Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-year-old Runs in to Poll; Sues for Lost Wages

2-year-old model seeks lost wages

STAMFORD, Connecticut (AP) -- A 2-year-old model and actor who cut his head at a playground is seeking unspecified lost wages and other compensation from the city.

Konrad Mader of Greenwich was running toward a treehouse at a playground November 4 when he crashed into a railing, according to a claim filed last week by his mother and reported Friday by The Advocate of Stamford. The blond toddler received several stitches.

Deena Mader, the boy's mother, did not specify how much she is seeking on behalf of her son.

In a letter to officials, she demanded compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and a "lost wage amount due to his inability to audition or take modeling or commercial jobs while his head heals."

Mader blamed the boy's injury on a green railing, which she said blends in with the landscaping. Mader said the railing should be painted a brighter color.

"This accident was preventable had the railings and safety measures been correct at this park, " Mader wrote in her claim.

Tom Cassone, the city's director of legal affairs, said his office is investigating the claim.

Joe Falzone, a facilities manager in charge of maintaining city parks, said he is not aware of defects in the playground and there are no plans to make changes.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/12/26/to....ap/index.html

We will find out soon that the mother video taped the incident, but it was turned down for a funny home video show ......
    at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
      We will find out soon that the mother video taped the incident, but it was turned down for a funny home video show ......
      :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL

Comment

I read this story yesterday and was disturbed by it. These things happen all the time to children, its part of the growing up process, shit happens. I hope that the judge throws the suit out and tells the mother to get a reality check.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C
          I read this story yesterday and was disturbed by it. These things happen all the time to children, its part of the growing up process, shit happens. I hope that the judge throws the suit out and tells the mother to get a reality check.
          Your right. This mother needs a reality check. Let's remember that she's suing not because the child isn't going to be able to "model" but rather because she's not going to be able to make money pimping out her kid for TV commercials.

Comment

Working...
          X