I got some database error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got some database error?

I followed a link from an email notif. And I got a database error. Refreshed after two minutes and it worked again.
    I rant, therefore I am.

Originally posted by srirangan
    I followed a link from an email notif. And I got a database error. Refreshed after two minutes and it worked again.
    Definitely odd, though if it eventually did work within a few minutes, it's hard to track down. Sounds like an Internet "hiccup".

Now, if it stopped working entirely, then we'd have a problem.

Let us know if it happens again.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Gremlins?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
        Gremlins?
        Yes, either Stripe or Mohawk. Not sure which yet. I'll keep you informed.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Hasn't happened again so far. Must be a hiccup, or I caught the mysql server between restarts.
          I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

On Friday mid-morning NZST (GMT + 12) I got "Client has exceeded bandwidth" for about an hour or more.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
              On Friday mid-morning NZST (GMT + 12) I got "Client has exceeded bandwidth" for about an hour or more.
              Yeah, we had a bandwidth quota of 100GB per month set on this site which it exceeded due to the rapid growth the site has experienced in the past few months. We have bumped the bandwidth quota up to 200GB now.

World Affairs Board has seen dramatic growth in the past few months with May 2006 being our busiest month ever with 17,372 new posts being made and 210 new members joining the community. By comparison for the same period last year (May 2005) we saw 8,300 new posts and 117 new members joining the community.

With nearly 3,500 members (which we will easily exceed this month) WAB has overtaken many of the other forums which were setup long before WAB was in its current form in terms of membership base.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of the community!

Comment

Wow, that's something!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Get a dedicated sports subforum here. It will increase the membership manifolds. Soccerpulse.com has more than 40,000+ members. Sorry its now more than 50,000+ & this is the link http://www.soccerpulse.com/forum/index.php
                  Last edited by indianguy4u; 03 Jun 06,, 17:21.
                  Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                    Yeah, we had a bandwidth quota of 100GB per month set on this site which it exceeded due to the rapid growth the site has experienced in the past few months. We have bumped the bandwidth quota up to 200GB now.

World Affairs Board has seen dramatic growth in the past few months with May 2006 being our busiest month ever with 17,372 new posts being made and 210 new members joining the community. By comparison for the same period last year (May 2005) we saw 8,300 new posts and 117 new members joining the community.

With nearly 3,500 members (which we will easily exceed this month) WAB has overtaken many of the other forums which were setup long before WAB was in its current form in terms of membership base.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of the community!
                    If you guys are happy to bump up the bandwidth, we're happy to fill it
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by indianguy4u
                      Get a dedicated sports subforum here. It will increase the membership manifolds. Soccerpulse.com has more than 40,000+ members. Sorry its now more than 50,000+ & this is the link http://www.soccerpulse.com/forum/index.php
                      I am not sure if that is an area we would want to enter just for the sake of trying to increase the membership base. I think it is best we try and focus WAB on a niche instead of trying to play home to every man and his dog type of thing. It looks like SoccerPulse are doing a great job of covering sports though.
                      Sounds good to me... :)

Comment

All we need is a few more Indian and Pakistanis. No wait, get in Afghans and Bangladeshi's too. And then Nepalese and Lankans.
                        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                        X