Mongols
    55.88%
    Turks
    26.47%
    Vikings
    11.76%

Originally posted by Dogukan
    I think it could be the Huns.
    What is your point Dogukan? I picked Turks, because I know exactly, Turks are not Roman. There is no degree in that, a nation which is not Roman was called barbaric... Also Turks call a nation which is not muslim "gavur"... Also ancestors of "germans, french, english..." are called barbaric people, because they were not Roman...

I know so... Am I wrong?
    Last edited by AlpErTunga; 03 Jul 06,, 23:01.

Comment

The Turks were pretty bad especially to the Armenians or any christians for that matter.

Comment

If you ask me, nothing quite says "barbarian" like a mountain of skulls. I vote Mongols.

Comment

All of those nations were called barbarians by the Europeans. U r right. But what's that got to do with my question. I am Turkish also if u haven't noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Fi
            The Turks were pretty bad especially to the Armenians or any christians for that matter.
            Non Muslims in general. All the way to South Asia.

Originally posted by lwarmonger
            If you ask me, nothing quite says "barbarian" like a mountain of skulls. I vote Mongols.
            The turks met the criteria.
            Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

The Chinese. No contest. The Tai Ping rebellion. The single most devasting conflict in human history. 30 million estimated dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                The Chinese. No contest. The Tai Ping rebellion. The single most devasting conflict in human history. 30 million estimated dead.
                Didn't the Eastern Front have more dead?

Or are we talking the manner in which they were killed?
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Russians lost about 20 million, Germans about 2 million.
                  "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                    Russians lost about 20 million, Germans about 2 million.
                    That's a rather low estimate on the Russian side I'd say.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

i always wondered how it got so bad prior to the invention of modern methods of warfare. the rebellion was about 8-9 years; at 30 mill that's almost 9000 people dying, per day.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                        When was that? How did it start? Where are the bodies? We should be seeing a massive graveyard.

Comment

1851-1864 - A man who believed himself to be Jesus Christ re-incarnated lead a rebellion against the "foreign" Qing Dynasty in China. The whole of China is the graveyard. Think Rwanda times 40. You can still find bones everywhere but most bodies have already decompossed by now.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                            That's a rather low estimate on the Russian side I'd say.
                            I stand corrected. 34 million dead total, both civilians and military personnel.
                            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

"Barbarian" meant approximatly those "funny noises them foreigners make". It was not to describe their lack of humane actions. So by that standard we are all barbarians.

As for Barbarian actions Romans did a lot of them, Carthage, Corinth, the put down of Spartacus's rebellion, Ceaser's campaign in Gaul, over a Million Gallic dead, Germanicus's campaign across the Rhine, often killing women and children in their sleep, Sepitimus Severus's sack of Ciestaphon, carrying off 100,000 people into slavery, his son Carcella's sack of Alexandria, which was onnly cause it was rumoured someone had made fun of him.
                              "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X