PDA

View Full Version : China unveils new aircraft carrier...

PubFather
02 Jun 06,, 17:34
She looks like a beauty.... ;)

TopHatter
02 Jun 06,, 17:38
Pretty big drydock. Is that in Shanghai?

percentage_plyr
02 Jun 06,, 17:46
looks like somebody"s bathroom!

TopHatter
02 Jun 06,, 17:51
looks like somebody"s bathroom!
Pretty sure that's a large drydock.

Tronic
02 Jun 06,, 17:55
lol, it's LEGO!!!

TopHatter
02 Jun 06,, 17:57
lol, it's LEGO!!!
Are you blind? That's a carrier and a destroyer in drydock.

Tronic
02 Jun 06,, 18:14
lol, are you blind??? thats Lego!!!

Vepr
02 Jun 06,, 18:24
Are you blind? That's a carrier and a destroyer in drydock.
No thats really a lego. Its in someones room. The A/c is CVN 75 with F-18 and f-14s and NG Hawkeye.

TopHatter
02 Jun 06,, 18:49
lol, are you blind??? thats Lego!!!

No thats really a lego. Its in someones room. The A/c is CVN 75 with F-18 and f-14s and NG Hawkeye.

Heh heh heh...sorry guys, just couldn't resist tweaking a few tails. :tongue:

Vepr
02 Jun 06,, 19:01

I guess one can sell anything by calling it new chinese weapon.
No offense to Chinese but there is indeed a lot of misinformation on the www nowadays

TopHatter
02 Jun 06,, 19:08
I guess one can sell anything by calling it new chinese weapon.
No offense to Chinese but there is indeed a lot of misinformation on the www nowadays
With apologies to Officer of Engineers:

I swear that Lego has got to be the largest arms manufacturer in China

:biggrin:

PubFather
02 Jun 06,, 19:40
One of the new Kilo class subs as well (sorry, its a large satellite image)...

TopHatter
02 Jun 06,, 19:51
One of the new Kilo class subs as well (sorry, its a large satellite image)...
Now THAT is a genuine image.

ArmchairGeneral
02 Jun 06,, 20:43
Good grief. The cost of that Lego set is probably comparable to the price tag of an actual carrier. That thing's got to be six feet long.

PubFather
02 Jun 06,, 21:57
Now THAT is a genuine image.
Yeah - lots of people thought it was an SSN - idiots... anyone can see its a Kilo class in Shanghai harbour...

Tronic
02 Jun 06,, 22:23
lol... looks like an SSN to me... but i guess i'm wrong... lol

Archer
02 Jun 06,, 22:27
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS: See how seriously they responded!!

TopHatter
02 Jun 06,, 23:22
Yeah - lots of people thought it was an SSN - idiots... anyone can see its a Kilo class in Shanghai harbour...
Clearly.

PubFather
03 Jun 06,, 00:17
It shows a lack of understanding....some peeps wouldnt know an SSK if it appeared in front of them...

Btw - thanks TH for moving the thread. Wasnt sure where to post it lol

Bill
03 Jun 06,, 00:38

I will NEVER forget the time one of the posters at my forum posted faked pix of a US "Stealth Spy Plane"*, only to have some kid in CHINA post the SAME pictures on WakiPak(Pakistanidefense.com) under the thread title "New Secret Chinese Stealth Plane" a few months later..

*- I of course knew but said nothing as the buzz around the net grew and daily website hits increased by a peak of about 1000%, lololol. Guy still posts on my site, ended up selling his story to a modeling mag and got himself a nice little payday, lololol.

anand1266
03 Jun 06,, 07:52

is this china's indegenous aircraft carrier or purchased ? and guys can u see which aircrafts are lined up on the dock?

Ray
03 Jun 06,, 14:37
Lol!

Bill
03 Jun 06,, 15:05
is this china's indegenous aircraft carrier or purchased ? and guys can u see which aircrafts are lined up on the dock?

It's F-14s, F-18s, E-2Cs, and i think even some A-6 Intruders.

LOL...

Amled
03 Jun 06,, 15:42
If the doom-sayers are correct, and the next major conflict will involve China vs. the US, the crunch will come when the Lego built Chinese fleet meet up with the Martel built US fleet.
Covert operations will be carried out by a highly trained unit of GI-Joes, Barbie and her friends will be drafted in to provide USO entertainment for the troops.

HistoricalDavid
03 Jun 06,, 16:09
Don't discount the Micro Machines. They're armed with butter cookie/cabbage warheads.

TopHatter
03 Jun 06,, 17:02
If the doom-sayers are correct, and the next major conflict will involve China vs. the US, the crunch will come when the Lego built Chinese fleet meet up with the Martel built US fleet.
Actually there has already been a Chinese deriviative of the American A-10 Warthog, with VTOL capability.
I've found some prototype pictures on the web, note the state-of-the-art defensive gun turret.

Amled
03 Jun 06,, 18:36
Looks like the war has already started.

P.S. THL don't let your roommate see this.
The Horrors of War! :eek:

ChrisF202
04 Jun 06,, 00:52
Oh man, I wish I had pics of my lego navy ships (I only had some custom made patrol vessels and armed police boats). Due to the lack of gray they had a cool camo scheme of all different colors mixed.