Do Not Put Your Lord To The Test...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Not Put Your Lord To The Test...

KIEV, Ukraine - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in the Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure, a zoo official said Monday.

“The man shouted, ‘God will save me, if he exists,’ lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions,” the official said.

“A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery.”

The incident on Sunday evening, when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an "animal island" protected by thick concrete blocks.

Apparently somebody tried to reenact the incident where Daniel was thrown into the lions' den and escaped unharmed. Didn't work out so well for this guy...
    Last edited by leib10; 07 Jun 06,, 07:24.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Darwin, Darwin, Darwin

Comment

Someone should have told that man - "God looks after fools and soldiers, but not idiots".

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Now see a Buddhist would have quietly snuck into the lion's den, sat in a corner and meditated going unnoticed and have gotten out alive...

Christians take note.

;)
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

But if attacked, a Buddhist would've stayed there and let the lion eat him alive without even fighting back. ;)
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
            But if attacked, a Buddhist would've stayed there and let the lion eat him alive without even fighting back. ;)
            Nah. He'd have been so deep in meditation the Buddhist would not have even known.

That is only if the other Buddhists did not free the lions from their unnatural living conditions first wreaking havoc in the park, but saving the buddhist in the lions cage.
            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I'm reminded of a joke

During the floods in Alberta, a man was sitting in his front porch watching the water rise. A boat came by and offerred to take him to safety.

To which the man replied, "No, no, I've been a good God fearing man. I've been to Church. I did good. The Heavens will take care of me."

Well, the boat left, having more people to rescue who wants to be rescue.

Hours later, the man was on the 2nd floor with the river rising faster. A second boat came and tried to take him.

"No, no, I've been a good God fearing man. I've been to Church. I did good. The Heavens will take care of me."

Later, the water reached the roof line and he was sitting on top of his chimney. A helicopter came by and lowered the rope. "This is your last chance. No one is coming back. Get up now."

"No, no, I've been a good God fearing man. I've been to Church. I did good. The Heavens will take care of me."

The chopper left.

Well, sure enough, the man drowned and in Heaven, he was steaming mad. He stormed up to the St Peter and demanded answers.

"Look! I've been a good God fearing man. I've been to Church. I did good. Why didn't you take care of me?"

To which St Peters replied, "What are you talking about? We sent you two boats and a helicopter."

Comment

Not in the Bible, but:

God helps those who help themselves...

Comment

"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
                  " 'He will command his angels concerning you,
                  and they will lift you up in their hands,
                  so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.' "

Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' " Matthew 4:7
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

the bdhist would have turned on the kung fu and kicked the loins ass, after which meditating witht he loin for peace and karma and wayne rooney's foot and balance and whatever else buddhists meditate for

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                      "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
                      " 'He will command his angels concerning you,
                      and they will lift you up in their hands,
                      so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.' "

Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' " Matthew 4:7

AG:
                      Are you serious about that avatar? That thing is going to give me nightmares!!

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                        To which St Peters replied, "What are you talking about? We sent you two boats and a helicopter."
                        ROTFL!!!!
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal

AG:

;)
                          Hard to say. Depends on how evil I'm feeling. Evilness index currently at 6 (out of possible 10). Note: evilness index is logarithmic. My average evil is about 3, so I'm about 1000 times more evil than normal right now. Again, mwuhahahaha. BTW, there needs to be an evil grin smily available. Oh well, maybe this will do >)

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal

AG:

Bah! I've got one scarier than that!

Ready?

sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

You, my friend, have no sense of decency whatever. That image is burned into my psyche now. Thanks. A lot. For nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X