Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new best friend, Harley aka the little bastard cat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new best friend, Harley aka the little bastard cat!

Two-three days ago I took in an innocent looking kitten named Harley. Hard to pass up just by the name alone.

Last night/early this morning he finally warmed up to me enough to sleep on a corner of my bed, and I wanted to see if he'd go after my hand if I moved it around underneath the blanket and quilt, which he did. But he also took it apon himself to look me right in the face for a few seconds...then claw me in the eye. Which today slightly hurts, and has a nice red spot in part of it.

The little bastard cat. Note the upside down "v" pattern above his nose. I've opined it resembles the V pattern of the back of a Cobra's head.

And what my eye looks like after he raked his claws against it.

I love cats.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Luna, considering how septic cat claws are, if he made contact and literally scratched the eye, you need to be running into the eye-doc as fast as you can for at least some topical anti-biotics, or you will likely loose that eye, and perhaps both if the infection spreads (the body's immune system occasionally freaks, recognizing the eye as foreign, and proceeds to attack the healthy eye). Eyes are tough, and heal readily (an aquiantance of mine literally had his eye ripped apart by a branch, stitched back together, and healed back to its 20/20 self without degradation of vision), but they don't stand up well to infection. No matter the expense, you MUST get that treated!

And, is that a Japanese bobtail? They're aggressively psychotic little buggers, girlfriend recently picked one up, looks like a blurring bunny bounding from cover to cover attacking all the other resident cats. Love playing with her.
      Last edited by Horrido; 13 Jul 06,, 19:05.
      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Cute cat I have to say. Sorry about the eye injury though.

Luna question where abouts in Southeast Pa. ( a suburb of Philly myself) :)
        Last edited by Dreadnought; 13 Jul 06,, 19:08.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Ev. I've been putting antibiotic drops in my eye, and been keeping a close watch on it to see how healthy or unhealthy it starts to look.

It might be a Japanese Bobtail. Harley has once already punked out a full grown cat that's psycho in his own right, clawed my eye as his idea of playing, and has scared off a full grown Golden Retriever who's far too friendly for either cat's liking.

He also tried sticking his paw into the cage of a cockatiel he considered prey, and kept getting bit on the foot pad by this bird that wasn't about to back down from him, and apparently knew where to strike. Between the bird not taking his **** and getting hit by sprays from a water bottle he just looks up at the birdcage from the floor now.

Dreadnought. Lancaster, Pa.
          Last edited by Lunatock; 13 Jul 06,, 19:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
            Ev. I've been putting antibiotic drops in my eye, and been keeping a close watch on it to see how healthy or unhealthy it starts to look.

It might be a Japanese Bobtail. Harley has once already punked out a full grown cat that's psycho in his own right, clawed my eye as his idea of playing, and has scared off a full grown Golden Retriever who's far too friendly for either cat's liking.

He also tried sticking his paw into the cage of a cockatiel he considered prey, and kept getting bit on the foot pad by this bird that wasn't about to back down from him, and apparently knew where to strike. Between the bird not taking his **** and getting hit by sprays from a water bottle he just looks up at the birdcage from the floor now.

Dreadnought. Lancaster, Pa.
            I am very familiar with the area. Beautiful countryside. Small world :)
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Harley's a COOL lookin' guy.

Sorry about the damage, though. I'm sure he didn't mean it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
                I am very familiar with the area. Beautiful countryside. Small world :)
                I have family in West Grove.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                  Harley's a COOL lookin' guy.

Sorry about the damage, though. I'm sure he didn't mean it like that.
                  I doubt it. Saw him playing with the other Golden retriever, who just stood there and took it. And it looked like Harley was hitting him as hard as he got me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                    I'm sure he didn't mean it like that.
                    Sure he did, cats are wild animals that deign to live with us, that's why they're so cool.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Awwww...He'll come around. In the meantime, I suggest you invest in Soft Paws. I use these on both my cats because I cannot bring myself to declaw them.
                      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Nice p***y!
                        Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                        Awwww...He'll come around. In the meantime, I suggest you invest in Soft Paws. I use these on both my cats because I cannot bring myself to declaw them.
                        Ok, that's a neat product. The red ones would be freaky...
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I use claw clippers, and just weekly nip the hooks off the claws to keep them dull. It's like clipping your fingernails. Just be sure not to clip into the pink part of the claw and quick the cat, which is incredibly painful for the cat and incredibly messy to clean up while your chasing the cat to stem the bleeding (doesn't really hurt the cat, however, vets quick cats and dogs for blood samples, they way they prick our fingers during check-ups).
                          The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Harley's adjusting. Just needs to learn not to mess with this bird, which refuses to back down from him.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                              Good luck trying to get those on cats. I bet that would be a struggle on any cat.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X