This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greece vs Turkey; possible conflict scenarios

Any experts here on the situation with Greece and Turkey who can detail possible conflict scenarios between the two? What conflicts could erupt over, how fighting would play out, responses from, and actions of, other nations, etc.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

TURKS HANDS DOWN

:RW the turks will beat the greeks because regardless of technology the greeks have always with the exception of the greek independance war "fallen to pieces" when fighting the turks who are more numerous better trained and have ruled over the greeks for four centuries the greeks dont have the stomach for it a rag tag army of pesants threw a well equiped greek army ( armed by britain) in to the sea at izmir and that was after sorting out the italians and french as well as the kurds and turks who were opposed to the young turks westernisation movement the turks have a 4000 year history of epic battles both defeats and victorys ps many other european powers helped the greeks win the independance war after the brutal methods the turks used were winning the war so the turks would win hands down

Comment

Hadn't the Greek army marched to Ankara and back before the defeat at Smyrna?

Comment

ok boss

:RW That may be true but they didnt fight the turks when the english asked them to they waited for the empire to collapse turkey to surrender and then came in thanks to the english invitation the turks built an army poorly trained and poorly equiped got rid of internal problems and later the greeks against all the odds were as in the greek independancde war and most wars between the turks and the greeks the greeks have had better allies and lets face it nobody likes the turks not the arabs not europe not asia not anyone due to the history of nomadic warfare from mongolia all the way to anatolia not a very good way to win many buddys. so the odds were strongly against the turks many turks thought that a british mandate was the best way out by 1918 and would have excepted it if the greeks didnt begin killing and raping innocent civilians after they did that "independane or death" became the slogan. look at american history independance is a great incentive.

Comment

Could you please speak coherently?

Right now you're ranting.

Thanks for the two periods in your last post, your previous one was a massive run-on.

Comment

hehe

:nuke i do talk a lot dont i personnally ranting is a great form
            of expression maybe i will become a great dictator one day only a very enlightened one

Comment

We have no idea what you're saying. Unless you make an effort to make us understand your points, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

Make the effort.

Comment

but i am an idiot get it

:RW and a very trigger happy idiot

Comment

See the title under my name? You'd better hope that I'm not trigger-happy.

Make an effort to be articulate and concise, please.

Comment

Hey! Those guns hes firing are completely in sync with "Smells Like Teen Spirit" which is playing on my computer. How cool is that?
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

hey

nothing like a community leader you have my utmost respect.

Nobody wants to hear about that ottoman.

Editted by Mod

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

WHAT ABOUT THE COW THAT SPOKE TO ME ABOUT POLITICS I MEAN I DID SMOKE SOME SHIT BUT I SWEAR THAT COW WAS INTELLIGENT

No nobody wants to hear that and it violates board rules.

don't get vulgar or graphic with whacked out sayings

Comment

KNOCK OUT BLOW

Last chance, keep it up, you'll be banned.

edited by admin

Comment

Ouch that has got to hurt;)

Comment

I warned him.

Anybody here have any real theories on possible conflict scenarios between Greece and Turkey?

Comment

Working...
                              X