Italy Arrests 40 in Security Crackdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy Arrests 40 in Security Crackdown

Even before the dust has had a chance to settle down on the UK aircraft bombing plot spearheaded by Pakistani origin individuals, yet another bunch of Pakistani origin individuals are under the terrorism scanner in Italy and Belgium.

Pakistan is truly the preferred supplier of the foot soldiers of global Jihadi terrorism :

Italy Arrests 40 in Security Crackdown

By FRANCES D'EMILIO
    Associated Press Writer

August 11, 2006, 4:14 PM EDT

ROME -- Police raided Internet cafes, money-transfer offices and long-distance phone call centers catering to Muslims and arrested 40 people in a crackdown linked to Britain's announcement it had thwarted an alleged terror plot, authorities said Friday.

The arrests in Rome, Milan, Venice, Florence, Naples and other cities on Thursday and Friday were "part of an extraordinary operation that followed the British anti-terrorist operation," the Interior Ministry said in a statement.

More than 4,100 people were stopped for identification checks, the ministry said.

Twenty-eight people were arrested for violating rules on residence permits and 12 were arrested for property crimes, the statement said, without giving details. The raids resulted in 114 expulsion orders.

A year ago, a similar security sweep in Italy at money transfer centers, Muslim butcher shops and similar places resulted in 141 arrests. Those raids came a few weeks after the London subway attacks.

On Friday, police also searched 15 homes occupied mostly by Pakistanis in several Italian cities as part of a Belgian police probe into suspected financing of terrorism, the ministry said.

That operation captured documents and led to three expulsion orders of foreigners who had irregular residence papers.

Italian authorities said Belgian police are investigating a group of Pakistanis suspected of financing Lashkar-e-Tayyaba, a Pakistan-based terrorist group believed to have ties to al-Qaida.

The latest raids targeting Muslims in Italy triggered the ire of a spokeswoman for the Islamic Anti-Defamation League in Italy.

"More than 4,000 people were stopped and humiliated to allow police to arrest 12 chicken thieves and 28 clandestine" migrants, the Italian news agency Apcom quoted spokeswoman Dacia Valent as saying.
    Last edited by Hari_Om; 12 Aug 06,, 17:49.

Lately it's been converts to Islam and/or Muslim citizens of Europe that the Islamists have been trying so hard to recruit.

Al-Qaeda has gone from using Johnny Saudi to instead sending Johnny lives next door to kill everyone.

Comment

Italian authorities said Belgian police are investigating a group of Pakistanis suspected of financing Lashkar-e-Tayyaba, a Pakistan-based terrorist group believed to have ties to al-Qaida.
      seems like the Italians and the Belgians are doing much more fighting Kashmiri terrorism then the Pakistan in which these groups freely operate from...
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
        Lately it's been converts to Islam and/or Muslim citizens of Europe that the Islamists have been trying so hard to recruit.

Al-Qaeda has gone from using Johnny Saudi to instead sending Johnny lives next door to kill everyone.
        The new converts to Islam certainly do play a role but that is subordinate to the "originally Muslim" Citizens of Europe, the preponderance of whom, turn out to be of Pakistani origin or just plain vanilla Pakistani citizens.

Thus my comment that Pakistani origin individuals are the preferred foot soldiers of global Jihad. The Maghrabi's come close, in Europe, but in the end have to bow down before the Pakistani origin individuals on the basis of sheer numbers.

One other thing ;) .

Check out the the number of Bangladeshi and Pakistani immigrants to the UK.

Then ask yourself the question why there are so few, relative to numbers, Bangladeshi's involved in terrorism in the UK despite sharing a common religion.
        Last edited by Hari_Om; 12 Aug 06,, 18:14.

Comment

dude... Bangladesh is slowly catching up... it will soon replace Pakistan as the major base for terrorism...

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
            dude... Bangladesh is slowly catching up... it will soon replace Pakistan as the major base for terrorism...
            Fuelled with Pakistani expertise, as is now the case, Bangladesh is certainly steadily moving up the terrorism ranks. But they are still far from Pakistani attainment levels when it comes to terrorism being as they are, the students of Pakistani's. As for them passing by Pakistan, I think not in the medium term.

As Lord Keynes said, in the long term we are all dead ;) .

Comment

Yeah, but the ISI still makes Pakistan sit pretty at the top of the table. Bangladesh is well suited to be number 2. ;)

Comment

yes... but the ISI is shifting base slowly to Bangladesh... only god knows how many of those refugees coming into India are actually ISI agents...

Comment

I don't want set the cat amongst pigeons, but I am immensely intrigued.

One issue intrigues me is that inspite of the West being so openly hostile against Islam, there is a whole lot of "normal" whites/ non Asians converting to Islam and are found to be spearhead to all this terrorism.

In UK jazz, there was an upper class white Islam convert and a black convert!

What is the magic spell?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Ray,

Perhaps the answer you seek may be discerned from the comments of Chris Schlong of TFTA Apparels which has been posted by Gabru47 here on WAB :

.......... My friend, Chris Schlong, a liberal thinker, said it best. According to him, as Western societies continue to lose their moral bearings, they feel inferior and vaguely threatened by the innate superiority of Islamic thought. They attack Pakistan because we represent the intellectual attainment of the West while still retaining the noblest of Islamic ideals. Chris, who is converting to Islam along with his entire family, is giving all profits from his highly successful garment company as zakat. ...............
                    Last edited by Hari_Om; 20 Aug 06,, 05:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Hari_Om
                      Ray,

Perhaps the answer you seek may be discerned from the comments of Chris Schlong of TFTA Apparels which has been posted by Gabru47 here on WAB :

That is a whole lot of hogwash.

As far as I am concerned, Schlong and his family can convert to being zombies if they wish.

So move along, Mr Schlong!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

pakistan is known as home of all the terrorists. whether there is a attack on US or in UK or even in Egypt, a link is always found with the Madras’s and mosques of Pakistan. the concept of Jihad they are teaching to their young generation, has only one meaning no matter how they justify it. they are making terrorists from schools. this is interesting that before any terrorist attack in any part of the world, this is found that those terrorists had taken education in the madras’s of pakistan. i wonder what they teach their students, no matter they born in UK or in Pakistan, that after education they directly do bomb blasts. the case become more serious when we find the education minister of Pakistan is the same man who taught Taliban. if i dare to think, O.B.Laden may be hidden somewhere in one of those pakistani Madras’s, would have changed his face and probably the Principal of “potential students” of one of those Madras’s. who knows.

world think Mr Musharraf is a good man because he is killing terrorists of pakistan. but they have no doubt that pakistan is a bad country. either today or tomorrow, west will have to fight with home of all the terrorists, pakistan

Comment

Tronic,

It is not that base is shifting.

It is just that Islamic fundamentalists are spreading their wings and each Islamic country wants to out Islam the other. The poorer the country, the greater is its desire to find its place in the sun through such religious platform since such religious platforms requires no money internally and instead rake in money from the richer Islamic countries.

Economic salvation through religious bigotry! ;)

This should also go into economic text books as a means to make money.
                          Last edited by Ray; 20 Aug 06,, 07:29.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

actually, I was watching this documentry called, The Changing face of Bangladesh... it was quite interesting because the young generation in that country is still very much pro-India and shuns the religious mullahs which are slowly coming to power... the documentry showed girls flirting with guys and all, and then when this old mullah type dude was interviewed he called the girls prostitutes simply because they didn't cover up fully and the way they were acting 'at par' with the men... it would be sad to see even this country fall victim to religious persecution... I seriously think our government has to make some drastic changes in our foreign policy, and we have seriously got to fix the trade defecit between our two countries... if we don't get on good terms with Bangladesh and start promoting democracy there, they will soon be doomed... and same goes with Afghanistan... that is one muslim country we seriously have to get striving towards democracy and to really keep religion and politics two seperate things...

Comment

Um, don't overlook Somalia.

Comment

Working...
                              X