• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian mom pleas to keep her son at Gitmo

Interesting little snippet here.

story.news.yahoo.com/news...anamo_dc_1

Russian Mother Pleads for Son to Stay in Guantanamo
    Fri Aug 8,10:08 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian mother said that conditions in Russian jails are so awful that she would prefer her son remain in the "humane" conditions of the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay.

A number of governments, including Russia's, are in talks with the United States to extradite their nationals from the prison camp in Cuba, which was set up to house Taliban and al Qaeda suspects after the war in Afghanistan (news - web sites).

"I am terribly scared of a Russian prison or Russian court for my son," Amina Khasanova was quoted as saying by Gazeta newspaper on Friday.

"At Guantanamo they treat him humanely, the conditions are fine."

Her son Andrei Bakhitov is one of eight Russian detainees, and the newspaper quoted a letter he wrote to his mother.

"I think that there is not even a health resort in Russia on the level of this place," the letter said.

?

Probably Chechen. Alot of them have Slavicized names.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Jesus, i wouldn't want to be in a Russian jail the way she makes it sound.

Comment

how bad can it really be?? :roll:
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

SNIPER!

You just be a good lad, now, and run right over to PakDef and post this thing there as well. There's a good fellow, eh what?
          sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

His name sounds awfully Chechan. And there were reports of them at the battle at Tora Bora, mixed in with Taliban & Al-Qaeda.

Comment

Waki Pak has been screwing up my puter lately. That's why i stopped going there. Eats up all my system resources, and i have to reboot.

Screw that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                Waki Pak has been screwing up my puter lately. That's why i stopped going there. Eats up all my system resources, and i have to reboot.

Screw that, lol.
                Hmmm....
                That happened to me last night. Suppose we're being targeted? I use the computer at my office a lot, better protected.
                sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 2DREZQ

Screw that, lol.
                  Hmmm....
                  That happened to me last night. Suppose we're being targeted? I use the computer at my office a lot, better protected.
                  Eh. goodbye to it, if it's under attack becuase of some of the opinions held there. Our departure couldn't have been better timed.

And besides, it runs right alongside Rahul's advice, to not visit such extremist sites.

Comment

Aww. he's so cute & all alone. can we keep 'em?

Interesting little snippet here.

story.news.yahoo.com/news...anamo_dc_1

Russian Mother Pleads for Son to Stay in Guantanamo
                    Fri Aug 8,10:08 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian mother said that conditions in Russian jails are so awful that she would prefer her son remain in the "humane" conditions of the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay.

A number of governments, including Russia's, are in talks with the United States to extradite their nationals from the prison camp in Cuba, which was set up to house Taliban and al Qaeda suspects after the war in Afghanistan (news - web sites).

"I am terribly scared of a Russian prison or Russian court for my son," Amina Khasanova was quoted as saying by Gazeta newspaper on Friday.

"At Guantanamo they treat him humanely, the conditions are fine."

Her son Andrei Bakhitov is one of eight Russian detainees, and the newspaper quoted a letter he wrote to his mother.

"I think that there is not even a health resort in Russia on the level of this place," the letter said.
                    Russia wants him. So he's either Chechan, or a Russian Army deserter that got nabbed by U.S. Forces.

Wonder if they have an adoptian program, like the Humane Society. Andrei certainly would be a main topic of discussion when the Fam's gahtered for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

"Yeah. He was hanging around a Mosque, and wouldn't stop following me home." :D

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                      how bad can it really be?? :roll:
                      bad, really, really bad

Comment

Try taking the worst you'll find anywhere in the US, and multiply it by 3. That might be close.
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                          Try taking the worst you'll find anywhere in the US, and multiply it by 3. That might be close.
                          Basically Alcatraz times 10

Comment

Actually, Alcatraz isn't that bad if you don't mind being on an island with some of the worst people alive. And it must have sucked for the prisinors also...
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                            X