i bet we could find alot of interesting stuff down there.
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                        we should look for more sighs on earth, ancient evidence give us alot if we know where to look, i'm sure that human civilization didn't start 5-6 thousand years ago. wayy before that. historians are puzled how ancient civilizations knew so much about space and uneverse? mayas azteks egyptians and many others not that well known. I say there was somebody that told them or left the knowlege somehow.ancient india was advanced about 8 10 thousands years ago(may be more)those how from india know. there is proof of that.(ancient text, wrighting on tamples, and tamples themselves) it just that many are not willing to accept it. also about 10 percent of world oceans, seas are being reserched what about the other 90, we seem to know more about moon then our own oceans, i bet we could find alot of interesting stuff down there.
                        Well, I hope when we do find them, they are willing to give us Elvis, JFK and Heather McCartney's leg back... barstewards... grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon 6 View Post
                          because, there are no aliens.

it's a miracle beyond comparability that WE are here considering the chances of DNA assembling by chance is 10 to the power of 40,000...to ONE. hehe.
                          In the grand scope of the universe those odds mean that life should be "prevelant" throughout the universe.

That aliens exist somewhere is a virtual statistical certainty.

Or so the eggheads say.

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                            we should look for more sighs on earth, ancient evidence give us alot if we know where to look, I say there was somebody that told them or left the knowlege. somehow.ancient india was advanced about 8 10 thousands years ago(may be more)those how from india know. there is proof of that.(ancient text, wrighting on tamples, and tamples themselves) it just that many are not willing to accept it.
                            Spell checker! Thats what I would ask the aliens, if I were you :) Just kidding
                            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
                              In the grand scope of the universe those odds mean that life should be "prevelant" throughout the universe.

That aliens exist somewhere is a virtual statistical certainty.

Or so the eggheads say.
                              I fully agree
                              considering the size of the universe, it's impossible we could be alone.
                              But saying that doesn't mean we could find aliens.
                              It's a question of distance and simultaneity of presence (no species are immortal)
                              At this time, there is still no evidence of any form of life except on earth.

Comment

Working...
                              X