To what extent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To what extent...

was the Holocaust really Hitlers fault? Or was it that his vaugeness in orders was taken up by zealous and more evil underlings like Hess and others? Men such as the Nazi officials who controlled the newer polish areas of conquest ruled there like medieval barons. The same can be said for other areas. So...was it really Hitler or was it really not entirely his fault?
    [Wasting Space]

It was a collaborative effort throughout the upper echelons of the Nazi Party. There's plenty of documentation showing that all of them were culpable and aware of what was going on, it'll be interesting now that the German government has made the official records of the time available. Until that comes on line researching the Nuremburg Trials documentation will fill in the gaps for you.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Umm, Hess is not really a good example of Hitler's evil underlings. He defected in 1941.
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Trajan
        was the Holocaust really Hitlers fault? Or was it that his vaugeness in orders was taken up by zealous and more evil underlings like Hess and others? Men such as the Nazi officials who controlled the newer polish areas of conquest ruled there like medieval barons. The same can be said for other areas. So...was it really Hitler or was it really not entirely his fault?
        Hitler: "Gee I really hate those Jews. I wish we could wipe them all out. I think I'll order my army and secret police to kidnap them from all occupied lands and stick them in camps and work them to death. I leave the details up to you."

Simpering prancing Nazi f*ckknobs: "Jawohl!"

So yeah, I think it was pretty much Hitler's fault.

Geez, the questions people ask...

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
          Hitler: "Gee I really hate those Jews. I wish we could wipe them all out. I think I'll order my army and secret police to kidnap them from all occupied lands and stick them in camps and work them to death. I leave the details up to you."

Simpering prancing Nazi f*ckknobs: "Jawohl!"

So yeah, I think it was pretty much Hitler's fault.

Geez, the questions people ask...

-dale
          So you'd rather history remain vague and simple so we can all just point a finger and say 'He did it!' instead of finding every fact, even those concerning the involvement (in degrees) to certain evil events?
          [Wasting Space]

Comment

parihaka sniffs a scotch and pulls up a seat....
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Hitler (Best Claude Rains as Capt. Renault voice): "I' m shocked! Shocked to discover genocide going on here!"
              sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Working...
              X