X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A donkey faces court proceedings!

A donkey faces court proceedings!
    [Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:56:12 pmPTI]

KANCHEEPURAM (Tamil Nadu): A donkey had to face court proceedings after it was used by an NGO during a protest demonstration against the district administration Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu.

Makkal Manram, which had organised the protest on Monday to condemn the delay in issuance of land certificates to a tribal community, had put up the donkey with a placard hanging on its neck written 'district administration'.

As revenue officials took strong exception to it and registered a complaint, police arrested the protestors and seized the animal under the sections pertaining to prevention of cruelty to animals and defilement of public places.

Police had also seized items including mats, loudspeakers and amplifier sets from the protest site.

When the 30 arrested people were produced before Judicial Magistrate I G Uthamaraj at his residence Monday night, he remanded to them custody and directed the police to keep the donkey in police custody and produce it in court next day as an evidence along with the seized items.

Police had to hire a van to produce the animal before the court yesterday. After completing formalities, the court ordered that the animal be handed over to its real owner. The protestors were also released.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1687723.cms
    Who's the real donkey here?

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

the donley is being used as evidence...
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Indian Army uses donkeys as transportation in some really desolate areas of Himalayas. After the end of their service they are sent to a retirement home, which is their own green pasture and a vet. Some of them are commisioned officers, I think.
      I
      A should be careful, their "donkey corps" can get infiltrated by famed Afghan donkeys, including real ones, the Taliban.
      Last edited by gilgamesh; 28 Jun 06,, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by gilgamesh
        Indian Army uses donkeys as transportation in some really desolate areas of Himalayas. After the end of their service they are sent to a retirement home, which is their own green pasture and a vet.
        Those are mules not donkeys.
        Some of them are commisioned officers, I think.
        Thoses are not donkeys but a$$es, I have met two of them who were my Brigade commanders

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Here are the snapshots of the culprit

Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

cute little fella... lol

Comment

The donkey was produced in the court on Thursday as witness .

i am amazed how the judge going to ask him questions?.
              is he going to learn the language of donkyes

Comment

I wonder how did they "Handcuff" him or "Legcuff" whateve.....
                If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewS
                  The donkey was produced in the court on Thursday as witness .

i am amazed how the judge going to ask him questions?.
                  is he going to learn the language of donkyes
                  No trouble.. If the judge can understand the language of Jacka$$ lawyers, Donkey is still an intelligent being.

He should be offered a role in Shrek 3.
                  If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

omg... the donkey is being used as EVIDENCE!!!... not as a witness...

Comment

Originally posted by gilgamesh
                      Indian Army uses donkeys as transportation in some really desolate areas of Himalayas. After the end of their service they are sent to a retirement home, which is their own green pasture and a vet. Some of them are commisioned officers, I think.

A should be careful, their "donkey corps" can get infiltrated by famed Afghan donkeys, including real ones, the Taliban.
                      Not donkeys. Mules.

Mules GD and Mules MA.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree

Thoses are not donkeys but a$$es, I have met two of them who were my Brigade commanders
                        The usual gripe, Lemontree, right? ;) :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                          The usual gripe, Lemontree, right? ;) :)
                          Sir,
                          You would know those types better than me, people like Harkirat Singh and Kalkat, rose to the rank of General.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

LT, were HKS and Kalkat panned on account of their (lack of) professional expertise or were they just twits (by personality)?
                            Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

Originally posted by Archer
                              LT, were HKS and Kalkat panned on account of their (lack of) professional expertise or were they just twits (by personality)?
                              Harkerat Singh was great at organising parties, and Kalkat was good at commanding rifle coys and platoons as the IPKF Cdr. They had reached their level of incompetence before that and should have only commanded state NCC HQs.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X