Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Crime Emergency

I just thought you guys might find this one interesting:
    DC Crime Emergency and a shameless plug for conceal and carry laws Cato Institutie Report

In My opinion, crime waves are usually a good excuse to increase taxes, police forces and limit liberties, when in fact perhaps the best remedy would be to allow people to arm themselves. Indeed, when a brigand must consider his victim is packing, would he have as mch bravado?

Originally posted by FlyingCaddy
    I just thought you guys might find this one interesting:
    DC Crime Emergency and a shameless plug for conceal and carry laws Cato Institutie Report

In My opinion, crime waves are usually a good excuse to increase taxes, police forces and limit liberties, when in fact perhaps the best remedy would be to allow people to arm themselves. Indeed, when a brigand must consider his victim is packing, would he have as mch bravado?

Most true. Back in the 1980's when carjackings were all the rage in places in the NE, down south were I was living at the time, carjackings never happened. Why? Because everybody could carry a gun in their car and the criminals knew it.

Comment

You'll get no arguments from me.

No liberals has ever questioned why places with the strictest gun laws continue to have high crime rates. They don't even want to consider the possibility that guns might in fact reduce crimes by preventing criminals ever attempting anything in the first place. Logic is usually against their religion.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Even if weapon ownership doesn't reduce crime, people still have the right to defend themselves.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

GOD, I love a united front of common sense. It smells like...VICTORY.

Comment

Working...
          X