PDA

View Full Version : A Disturbing development

veera8
26 Jul 06,, 12:27
:mad: Two Army jawans detained for alleged 'links with LeT commander'

Jammu, July 26: Tracing mobile calls made on BSNL network, the state police and security forces have smashed a Lashkar module in the twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch involving some Army men, cops, BSNL franchisees and militants.

Nearly a dozen arrests have been made into the matter during the last one month, the latest being the detention of two Army men hailing from Gursai village in Poonch district.
Identified as Launce Naik Mohammad Shakeel and Sepoy Abdul Haq, both the detained soldiers belonged to Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAK LI) and they were posted in Valley. The duo had come home on leave at the time of their detention.
They are said to have helped militants in organising attacks in Poonch and Rajouri and their families allegedly sheltered LeT militants. The two allegedly arranged SIM cards, batteries and pencil cells, and delivered letters to other LeT field commanders and operatives.

Giving details, sources said that police had arrested a Lashkar militant Tipu in connection with grenade blasts at Jammu bus stand last month.
On his disclosures, police arrested two policemen Sikander and Kabir, both residents of Gursai, for alleged militant links.
These two cops had during interrogation revealed the names of both the Army men, saying that they had links with the dreaded LeT divisional commander Abu Osama, who was responsible for various militant activities in Rajouri-Poonch districts.
Osama had crossed over to PoK six months ago.
Significantly, all these arrested people had BSNL's pre-paid mobile phone cards, which had been issued by BSNL under fake names. And the calls history on these phones revealed that they had been in touch with each other.
The detained Army men in connivance with some BSNL franchisees, sources said, supplied the pre-paid SIM cards to militants.
Pointing out that both the detained Army men had also gone to Delhi during the period of their leave, sources said that the duo appear to be involved in recent attacks on Gursai police station as well.
Senior Army officials confirmed the detention of both the Army men, saying that their interrogation was in progress. ``We have to find out whether they had been working for militants willingly or under some pressure,'' they added.

LINK :::Army jawans in Let Nexus (http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=71569)

finally the Tentacles of terroism has reached even to the lowest brass of Army .....

667medic
26 Jul 06,, 12:33
This is hardly surprising, I am sure the dirt could have been dug out earlier but then it took the slaughter of 200 civvies for the establishment to do its job.

Now please hang the traitors :mad:

veera8
26 Jul 06,, 12:45
the one institution i firmly belived to be out of dirty poltics was the INDIAN ARMY .but today iam feeling so helpless and dumbfound to see cancer terroism to have infested army ...

Now please hang the traitors

execution will not provide any assurance that same kind of things will not take place in future....some thing is going immensly wrong ....

i wonder why is it always has to be muslims in any conspiracy ....iam slowly getting tired of secularism and demo"crazy" ....

Captain Drunk
26 Jul 06,, 12:59
Now they're avoiding mobile telephony and switching over to radio VHF/UHF equipment.

I don't believe these are thoroughbread Indian terrorists, there are NO Indian terrorists. They've been planted by the ISI or Pakistan in the Indian Army, much like Double Spies(Enemy Intelligence Operators who were under each other's employment) during the Cold War in the 70s.

Kashmir has become infected by a cancerous growth of terrorists! Like laser treatment our Migs and Mirages need to surgically remove those bloody terrorists with laser guided LGBs right now! :mad:

lemontree
26 Jul 06,, 13:42
The so called LeT agent story is most likely humbug. The people of of Poonch/ Rajouri district are pro-India and pragmatic people and not as giddy headed as the ones in the Valley. There is not much a soldier can do if terrorists threaten to kill his family if he does not "help", the state administration can do nothing to protect them. The so called help would be mainly as a shelter/ safe house since their village falls on the route of infilteration/ exfilteration (I have operated there), and till last year villagers were refusing help to the terrorists and informing the security forces.

They are said to have helped militants in organising attacks in Poonch and Rajouri and their families allegedly sheltered LeT militants. The two allegedly arranged SIM cards, batteries and pencil cells, and delivered letters to other LeT field commanders and operatives.

Senior Army officials confirmed the detention of both the Army men, saying that their interrogation was in progress. ``We have to find out whether they had been working for militants willingly or under some pressure,'' they added.

Ray
26 Jul 06,, 14:31
I have had Kashmiri jawans in my unit which I commanded.

I had no problems.

I would however not rule out that moles cannot be recruited by error/ design. The State police,through the local police station, gives the security report on anyone being recruited.