X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacekeeper vs Trident D-5

http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/peaeeper.htm
    http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/trientd5.htm

After looking at the stats which would you say is a better nuke.

trident advanatges
    1.) large payload like the peacekeeper choice from 8-12 MIRV"S or 14 in a shorther range configuration.
    2.)Launched from an SSBN which is extremely difficult if not impossible to find.
    3.) Launch platform can sneak up close to the enemy's shore as possible giving him less time to react
    4.) SLBM's fly a shallower trajectory which alos reduces reaction time.
    Together this makes reactiopn time significanly less.
    5.) accurate as peacekeeper

disadvantages
    1.) Less range
    2.) slower speed
    3.) Range decreases as payload increases

Peackeeper advantages
    1.) 10-12 MIRV payload
    2.) cold launch so silo can be reloaded.
    3.) High CEP
    4.)Max range at max payload
    5.) Sexier looking

disadvantages
    1.) Silo vulnerable to attack
    2.) Gives enemy plenty of reaction time since it can be detected as soon as launched and must be launched form US territory and can't sneak near enemy's shore.
    3.) higher trjaectory than an SLBM

I pick trident!

What do you guys think????
    Last edited by Shadowsided; 07 Jul 06,, 22:31.

Originally posted by urmomma158
    http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/peaeeper.htm
    http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/trientd5.htm

After looking at the stats which would you say is a better nuke.

trident advanatges
    1.) large payload like the peacekeeper choice from 8-12 MIRV"S or 14 in a shorther range configuration.
    2.)Launched from an SSBN which is extremely difficult if not impossible to find.
    3.) Launch platform can sneak up close to the enemy's shore as possible giving him less time to react
    4.) SLBM's fly a shallower trajectory which alos reduces reaction time.
    Together this makes reactiopn time significanly less.
    5.) accurate as peacekeeper

disadvantages
    1.) Less range
    2.) slower speed
    3.) Range decreases as payload increases

Peackeeper advantages
    1.) 10-12 MIRV payload
    2.) cold launch so silo can be reloaded.
    3.) High CEP
    4.)Max range at max payload
    5.) Sexier looking

disadvantages
    1.) Silo vulnerable to attack
    2.) Gives enemy plenty of reaction time since it can be detected as soon as launched and must be launched form US territory and can't sneak near enemy's shore.
    3.) higher trjaectory than an SLBM

I pick trident!

What do you guys think????
    I pick both but since the peace keepers are out of service due to the last start treaty I guess the Trident 5. But both with that many warheads unless you have 2 days to move all your people about 200 miles away your toast anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by usplanefan67
      I pick both but since the peace keepers are out of service due to the last start treaty I guess the Trident 5. But both with that many warheads unless you have 2 days to move all your people about 200 miles away your toast anyway.
      Lol!! if only we saved a few peacekeepers for Iran and North Korea. Give em a little taste of US nuclear power!!!! The Iranian and N Korean presidents are just a load of **** .I always wanted to see a peacekeeper in action! Trident D-5 is too good to waste on N korea or iran.

Comment

Couple of nuclear tipped TacToms will be enough. No need to alarm our friends and allies with a balistic launch.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

If a small-scale nuclear attack is launched I imagine TacToms will not be the weapon of choice. I can think the B-61, AGM-129 or a Trident with a low number of warheads would be higher up in the priority list.
          HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
            If a small-scale nuclear attack is launched I imagine TacToms will not be the weapon of choice. I can think the B-61, AGM-129 or a Trident with a low number of warheads would be higher up in the priority list.

A TACTOM or a B-2 can be shot down. A trident with a low yield (15kt) warhead is the wepon of choice for a limited strike.

Comment

Originally posted by JBodnar39
              A TACTOM or a B-2 can be shot down. A trident with a low yield (15kt) warhead is the wepon of choice for a limited strike.
              Wanna elaborate more there,like explain your statement.the B-2 is very diffiuclt to detect and shoot down especially with standoff jamming and other countermeasures. We're talking about Iran and North Korea,both of which are vulnerable to tacToms.

I guess everyones right,no need to use ICBM"s,SLBMs,B 61's, or ACM 129's on them. TacTOm will be enough. A few of them'll knock the **** out of Iran or North Korea.

Comment

Peackeeper advantages
                5.) Sexier looking
                That's good enough for me
                Attached Files
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                  That's good enough for me
                  LOL I know the D-5 is the better misisle by far but it doesn't turn me on like the peacekeeper.

Comment

LOL I know the D-5 is the better misisle by far but it doesn't turn me on like the peacekeeper.
                    I have to admit, that is a rather brawny badass looking missile.

Maybe it's the paint scheme.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

err... not phallic at all. a sexy missile? it turns you on? what kind of drooling sex pest a) feels that way, and b) admits it to the world?

who loves it up the bum, who loves it up the bum.... (to be sung in the playground to the tune of any nursery ryme you care to mention)
                      before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

I agree, tremendously Freudian. /end

As the feminists would say, anything longer than it is wide is a phallic symbol.
                        HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by JBodnar39
                          It might not hit with the same accuracy as a B-2 dropped B-61, important considering the lower end dial-a-yield warheads.
                          HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel
                            err... not phallic at all. a sexy missile? it turns you on? what kind of drooling sex pest a) feels that way, and b) admits it to the world?

who loves it up the bum, who loves it up the bum.... (to be sung in the playground to the tune of any nursery ryme you care to mention)
                            You lil b*tch i wuz kidding. It doesn't turn me on. A lot of people think some weapons are sexy(looks good for a weaponlike paint schemes or a shape that isnt ugly).Not in that way man you're jumping to conclusions. For example an A f pilot might think an F 22 is sexy and gets happy when he sees one(not get turned on).
                            Last edited by Shadowsided; 19 Jul 06,, 22:14.

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
                              I agree, tremendously Freudian. /end

As the feminists would say, anything longer than it is wide is a phallic symbol.
                              WTf are u insulting me. Can't you tell when im kidding/playing around and being serious. WTF is a phallic symbol.

Comment

Working...
                              X