This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to moderators

The following was posted by Archer in SA section.

Now i have a question is it against the rule of this board to post reports about ills or wrong doings in any country irrespective of its religion etc.

I had made the warning by Archer in the following post BOLD
    So Mods tell me is that guy whom Archer is warning qualify for any action by the Mods.

i mean is it right or the rule of the WAB to stop or punish any member cuz he or she is posting against any country,

If yes thn why other including me are not asked to refarin ?

[quote] 1. I am shocked Andrew or Abdul or whatever your real name is. Really. Given your high standards of digging out the latest and best about India, I am saddened that you couldnt find out a 90 year old woman. Or even a 100 year old one. That would have been much better for your purposes. Seriously try harder dude, I am sure there is some obscure mullah somewhere who will encourage you. 80 years old ...well WAB will just have to make do with your attempt this time.

[quote]

Originally posted by Jana
    Now i have a question is it against the rule of this board to post reports about ills or wrong doings in any country irrespective of its religion etc.
    No, if we couldn't post stories about the bad stuff happening around the world, there wouldn't be much to post. Post what you want, just be prepared for people to contradict the story, which isn't hard to do in most cases as the "news" media isn't all that reliable. ;)
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

jana,dont be a cry baby.....the arument(s) by archer are perfectly valid.
      its kinda stupid to post each & every rape & dacoity in one"s neighbourhood on the board.

Comment

i mean is it right or the rule of the WAB to stop or punish any member cuz he or she is posting against any country,
        For the most part, If a person disagrees with what is being posted about their country, it is incumbent upon them to refute the post/thread.

On the other hand.....
        Originally posted by percentage_plyr
        its kinda stupid to post each & every rape & dacoity in one"s neighbourhood on the board.
        I'm not sure what you mean by this, but here's my take.

It's kinda stupid to post a "news" article on each and every rape and atrocity that occurs in a neighboring country that you don't like, merely to point out how terrible things are over there.

In addition to stupid, it's also IMHO, pointless, idiotic, ludicrous, imbecilic....oh yeah, and ill-advised:
        Posting let's say for example, half a dozen "news" articles about the sordid happenings in another country (rape, child molestation etc) within a single day begins to qualify as flame-baiting.

By the way, that's merely an example. Not a hard and fast rule for people to adhere to. ;)
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

thts exactly wat i meant.

constructive criticism is always welcome,but it wld be utterly foolish if from trow i started a thread bout every wallet & mobile phone stolen in karachi.....just to somehow prove that the law & order situation isnt very good there.

Comment

It's kinda OK to post news on major events that have atleast some scope for rectification but what's there to discuss about "news" like a 80yr old woman getting raped. Such crimes are uncommon and such "news" seem to be posted with the explicit aim of flamming...
            BTW we could have a separate thread on Crimes in India where such "news" could be dumped...
            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
              For the most part, If a person disagrees with what is being posted about their country, it is incumbent upon them to refute the post/thread.

On the other hand.....
              I'm not sure what you mean by this, but here's my take.

It's kinda stupid to post a "news" article on each and every rape and atrocity that occurs in a neighboring country that you don't like, merely to point out how terrible things are over there.

In addition to stupid, it's also IMHO, pointless, idiotic, ludicrous, imbecilic....oh yeah, and ill-advised:
              Posting let's say for example, half a dozen "news" articles about the sordid happenings in another country (rape, child molestation etc) within a single day begins to qualify as flame-baiting.

By the way, that's merely an example. Not a hard and fast rule for people to adhere to. ;)

its kinda more stupid to post Pak gonna name its new airport Gandhara and thn to post hate.

Posting let's say for example, to post Nimze Istisqa offered by Muslims in Pakistan..
              No sane person would agree that there was anything discrimnatory against anyone in offering Istisqa or naming our any airport non muslim name.
              And last but not the least its kinda the most supid the Mod team take sides and advocate one sided view just beacuse they hate Muslims :)
              and also ignore whtever the other side is posting.

Anyway i was against tht Andrew but now i think its unfair and injustice to hey andrw come forward im with u.

Comment

its kinda more stupid to post Pak gonna name its new airport Gandhara and thn to post hate.
                What's stupid about that thread. It wasn't started with the intention of ridiculing pakistan. On the contrary, it showed that pakistan was waking up to the fact that it's history didn't start at 8th Century but is in fact older....
                Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

come forward andrew(i mean ahmed)??

no he wont.

he just posts some rediculous stuff & hides for cover.have u ever seen him respond to any of the posts in the threads STARTED BY HIM?

no.y?

cuz he"s a troll thts y.

Comment

And last but not the least its kinda the most supid the Mod team take sides and advocate one sided view just beacuse they hate Muslims :)
                    and also ignore whtever the other side is posting.
                    Oh really? Do you have any proof of this? You are just FULL of bizarre accusations today.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

[QUOTE=Jana]The following was posted by Archer in SA section.

I had made the warning by Archer in the following post BOLD
                      So Mods tell me is that guy whom Archer is warning qualify for any action by the Mods.

If yes thn why other including me are not asked to refarin ?

[quote] 1. I am shocked Andrew or Abdul or whatever your real name is. Really. Given your high standards of digging out the latest and best about India, I am saddened that you couldnt find out a 90 year old woman. Or even a 100 year old one. That would have been much better for your purposes. Seriously try harder dude, I am sure there is some obscure mullah somewhere who will encourage you. 80 years old ...well WAB will just have to make do with your attempt this time.

A clarification, rather a few actually:

1. I never mentioned the mods anywhere in that post or implied any action on their part.

2.Given that Andrew (or Jana) was interested in only such topics, I am sure there is some stuff going on in a billion plus country which surely dwarfs what Andrew/ Jana had posted before.

3.The above was obviously sarcasm, in that the WAB would be so "happy" to have more muck better than the previous muck etc.

4.Thanks for all the attention Jana.
                      Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

Well, it's all over and done with now.

Best just to move on and forget about losers that have to create multiple screennames on an Internet message board.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                          Oh really? Do you have any proof of this? You are just FULL of bizarre accusations today.
                          That would bother me, except many of the Indian members have expressed the same view. So I guess we're doing a pretty good job of being fair, simply judging by the complaints. ;)
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                            That would bother me, except many of the Indian members have expressed the same view. So I guess we're doing a pretty good job of being fair, simply judging by the complaints. ;)
                            Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                            X