Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel leader 'killed' in Chechnya

Rebel leader 'killed' in Chechnya

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5089942.stm

Quote:
    Chechen separatist rebel leader Abdul-Khalim Saydullayev has been killed in a police operation, the pro-Moscow government says.

Police had located him in the town of Argun and he had been killed in a gun battle when they moved in, said Chechen cabinet minister Muslim Khuchiyev.

No comment from the rebels was immediately available.

Mr Saydullayev was appointed in 2005 to replace Aslan Maskhadov after the rebel president died in a Russian attack.

Details of his death are still being investigated, Mr Khuchiyev added.

Chechen Prime Minister Ramzan Kadyrov welcomed the news as "a severe blow" to the separatists.

"The terrorists have been virtually beheaded... and they are never going to recover from it," he told Russian news agencies.

Though appointed leader, Mr Saydullayev was a relatively obscure figure, correspondents say.

He used to make religious programmes for the separatists' TV station and speeches he released as leader are couched in Islamist language.

He was much less prominent than veteran separatist commander Shamil Basayev who appeared on a rebel website last week in what was billed as a new video.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Probably one of the most stupid mistakes the Russki did was to kill Aslan Maskhadov. He was a moderate and commanded respect amongst the Chechens. Killing him paved the way for pigs like Shamil Basayev to "extremize" their movement....
    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
      Probably one of the most stupid mistakes the Russki did was to kill Aslan Maskhadov. He was a moderate and commanded respect amongst the Chechens. Killing him paved the way for pigs like Shamil Basayev to "extremize" their movement....
      He was the murderer and the terrorist. Many explosions and murders have been accomplished with its assistance and on its command. He deserves only one - death (and to burn eternally in a hell).

Comment

Originally posted by Firral
        He was the murderer and the terrorist. Many explosions and murders have been accomplished with its assistance and on its command. He deserves only one - death (and to burn eternally in a hell).
        He also crawled the riverbank and carefully sharpened his knife.

Maskhadov was also known to strangle lil' puppies & kittens.

Someday Vladimir Putin will reveal his true form as the benevolent angel sent to earth to exterminate the "monkey's" that threatened all the peaceloving human beings on earth.

Comment

Gee... evil commie-comrade-whatever-Russkies... how dare thay deal with terrorists and separatists in their own country! Mashadov was a fine man, a humanitarian.. now thay will have to deal with somewhat lesser humanitarian Basayev - but hey, he is a heroic rebel - and a romantic one. But Russians are dictatorship and old soviet-style propaganda lovers... that's why they believe stalinist Putin...
          Last edited by kNikS; 21 Jun 06,, 20:45.

Comment

Originally posted by kNikS
            Gee... evil commie-comrade-whatever-Russkies... how dare thay deal with terrorists and separatists in their own country! Mashadov was a fine man, a humanitarian.. now thay will have to deal with somewhat lesser humanitarian Basayev - but hey, he is a heroic rebel - and a romantic one. But Russians are dictatorship and old soviet-style propaganda lovers... that's why they believe stalinist Putin...
            Dude I can see that you are being sarcastic but I stand corrected. Maskhadove is way better than Basayev....
            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
              Dude I can see that you are being sarcastic but I stand corrected. Maskhadove is way better than Basayev....
              They are terrorists, more or less bad, it makes no difference.

Comment

They are terrorists, more or less bad, it makes no difference.
                We're all aware where that mentality by the Serbs and the Russians occupying Chechnya or sitting in the Kremlin has lead to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
                  We're all aware where that mentality by the Serbs and the Russians occupying Chechnya or sitting in the Kremlin has lead to.

I shall remind you history. Since 1996 for 1999 the Chechen Republic actually was the independent state. Idiot Eltsyn "has agreed" with " fighters for freedom ". At this time in it there were no Russian armies, Russian militia and so on.
                  However during this period there was the most enormous quantity of abductions and murders of people. And Chechen " fighters for freedom " have attacked Dagestan in 1999. What for? Who did not allow them to live freely?
                  Any more there will be no negotiations. If one terrorist is involved in murder 50 person, he is not better than another which is involved in murder 150 person.
                  Unfortunately Maskhadov it is involved in murder not " puppies and kittens ". Its victims it is people as I or as you.

Comment

What we are aware is that you supported terrorists in Kosovo in '99. And what we are also aware is that you are supporting them even now.

Oh... and please, before start talking about human rights and democracy, check a bit who started to set bombs in cafes, who started to kill civilians, who banished hundreds of thousands of them, who kidnapped and killed few thousands of them, who burned thousands of houses, who demolished graveyards, churches and monasteries, who set bombs in buses, who started to kill children bathing in a river, to cut throats of whole families in isolated villages... who did this before and for seven years after your arrival. And who will give independence to those people inspite of all that.

But no, that didn't reach CNN, that's why that didn't happen. That's why we are stranglers of lil' puppies and kittens and that's why you are benevolent angels sent to earth to exterminate the "monkey's" that threatened all the peaceloving human beings on earth. Starting from Richard Holbrook in socks [stockings?] sitting on a floor with a bunch of murderers.

Comment

What we are aware is that you supported terrorists in Kosovo in '99. And what we are also aware is that you are supporting them even now.
                      That's a foregone conclusion. And every USAF & Nato Pilot that bombed the Serb's back to the stone age can't all be wrong.

Oh... and please, before start talking about human rights and democracy, check a bit who started to set bombs in cafes, who started to kill civilians, who banished hundreds of thousands of them, who kidnapped and killed few thousands of them, who burned thousands of houses, who demolished graveyards, churches and monasteries, who set bombs in buses, who started to kill children bathing in a river, to cut throats of whole families in isolated villages... who did this before and for seven years after your arrival. And who will give independence to those people inspite of all that.
                      Wasn't Maskhadov who unleashed the "black widows" on Russia or invaded Dagestan. That was all the work of Basayev. And a single-double error-hypocracy by Putin and his flunkies -like the guy who dissed Condaleeza Rice- calling Maskhadov, and Ahmad Zakayev "terrorists".

..and is Russia still mad that England gave Ahmad Zakayev amnesty, and wouldn't place kick him back to Russia? Tony Blair is just as rotten for that as Colin Powell is for saying not all the factions in Chechnya are bad.

But no, that didn't reach CNN, that's why that didn't happen. That's why we are stranglers of lil' puppies and kittens and that's why you are benevolent angels sent to earth to exterminate the "monkey's" that threatened all the peaceloving human beings on earth. Starting from Richard Holbrook in socks [stockings?] sitting on a floor with a bunch of murderers.

Hmm. Didn't quite get my sarcastic comments based apon Russia's "war on terror" and the racist slur Russians call Chechens now did you?

P.s. I am wondering...between Kniks and the group of Serbs who picked a fight with an equally large group of United States Marines in a club called the Tropica, in the Kosovo town of Split, and succeeded in getting Americans banned from that club -despite getting messed up worse than the club itself did.

And between all the die-hard Russian's here, and that tool on WT who called himself frogfoot...are there any decent representivies of the Serbs and Russians anywhere!?
                      Last edited by Lunatock; 22 Jun 06,, 20:59.

Comment

That's a foregone conclusion.
                        No, that’s fundamental. What were they doing is terrorism by definition.

And every USAF & Nato Pilot that bombed the Serb's back to the stone age can't all be wrong.
                        Oh I see now. That’s because they are NATO and USAF... no way that they could be wrong... No way that they were backing people who are islamic and fascist terrorist and separatists, involved in sex trafficking, greatest drug dealers in Europe and war criminals as well... and few more cute thingies that might be put as their attributes.

And... IIRC Greek pilots refused to fly.

Let me ask you something. I have the impression that you are pretty satisfied with that bombing, as well as the fact about surviving Mujahedeens that fought Bosnian Serbs that you mentioned in other thread. Do I have a right impression?

Wasn't Maskhadov who unleashed the "black widows" on Russia or invaded Dagestan. That was all the work of Basayev. And a single-double error-hypocracy by Putin and his flunkies -like the guy who dissed Condaleeza Rice- calling Maskhadov, and Ahmad Zakayev "terrorists".

..and is Russia still mad that England gave Ahmad Zakayev amnesty, and wouldn't place kick him back to Russia? Tony Blair is just as rotten for that as Colin Powell is for saying not all the factions in Chechnya are bad.
                        I wasn’t talking about Russia, I was talking about what Albanians in Kosovo were/are doing… I guess that only thing that some group has to do to earn US sympathies is to be hostile to some other group related to Russians or Russians themselves.

Hmm. Didn't quite get my sarcastic comments based apon Russia's "war on terror" and the racist slur Russians call Chechens now did you?
                        I did. But you didn't quite get my sarcastic comment about your earlier statement.

P.s. I am wondering...between Kniks and the group of Serbs who picked a fight with an equally large group of United States Marines in a club called the Tropica, in the Kosovo town of Split, and succeeded in getting Americans banned from that club -despite getting messed up worse than the club itself did.
                        *sigh* Split is not in Kosovo. It is not even in Serbia. It is in Croatia.

All this says something about your effort to learn about things that are different from CNN-style propaganda. But of course, I would be quite naïve to expect that.

And between all the die-hard Russian's here, and that tool on WT who called himself frogfoot...are there any decent representivies of the Serbs and Russians anywhere!?
                        I will give detailed reply on this statement later… but now, care to tell me what should "decent representative of the Serbs" look like?

Comment

[QUOTE=kNikS]No, that’s fundamental. What were they doing is terrorism by definition.

Oh I see now. That’s because they are NATO and USAF... no way that they could be wrong...
                          That's a risky opinion to have with a large group of this boards coffers.

No way that they were backing people who are islamic and fascist terrorist and separatists, involved in sex trafficking, greatest drug dealers in Europe and war criminals as well... and few more cute thingies that might be put as their attributes.
                          Well if your going to have an ally, like the KLA, Northern Alliance, ect. It might be better if they don't skip around and throw flower petals from a bucket thier carrying.

And... IIRC Greek pilots refused to fly.
                          Not everyone is in the coalition of the willing. Guess they took the flower bucket & started skipping.

Let me ask you something. I have the impression that you are pretty satisfied with that bombing, as well as the fact about surviving Mujahedeens that fought Bosnian Serbs that you mentioned in other thread. Do I have a right impression?
                          A few Kosovo muj I've heard of. Namely two retired Marines who converted and joined up with the KLA. And there was a legendary Muj commander from the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan who was also a Muj commander in Kosovo against the Serbs.

I wasn’t talking about Russia, I was talking about what Albanians in Kosovo were/are doing… I guess that only thing that some group has to do to earn US sympathies is to be hostile to some other group related to Russians or Russians themselves.
                          Should I recant on what I said about Colin Powell and Tony Blair, and instead label them the "British Bandit" and "The Jamaican-American Wahabbi"? Like the Russian always say, bandits and wahabbis.

Without doing into detail about Powell wanting to be a bandit or vice versa...

I did. But you didn't quite get my sarcastic comment about your earlier statement.
                          Look out world this ones a thinker!

*sigh* Split is not in Kosovo. It is not even in Serbia. It is in Croatia.

All this says something about your effort to learn about things that are different from CNN-style propaganda. But of course, I would be quite naïve to expect that.
                          Guess again. All the info I gathered was from one of the Marines that was chilling at the Tropica when those Serbs walked in and asked the USMC for the ass whooping they so desperately wanted, and received.

I will give detailed reply on this statement later… but now, care to tell me what should "decent representative of the Serbs" look like?
                          Looks nothing. I was referring to actions.
                          Last edited by Lunatock; 23 Jun 06,, 18:08.

Comment

That's a risky opinion to have with a large group of this boards coffers.
                            Risky or not, it doesn’t says anything about its validity.

Well if your going to have an ally, like the KLA, Northern Alliance, ect. It might be better if they don't skip around and throw flower petals from a bucket thier carrying.
                            Gee… it’s better to pick terrorists than the country they are fighting against. But wait the second.. it’s a Russia related country. It makes sense now.

Not everyone is in the coalition of the willing. Guess they took the flower bucket & started skipping.
                            It’s more likely that they were aware who are the guys they are supposed to help.

A few Kosovo muj I've heard of. Namely two retired Marines who converted and joined up with the KLA. And there was a legendary Muj commander from the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan who was also a Muj commander in Kosovo against the Serbs.
                            So, do you like their “accomplishments”?

Should I recant on what I said about Colin Powell and Tony Blair, and instead label them the "British Bandit" and "The Jamaica-American Taliban?"
                            Point is that you supported the terrorists (though Powell has nothing to do with that), over the security forces of the country dealing with them on its own territory. By putting an simple “Russian” etiquette.

And BTW I don’t see it that dramatic for calling minister of some country bandit, but just the fact that he accomplishes interests of its own country doesn’t instantly make it right. And certainly not the fact that they’re right because they are yours.

Look out world this ones a thinker!
                            OMG! A thinker! But that’s impossible! He’s a Serb! They are a lower race! They are those evil creatures that live in packs [communists?] and who are feeding on carcasses of peace loving Albanians!

Guess again. All the info I gathered was from one of the Marines that was chilling at the Tropica when those Serbs walked in and asked the USMC for the ass whooping they so desperately wanted, and received.
                            Don’t know who isn’t too versed with geography either you or the marines… But if we are talking about dick measuring I might mention those British soldiers that have gotten some ass whooping in some bar in Macedonia.. but I don’t give nearly much significance to it as you do. And certaily not in context of educating myself about some foreign country.

Looks nothing. I was referring to actions.
                            *rolleyes* What actions are needed/not needed?
                            Last edited by kNikS; 23 Jun 06,, 21:43.

Comment

I have to reply on this one additionally.

Well if your going to have an ally, like the KLA, Northern Alliance, ect.
                              With this statement, you put my people in the same basket with Talibans. And in addition to that Talibans or Mujahedins from Afghanistan (opponents of Northern Alliance you mentioned, just for the record) were present in Kosovo, fighting against forces of my country. Or more accurately, “fighting” civilians. In other words, it’s now acceptable to have Islamic terrorists as allies.

Now, in one other thread, to be precise, in one about Maskhadov’s death you mentioned “inability or lack of effort in discerning the difference between people defending their homeland and terrorist that kill innocent people”. In he case of Kosovo this could be applied few different ways.

First, whose homeland is Kosovo and who is defender here? Kosovo is a Serbian land for a millennium. So it’s I literally our homeland. Ok, if we consider that Albanians in last fifty years or so had a great demographic superiority over Serbs in that region, they might feel that it is their homeland too, but that doesn’t give them right to took it from Serbs, which is actually the thing that they wanted. And it is the fact that Serbs aren’t the ones who started killing their neighbors, in other words they are people defending their homeland. And as we know, Albanian militant groups are the ones that were killing innocent civilians. In other words they were terrorists. And all this raises the question – who was unable or unwilling to see the difference you are mentioning?

Second, let’s focus on Albanian population. I would like to know a village, heck, a family that didn’t supported “fight” of their husbands, brothers or sons. Or to be specific their terrorism, since that is the name of their activity. Surely, there were some of them that remembered that they lived with Serbs, but those were quickly forced to leave, killed or frightened (which is btw by definition one of the goals of terorism) together with the Serbs they were supporting. So what method* to use when your MUP (Ministry of interior) unit is chasing terrorist group into the village with prepared trenches and bunkers, with majority of men ready to fight you and their families hiding or supporting them? Or equally often – used as human shields? That’s the great propaganda asset. Just throw few of your own combat kills and eventually dead civilians and start whining about massacre, that would certainly draw somebody’s attention. And finally, the second question – how to learn the difference between people defending their homeland** and terrorist killing civilians under these circumstances?

*If I would have to comment the method that we have chosen to solve such situation, it was certainly the wrong one, especially considering that earlier communist governments failed to prevent popularization of separatism and terrorism (actually it's pretty debatable did they even tried). And especially knowing that somebody who's attention has been drawn, is seeking for a reason to pick the opposite side.

**Even if we accept the fact that this is their homeland (which is untrue) this is not a right term. By the law, helping terrorists is criminal activity as well.
                              Last edited by kNikS; 24 Jun 06,, 09:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X