Weekend at Bluesman's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend at Bluesman's

I just got back yesterday from an absolutely smashing time at the warm and friendly sanctum santorum of Bluesman and his wonderful family.

Did I mention it was fun?

I drove up Friday in a...um, driving rain and was able to meet the rest of the family. Turns out that the Blues family is into all the offbeat stuff that I'm into! Harvey Birdman, MST3K, the military, history...maybe I was abducted as a child?
    Also on hand to greet me was the stalwart Confed999 :)

We then proceeded - most of the family in full pirate regalia - to see The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. (Picture 1)

Saturday, Bluesman, myself and his nephew toured around MacDill AFB. We were warmly welcomed at the gate by the prettiest lil airman I've ever seen...complete with a pistol
    Immediately after passing through the front gate, the car door locks were abruptly power-slammed into the Locked position. Apparently Bluesman is a mindreader or something...
    The base itself is quite nice, especially the half dozen KC-135R's sitting on the flightline :)

Saturday night, Bluesman, Lt Bluesman, nephew Pat and myself went out to Ybor City and had a wonderful dinner and drinks, then moved on to a most interesting store where I finally purchased my namesake (Picture 2).
    Thus attired, we proceeded to an upstairs bar where somebody - I will mention no names - got seriously hammered out of his gourd. Fortunately, Bluesman has a huge reservoir of patience for LOUD and OBNOXIOUS houseguests...even when they aren't shytfaced....

Sunday morning, after the dead had sufficiently risen from whence they had collapsed, Bluesman and Lt Bluesman whipped up waffles, eggs, bacon...you know, perfect hangover food! Confed dropped by again to see me off and I drove home...yes, in a driving rain. (I love Florida summers!) But first, I was entertained by a small delay on I-275. (Pictures 3 and 4).

To say that a fun time was had by all is an understatement and I would just like to thank Bluesman for a terrific weekend! :)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TopHatter; 11 Jul 06,, 00:41.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Originally posted by TopHatter
    waffles, eggs, bacon
    ...drool...
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Glad you had fun Bro. :) Wish I could have hung out with you guys on Saturday, but duty called. :(
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

TH

You should be a travel photojournalist.

Your post makes one realise how much they miss out on funtimes around the snazziest spots of the world. It was a gripping little story rather well written with topical photos.

Keep the news going.

How come THL was not there this time?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          How come THL was not there this time?
          It was her lovely daughter's 4th birthday party this weekend. :)
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Oh that explains it.

Was this the Wizard of Oz party she was planning?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Did you get some butter cookies? And don't tell me you traded 'em for some fried corn puffs covered in cheese dust.

(I swear, people surfing through this board probably think butter cookies is some kind of code word for something dirty.)
              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                Oh that explains it.

Was this the Wizard of Oz party she was planning?
                Yes, her Wizard of Oz party.

Kenzie as Dorothy:
                Attached Files
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                  (I swear, people surfing through this board probably think butter cookies is some kind of code word for something dirty.)
                  It isn't?
                  "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Two questions:

1, why aren't there pics of the "prettiest lil airman I've ever seen...complete with a pistol"?
                    2, how old are those lovely specimens in pic 1?

Back to the army for me...
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                      Thus attired, we proceeded to an upstairs bar where somebody - I will mention no names - got seriously hammered out of his gourd.
                      But Confed doesn't drink ;)
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                        how old are those lovely specimens in pic 1?
                        I sure hope Bluesman can't find Rawbanana or whatever it's called where you live, 'cause he's gonna come a huntin'.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                          Yes, her Wizard of Oz party.

Kenzie as Dorothy:
                          Ahh, ain't she cute :)
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                            Did you get some butter cookies?
                            I did, those were f***in' awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                              Ahh, ain't she cute :)
                              And he beat me to it, dang it. Her father must've been a handsome man. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X