Poll: Cremation or Burial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Cremation or Burial?

Do you want your fleshy self to spend eternity in a pine box in the ground or would you prefer to be incinerated (not to be confused with incarcerated ) and spread out to the winds?
    Cremated: Burn Baby Burn!!
    43.75%
    Burial: Let me live amongst nature and the insects it has created.
    50.00%
    Dump me in the ocean and be done with it.
    6.25%
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Let me start it off - cremate me and leave me alone. Dont put my ashes on a mantle. Dont put them in a little box, jar or cup. Cremate me and then sprinkle me in a rainforest.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I know that i will be dead, but the thought of my body burning
      creeps me out...let me rot in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
        Let me start it off - cremate me and leave me alone. Dont put my ashes on a mantle. Dont put them in a little box, jar or cup. Cremate me and then sprinkle me in a rainforest.
        Would you not take a cue from those you leave behind, who have to deal with the loss?

Comment

- cremate me and leave me alone. Dont put my ashes on a mantle. Dont put them in a little box, jar or cup. Cremate me and then sprinkle me in a rainforest.
          Are you beginning to feel your age?

Comment

Originally posted by bandwagon
            Would you not take a cue from those you leave behind, who have to deal with the loss?
            Burn her extra crispy!
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

burial iss cary and graveyards scare me . cremation is so much cooler and in my religion i have to be cremated so CREMATION all the WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As long as I'm dead before they start, I don't care. ;)
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Some believe that our living spirit has a certain individual resonance or frequency to it that our earthly bodies are tuned to. Destroying the body (or deep burial) prevents that spirit from lingering on after death.
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by bandwagon
                    May they rest assured that my "soul", if you will, has moved onto another temporary flesh housing bringing me that much closer to nirvana. This body I am currenty in means nothing...it is the memories that will count.

Originally posted by BW
                    Are you beginning to feel your age?
                    excuse me?

Comment

Cart my body into the mountains, chop it up into manageable pieces, and let the keas eat it.
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                        Cart my body into the mountains, chop it up into manageable pieces, and let the keas eat it.

I think they do that in Tibet except with vultures. Includes grinding the bones and mixing them with flour so they'll be eaten also.
                        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt

I think they do that in Tibet except with vultures. Includes grinding the bones and mixing them with flour so they'll be eaten also.
                          that would work for me too - after they remove my organs and eyes to donate. i'll be dead i wont know this way or that. at least then it is put to good use.

Comment

that would work for me too - after they remove my organs and eyes to donate. i'll be dead i wont know this way or that. at least then it is put to good use.
                            It has the added benefit of you being turned into bird poo and deposited on the heads of inquisitive tourists
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

May they rest assured that my "soul", if you will, has moved onto another temporary flesh housing bringing me that much closer to nirvana. This body I am currenty in means nothing...it is the memories that will count.
                              If they believe as you do.

Some people cope with their loss by being able to visit a grave, which is a focal point for communication. It doesn't have to make sense. It just is.

Personally I don't like to think of my own mortality and I wonder why you do. Although I reckon I'm still young ;) I've developed arthritis in a finger recently which stops me playing guitar. Suddenly you become aware of the relentless progress of time and that the old and infirm people around you were young not that long ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X