Classic American Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic American Cars

Guy's I've come up with a business idea and wanted to know what you think.

In the USA is thier a demand for classic american cars?

Because i was thinking I'd get them from Cuba (the bodies only), export them to the UK as scrap metal and then export it to the US as scrap metal (much less custom than as a car), then sell them there in the USA. I heard enthusiasts buy engines for them and fit them there so there is a demand for them, is that correct?

Originally posted by platinum786
    Guy's I've come up with a business idea and wanted to know what you think.

In the USA is thier a demand for classic american cars?

Because i was thinking I'd get them from Cuba (the bodies only), export them to the UK as scrap metal and then export it to the US as scrap metal (much less custom than as a car), then sell them there in the USA. I heard enthusiasts buy engines for them and fit them there so there is a demand for them, is that correct?
    A top notch classic american muscle car can go for as much as $500,000 or more US dollars. I doubt there are very many at all worth the hassle in Cuba(if any).

Comment

There are hobbyists who restore old cars. However, if it's just the body and frame they won't pay more than domestic junkyard price for it. You won't recover your shipping expenses.

It's the detail parts that restores the car to near its original looks that expensive and time consuming. Dashboards, pedals, steering wheels, gear shift levers, seats, upholstery, bumpers, chrome plating, lacquer painting, etc. The parts is where the money is or being skilled in one of the restoration trades (sheet metal, upholsterer, welder, etc.).
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

A business I've long been trying to get in is to purchase damaged American cars. I hear Americans who bang their car up sell it dirt cheap since repairing in America is almost as expensive as buying a new one.

In Dubai repairing costs are cheaper. Some people became millionaires over night once they set up an outfit to import cars (just 5% custom duty on them), repair them here for like another $1000 and sell it for twice the price they paid in buying, restoring and shipping it here.

Need some street smart suppliers in America for that. People who can make sure the Chasis is not damaged, rusty, repainted, etc. And the ability to export in bulk. We both drive left hand so thats a plus side to it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
          A business I've long been trying to get in is to purchase damaged American cars. I hear Americans who bang their car up sell it dirt cheap since repairing in America is almost as expensive as buying a new one.

In Dubai repairing costs are cheaper. Some people became millionaires over night once they set up an outfit to import cars (just 5% custom duty on them), repair them here for like another $1000 and sell it for twice the price they paid in buying, restoring and shipping it here.

Need some street smart suppliers in America for that. People who can make sure the Chasis is not damaged, rusty, repainted, etc. And the ability to export in bulk. We both drive left hand so thats a plus side to it all.
          we should talk bro, i know plenty of places you can buy top cars which have recived heavy damage and thus are considered more expensive to repair than to replace by UK standards, you can get these cars dirt cheap.

Rustybattleship; what i mean is the whole car, all of it, apart from the engine, if a car isn't running you can claim it's scrap and take it as a whole piece...then obviously ship it to the UK and then the US, because the cubans stillr un these cars as they are but with foreign engines which have available parts like Nissan or Toyota Engines...

Comment

Working...
          X