Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head of HGP converts to Xtianity

The believer

Francis Collins -- head of the Human Genome Project -- discusses his conversion to evangelical Christianity, why scientists do not need to be atheists, and what C.S. Lewis has to do with it.

By Steve Paulson (follow link)

http://www.salon.com/books/int/2006/.../index_np.html

ah good for him, but he is just one more scientist having a mid life crisis and finding solace in something "greater than himself"..i doubt that any other scientist would be willing to join his bandwagn..esp when he subscribes to "creationism" and other stuff, wich I personally think is an affront to basic human intelligence.
    i wonder how a rational human being could think that "all things are NOT equal" cos by saying that there is a "GOD" they trample on egalitarian principles of the civilised society.how can we be "lower" than a thing/person called "GOD" and "higher" than the rest of the animals? its funny..remember what chief seattle said on his letter to old Abe?? all things are equal, there aint anything higher or lower than us.but i guess we do see his(this scientist's) likes from time to time, but thank(the great collective conciousness?) folks like him are few and far between nowadays.but they were four a penny during the middle ages :)
    Last edited by starsiege; 17 Aug 06,, 15:23.

Comment

All things are not equal.

Dont take a scientist to make that obvious observation.

Comment

Religion is just a Theory of Everything written for the "C" student, lol.
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
          Is that a polite way to say that religion is stupid?

If so, i concur. :)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            Is that a polite way to say that religion is stupid?
            Well, a little tongue-in-cheek, but...

Man has always had the desire to understand things we don't. Religion provides those answers without the need to expend any effort.
            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
              well put! :)

Comment

Working...
              X