7/11: Not all of them were samaritans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/11: Not all of them were samaritans

A look at the darker side of our society. Stealing from the injured of the 7/11 blasts shows how low some of our society can get.

7/11: Not all of them were samaritans

MUMBAI: While several people came forward to help blast victims, some also made use of the opportunity to make away with whatever they could lay their hands on.

Senior citizen Girishbhai Gandhi, who sustained multiple injuries in the blasts and was carried to hospital by social workers, was carrying a black leather bag containing two files of office documents, cash, a cellphone, a senior citizen identity card and a first-class train pass.

“When we found him at the hospital several hours later, he only had his telephone diary on him,’’ Gandhi’s daughter Rupa told TOI .

“He was anxious about getting the files back so I went to Borivli railway police station but couldn’t find any of his belongings.’’ Rupa said she feared the bag had been stolen. “His address and contact number were on the ID card so whoever found the bag could have returned it if he wanted to.’’

If Gandhi’s was a case of missing belongings , Vasai resident Yogesh Pandey came across a person who instead of helping him, helped himself to his phone. Pandey, a JNPT employee, was thrown off the train and fractured his leg. Unable to pull himself up, he fished out his cellphone and gave it to a man to dial his family’s number. The man simply walked away with the phone.

National junior hockey player Sanford De Sales was killed in the blast at Matunga and the lower portion of his body was disfigured when his family found him.

“Sanford’s gold chain, cellphone and wris****ch were missing. Initially, we thought they were lost in the melee, but his wife started receiving blank text messages from his number, days after his death,’’ said De Sales’ brother Claude. Stunned, the family contacted the mobile service provider and got De Sales’ number disconnected.

“It’s a horrible thing to do,’’ said Claude but added that he did not want to press any charges. “You cannot pinpoint to any one person who could have done it, there were so many people helping out that day. I’m thankful to have found Sanford’s body,’’ he said.

The jewellery of Santacruz resident Nandini Naik, who was killed in the Borivli blast, was also stolen. Her family could not believe “how someone could steal from a dead person’’.

A Kandivli-based family, the Ajmera family, had to undergo a worse nightmare. NTC employee Ashok Ajmera, 54, died in the blast at Jogeshwari. His son Pravin had barely had time to mourn the loss when he was intimated that withdrawals to the tune of Rs 40,000 had been made from Ajmera’s bank account.

Ajmera had been carrying his credit and debit cards with him on the day of the blasts and the family had to block them to prevent further misuse. Further, the railway police did not entertain their complaint and they had to approach a contact in the CM’s office to get the FIR filed.
    Last edited by lemontree; 19 Jul 06,, 10:33.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

There are no dearth of horrid people.

Most disgusting is all that one can say.

Those who can be nabbed should be given exemplary punishment and there should be TV programmes showing their faces so that they can never show their faces in decent society.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray

Those who can be nabbed should be given exemplary punishment and there should be TV programmes showing their faces so that they can never show their faces in decent society.
      I'd say this is where medieval barbarism could have its uses.... stone them publicly....string them up upside down, naked at spitoon level, with their mouths held open by braces.....blah blah.... bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray

Recently, a couple of people in Sri Lanka were jailed and given the death sentence because they had stolen stuff from Tsunami victims and it lead to the death of a lady who was drowning....
        Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
            Recently, a couple of people in Sri Lanka were jailed and given the death sentence because they had stolen stuff from Tsunami victims and it lead to the death of a lady who was drowning....
            That could be construed by some as too harsh maybe, but nonetheless, I can say that it will be quite exemplary so that none try it again.

Poor lady to die because of someone's greed.

Human beings can really be uncaring, murderous and greedy

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
              That could be construed by some as too harsh maybe, but nonetheless, I can say that it will be quite exemplary so that none try it again.

Poor lady to die because of someone's greed.

Human beings can really be uncaring, murderous and greedy
              Possibly Sir, but it seems that the lady was struggling to stay afloat and grab a footing. The two gentlemen had the time and decency to grab her gold chain before kicking her off into the water....

That's not all Sir, in many places in S.Lanka, some bastards would infact give false warning about a Tsunami and the panicked residents would flee, giving the bastards ample time to ransack their belongings....
              Last edited by 667medic; 19 Jul 06,, 15:19.
              Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

God alone can help mankind from these vermin!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by cottage cheese
                  I'd say this is where medieval barbarism could have its uses.... stone them publicly....string them up upside down, naked at spitoon level, with their mouths held open by braces.....blah blah.... bastards.
                  I would prefer the Mizo "monkey brain" eating method. Crucify the chap, slice open the cranium, expose the brain and pour hot oil and eat the brain up before the chap dies.

..am I getting too evil, or just keeping up with the times.
                  Last edited by lemontree; 20 Jul 06,, 05:58.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                    ..am I getting to evil, or just keeping up with the times.
                    Nah.

You can't be 'bandaid' and be evil at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                      I would prefer the Mizo "monkey brain" eating method. Crucify the chap, slice open the cranium, expose the brain and pour hot oil and eat the brain up before the chap dies.

..am I getting too evil, or just keeping up with the times.

Hah...or simply lop off their heads with a Chang or Khimongan Dao.
                      Back to basics. Maybe we should raise a Head Hunter Battalion.....

Comment

Better still...send them across the Border for some Mullah justice.

Comment

Originally posted by cottage cheese
                          Back to basics. Maybe we should raise a Head Hunter Battalion.....
                          We already have them - the Naga Regt are niknamed "Head Hunters", due to the old custom of Naga warriors of keeping the head of the slain enemy on a spike infront of the his house.

The Kumaonis have the nikname "man eaters", after the "Man eaters of Kumaon" made famous by Jim Corbet.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

I thought oversexed women were known as "maneaters".

And those with low profile mammary glands..... "Manchester"! ;)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              I thought oversexed women were known as "maneaters".

And those with low profile mammary glands..... "Manchester"! ;)
                              :)

Comment

Working...
                              X