Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Conversion Law.

Syabas,
    I think a few states under the control of BJP has passed anti conversion law to protect Hindus.Is it better if it is made a national law?We should take a cue from Malaysia a model muslim state which has anti conversion law or apostacy law to protect the intreast of muslims for many years.Muslims over there are not allowed to convert to other religions but people from other faith are welcomed to convert to islam.I feel every country should protect its native first.Any opnion? :)

Hind-guy,

Your name is very illuminating.

As for this anti conversion law, forcible conversion is not acceptable. But for those willing to convert their faith, it is their individual choice.

Comment

BJP are asses... well actually Advani is an ass... why can't Vajpayee head BJP again??? :(
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
        ... why can't Vajpayee head BJP again??? :(
        Too old and he has wobbly knees, just like the present chap who has no spine. Ironically the only Indian PM who had balls made of steel was a woman.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hind-guy
          Syabas,
          I think a few states under the control of BJP has passed anti conversion law to protect Hindus.Is it better if it is made a national law?We should take a cue from Malaysia a model muslim state which has anti conversion law or apostacy law to protect the intreast of muslims for many years.Muslims over there are not allowed to convert to other religions but people from other faith are welcomed to convert to islam.I feel every country should protect its native first.Any opnion? :)
          Protect the interests of Muslims? Or to continue shackling former adherents and unwilling converts? Observe the case of Lina Joy, a former Muslim woman who wishes to change her name and religion. Or "counselling sessions" between religious officers and apostates, for which the approval to remove the apostates' names from the official registers drags on. Overzealous government officials prosecute even non-Muslim couples for holding hands in public parks.

Open professment of their religion is something I have no problem with, granted that it's the official religion of Malaysia and there is freedom to practise other religions.

However.....

Muslims over there may proselytize openly. But even inter-faith dialogues for other religions in private venues are disrupted by mobs who call themselves "protectors of Islam". Building of mosques get priority. But other places of worship get all sorts of restrictions placed which make it virtually impossible to get them built.

"Protect its native" and negative treatment of their own non-Muslim citizenry, who are second-class in all but name, are two different things.

Comment

I feel every country should protect its native first.Any opnion? :)
            I am a native but not a hindu. How do you protect me?

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
              Ironically the only Indian PM who had balls made of steel was a woman.
              Captain, yet her brains abandoned her when she released the Pakistani POW without doing a deal on Kashmir.

Comment

I am a native but not a hindu. How do you protect me?
                You are protected because you are an Indian. You have co-existed wonderfully with all the other communities and you stand in awe at the tricolour. You are an Indian in all respects. Thats why you are protected.
                Last edited by Karthik; 12 Aug 06,, 07:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Karthik
                  Captain, yet her brains abandoned her when she released the Pakistani POW without doing a deal on Kashmir.
                  Any decisions taken would be refuted by future Pak army generals, just as Bhutto was hanged. They cannot be trusted, since the defeat in 1971 has psyched them from their belief in their military powers/ superiority. They have not over it and will continue supporting terrorism in India untill we do something about it.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karthik
                    You are protected because you are an Indian. You have co-existed wonderfully with all the other communities and you stand in awe at the tricolour. You are an Indian in all respects. Thats why you are protected.
                    I know I was just tickling him.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Too old and he has wobbly knees, just like the present chap who has no spine. Ironically the only Indian PM who had balls made of steel was a woman.
                      Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

I know I was just tickling him.

Comment

Syabas,
                          TROLL ALERTTTTT.

Comment

Is it the truth?

Originally posted by LongshotSNN
                            Protect the interests of Muslims? Or to continue shackling former adherents and unwilling converts? Observe the case of Lina Joy, a former Muslim woman who wishes to change her name and religion. Or "counselling sessions" between religious officers and apostates, for which the approval to remove the apostates' names from the official registers drags on. Overzealous government officials prosecute even non-Muslim couples for holding hands in public parks.

Open professment of their religion is something I have no problem with, granted that it's the official religion of Malaysia and there is freedom to practise other religions.

However.....

Muslims over there may proselytize openly. But even inter-faith dialogues for other religions in private venues are disrupted by mobs who call themselves "protectors of Islam". Building of mosques get priority. But other places of worship get all sorts of restrictions placed which make it virtually impossible to get them built.

"Protect its native" and negative treatment of their own non-Muslim citizenry, who are second-class in all but name, are two different things.
                            Well i could not believe it when you say such negative things about Malaysia.The other day i saw in the magazine " Truely asia and the melting pot of asia where different cultures and races live in harmony and peace"
                            I have also seen in the international ranking on religious freedom on malaysia.It is not bad either compare to other countries like arabia,iran or even china.I am abit confused here......
                            Infact they are placed alongside countries which are quiet liberal and tolerant.

Comment

LT i may not accept many of your arguments but this is the onethat i too endorse. She had balls of steel but she did bring the political systems to its nadir where it is right now, she encouraged sycophancy in her party and thats where the fall of indian political system started and now we all see how worst the politicians are. BTW did you guys read how the congress MP's were falling head over heals for bringing sonia madamji a dosa

Comment

Working...
                              X