The Anglosphere & hypothetical super-Superpowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anglosphere & hypothetical super-Superpowers

Should the Anglosphere unite and become one country, the modern world's first super-Superpower?
    Yes
    30.00%
    No
    10.00%
    Maybe
    0.00%
    I don't really care
    0.00%
    I'd rather defect from giving a serious answer and just call you a homosexual
    60.00%

Why on earth would we do that?

(edit) Would this include Guyana, Belize, Jamaica, or South Africa?
    Last edited by ArmchairGeneral; 23 May 06,, 03:35.
    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

He means ABCA.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
        Why on earth would we do that?

(edit) Would this include Guyana, Belize, Jamaica, or South Africa?
        Maybe South Africa? I don't think those other ones technically count as Anglosphere nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavrilo Princip
          Should the Anglosphere unite and become one country, the modern world's first super-Superpower?
          Unite against what? We already control the world ;)
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Must.

It will be such fun hearing English spoken in mutually unintelligible accents under one roof!

A wonderful gaggle it shall be!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hah! Can you picture it. A Canadian trying to talk to a Glaswegian with a Kiwi providing the translation.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                Hah! Can you picture it. A Canadian trying to talk to a Glaswegian with a Kiwi providing the translation.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

After 3 shots of single malt, what's the difference? The only question is whose going to buy the 1st round?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                    After 3 shots of single malt, what's the difference? The only question is whose going to buy the 1st round?
                    Well judging by previous experience, not the bloody Glaswegian anyway. Perhaps we should extend honorary Anglo-Saxon status to the Indians, they're practically kissing-cousins anyway, and make them buy the first round

Leibniz

Comment

You know, I would love to drag the Brigadier over to Chez Madoz. I would, of course, need a half a bottle of Lagavulin first.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                        You know, I would love to drag the Brigadier over to Chez Madoz. I would, of course, need a half a bottle of Lagavulin first.
                        Well you'd certainly not have a problem to get him on stage to sing ;)

Leibniz

Comment

Well you'd certainly not have a problem to get him on stage to sing ;)
                          Believe it or not, I used to sing in a restaurant and my Jailhouse Rock rendition was a hit!

Colonel, if it is Scotch, it is Blue label and if Single Malt, then it is Glenfiddich. I would only have that if I have to have hard liquor since I have given it up about 2 years ago, the day after the tsunami!

Thereafter, you can speak Canadian for all that I will understand. Yet, you will think I do for I shall have the glassy smile that beams on people during the Happy hour!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hey Princip, care to tell us why that screenname?

Comment

Originally posted by kNikS
                              Hey Princip, care to tell us why that screenname?
                              Because of this 'The Onion' story: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46458

Comment

Working...
                              X