PDA

View Full Version : Saddam spit on G.I., promptly slugged

Ironduke
22 Dec 03,, 04:53
Sunday, Dec. 21, 2003
EXCLUSIVE: SADDAM HUSSEIN SPIT ON A G.I. AS HE WAS HANDCUFFED LAST WEEK OUTSIDE HIS SPIDER HOLE, U.S. GOVERNMENT SOURCES TELL TIME - SOLDIER PROMPTLY SLUGGED SADDAM

New York U.S. government sources familiar with the accounts given by troops who helped capture Saddam Hussein tell TIME that the fallen dictator apparently made one feeble attempt at defiance, TIME's Timothy Burger and Phil Zabriskie report. As soldiers were handcuffing him after he was extracted from his "spider hole," these sources say, Saddam spit on his captor.

As the incident was reported by the military, according to a U.S. source, a soldier promptly slugged the old tyrant -- probably the first time in more than two decades that Saddam was powerless to exact lethal revenge on someone who stood up to him.

An official military spokeswoman in Iraq claims no knowledge of the incident. "I think this is an urban legend," she says. But the full story is yet to be told. A U.S. intelligence official, meanwhile, casts doubt on another widely reported tale: that a U.S. soldier hailed the nemesis of two Commanders in Chief named George Bush by saying: "Regards from President Bush." This person says some officials suspect the story is "apocryphal."

The full text of the story will be on TIME.com Sunday evening.

http://www.time.com/time/press_releases/printout/0,8816,565992,00.html

ChrisF202
22 Dec 03,, 19:59
Too bad he dident slug him a bit hard

Leader
22 Dec 03,, 21:45
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Confed999
23 Dec 03,, 00:03
Good!

Lunatock
23 Dec 03,, 00:37
Originally posted by Ironman
Sunday, Dec. 21, 2003
EXCLUSIVE: SADDAM HUSSEIN SPIT ON A G.I. AS HE WAS HANDCUFFED LAST WEEK OUTSIDE HIS SPIDER HOLE, U.S. GOVERNMENT SOURCES TELL TIME - SOLDIER PROMPTLY SLUGGED SADDAM

Just like last weeks episode of RAW. Guess they were right when they said don't try this at home.

ChrisF202
23 Dec 03,, 02:53
Originally posted by Lunatock
Just like last weeks episode of RAW. Guess they were right when they said don't try this at home.
lmao

smilingassassin
24 Dec 03,, 14:46
I'm surprized they didn't throw him back down that hole and threw a nade in it!
:LOL :clap:

TopHatter
25 Dec 03,, 20:56
I'm voting for urban legend, although that greeting "Regards from President Bush" seems to be generally regarded as true.

Leader
25 Dec 03,, 21:32
Originally posted by TopHatter
I'm voting for urban legend, although that greeting "Regards from President Bush" seems to be generally regarded as true.

That comment is so classic. Like right out of an epic novel. In fact, this whole thing has a certain Shakespearian quality to it.

TopHatter
25 Dec 03,, 21:57
I've heard other versions of the story put the wording this way: "President Bush sends his regards".
A little less stilted (and Shakesperean) than "Regards from President Bush" perhaps, but a little more likely, IMHO.