• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zarqawi domicile issue: UP may order CID probe

Zarqawi domicile issue: UP may order CID probe

United News of India

Lucknow, June 15, 2006

UP may order CID probe into Zarqawi domicile certificate issue Lucknow, June 15 (UNI) Taking a stern view of reports that mediapersons had managed a fake domicile certificate in the name of slain al-Qaeda leader Abu Musab-al Zarqawi, the Uttar Pradesh government may order a CID probe into the issue.

Reporters of a leading Hindi daily had managed a fake domicile certificate in the name of the terror head.

The certificate allows the slain terrorist to get Rs 500 per month as unemployment allowance by the Utter Pradesh government from tomorrow.

Taking a serious note, the government was likely to order a probe by the Crime Branch-CID to bust the official-interim diary network active in various districts of the state.

A senior state Home department official said there were views within the government to order a CID probe into the entire gamut.

State chief secretary Navin Chandra Bajpai, meanwhile, directed district level officials to look into the matter.

Yesterday, officials went into a tizzy after the daily produced pictures of the fake certificate. The certificate shows Zarqawi as a resident of A-1, Jal Sansthan Colony, Water Works Road, Lucknow.

The controversial certificate was attested by two gazetted officers, secretary, state transport Jamshed Alam Siddiqui and deputy transport commissioner Rajendra Prasad, both of whom have testified to have known Zarqawi for several years.

Besides, notary KK Jaiswal and a lawyer, PK Singh, too were involved for getting the affidavit cleared.

The affidavit carrying Zarqawi's photograph comes with a seal "Valid for unemployment allowance only.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...0600030007.htm

How could this have slipped from intelligence?
    Last edited by Neo; 15 Jun 06,, 21:57.

Comment

lol... thats quite a hilarious story... now people are exploiting this dead terrorist... lol, I guess atleast someone can profit from this monkey...

and Neo, I don't really think it slipped from intelligence, thats why the CID probe is launched and I seriously hope all the corrupt officials who managed to get this through are caught and punished... not that it's gonna improve the corrupt system, but atleast every little matters...
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Nothing new.

So many Pakistanis and Bangladeshis have Indian passports. Hyderabad, Mumbai, Lucknow and Calcutta repeatedly surfaces with such events. I am sure that even some Nigerians (who are doing well posing as students but in actuality drug pushers) in India may whip out an Indian Passport!

There are all sorts of "vested interests" in various departments of the bureaucracy that it ceases to create any wonderment.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
        X