PDA

View Full Version : Glich?

Gun Grape
21 May 06,, 04:21
While going through the board, I was suprised to see that I had posted on the F-14 vs F-18 thread on 5-16-06. When I opened the thread the post was actually dated way back in Dec.

At least no ones posting using my name :) However I do sometimes click on the board and have it say that I'm logged in. But it wont let me post until I actually log in for real, and all the post from me have been by me. Go figure.

TopHatter
21 May 06,, 04:24
I've seen a couple of odd glitches lately.
Nothing serious, but certainly enough to make you go "huh?" :confused:

I'll shoot a PM to the Admins/Chris later tonight and see if they can check it out.

Parihaka
21 May 06,, 10:45
While going through the board, I was suprised to see that I had posted on the F-14 vs F-18 thread on 5-16-06. When I opened the thread the post was actually dated way back in Dec.

At least no ones posting using my name :) However I do sometimes click on the board and have it say that I'm logged in. But it wont let me post until I actually log in for real, and all the post from me have been by me. Go figure.
Does the thread have a poll? If so, someone can vote and if you were the last to post on the thread your name will come up...

TopHatter
21 May 06,, 17:20
Does the thread have a poll? If so, someone can vote and if you were the last to post on the thread your name will come up...
Ah-ha! That was what I noticed.
Suddenly there was a dozen poll threads with very old comments popping up as new posts. Thanks Pari :cool:

TopHatter
23 May 06,, 15:12
Anybody noticing any other odd little glitches? Seems to be cleared up pretty good.

kNikS
23 May 06,, 16:54
Anybody noticing any other odd little glitches? Seems to be cleared up pretty good.
Things about Broken and senior membership that I asked you when you was still young. ;)

TopHatter
23 May 06,, 17:32
Things about Broken and senior membership that I asked you when you was still young. ;)
Broken? As in the member? As far as I know, he's been shown the door by a higher ranking person than me. :redface:

Senior member title isn't something I'm able to change as a mere moderator :frown:
I'll see what I can kick over though...might take a week or so. (But after waiting several months that shouldn't be a problem :redface: )

kNikS
23 May 06,, 17:43
Broken? As in the member? As far as I know, he's been shown the door by a higher ranking person than me. :redface:
Problem is that he is still on the member list and I occasionally see him here although he has title “Banned”.

Senior member title isn't something I'm able to change as a mere moderator :frown:
I'll see what I can kick over though...might take a week or so. (But after waiting several months that shouldn't be a problem :redface: )
IIRC correctly, I asked you how platinum786 isn’t senior member although he has more posts than for example hammer.

*sigh* Don’t worry, I understand that. I have an old grandmother.

TopHatter
23 May 06,, 17:47
Problem is that he is still on the member list and I occasionally see him here although he has title “Banned”.Actually, that is something I can handle. :)

IIRC correctly, I asked you how platinum786 isn’t senior member although he has more posts than for example hammer.

*sigh* Don’t worry, I understand that. I have an old grandmother.
I believe it's number of posts and number of days on the board.
Ironduke listed the requirements somewhere around here...
We'll figure something out for Plat :)

kNikS
23 May 06,, 18:34
According to Ironduke - 90 days and 750 posts. But reading discussion in the same thread it seems to be that there are no rules.

BTW, thread list in Colonel's corner, it lacks pages.

TopHatter
23 May 06,, 18:44
According to Ironduke - 90 days and 750 posts. But reading discussion in the same thread it seems to be that there are no rules.
Like I said, I'll see what I can kick loose. Gotta be something we can do about it. :)

BTW, thread list in Colonel's corner, it lacks pages.
Not sure what you mean on this one. :confused:
I see at least 4 threads with page listings next to the thread title like this:

Question for the the Colonel 1 2 3

Is that what you mean?

kNikS
23 May 06,, 18:58
Like I said, I'll see what I can kick loose. Gotta be something we can do about it. :) Oh, I didn't asked you to get me senior membership, just pointing some odd cases. :redface:

Not sure what you mean on this one. :confused:
I see at least 4 threads with page listings next to the thread title like this:

Question for the the Colonel 1 2 3

Is that what you mean?
No, there are more threads but there is no link that leads to them (at lest for me).

TopHatter
23 May 06,, 19:36
Oh, I didn't asked you to get me senior membership, just pointing some odd cases. :redface:
Didn't say I was going to give it to you :tongue:

I was going to check up on Plat and those other odd cases :redface:

No, there are more threads but there is no link that leads to them (at lest for me).
Hmm....the last thread in the Colonel's Corner should be "Asian Cold War?". Can you see that one?

kNikS
23 May 06,, 19:50
Didn't say I was going to give it to you :tongue:

I was going to check up on Plat and those other odd cases :redface:
:redface: :redface: :redface: :frown: I had an impresion that you have an impression that I want senior mebership out of turn.

Hmm....the last thread in the Colonel's Corner should be "Asian Cold War?". Can you see that one?
The last is "Letter from Canadian in Kandahar". :confused: Tell me that it wasn't just me or my machine.

TopHatter
23 May 06,, 20:17
:redface: :redface: :redface: :frown: I had an impresion that you have an impression that I want senior mebership out of turn.
Nope, not at all. I know you aren't a line-jumper :)

The last is "Letter from Canadian in Kandahar". :confused: Tell me that it wasn't just me or my machine.
Hmm...might be your settings. Because you are missing half of the Colonel's forum :frown:

kNikS
23 May 06,, 20:32
Nope, not at all. I know you aren't a line-jumper :)
But you didn't tell me that you don't consider me a rapist. :eek:

Hmm...might be your settings. Because you are missing half of the Colonel's forum :frown:Right now I'm accessing it through “search”. But I guess that I do need some HDD formatting.

Edit: I fixed it in a meantime. :)

Officer of Engineers
23 May 06,, 20:49
Not just you, I'm not seeing Asian Cold War in my forum though I do remember it.

kNikS
23 May 06,, 20:58
Not just you, I'm not seeing Asian Cold War in my forum though I do remember it.
Sir, change "Last month" into "Begining" in "Display Options". It worked for me.

TopHatter
23 May 06,, 21:11
Sir, change "Last month" into "Begining" in "Display Options". It worked for me.
That's it :)

You were "deliberately" limiting yourself to how many threads were shown.

One of my favored options is to increase the number of posts per page to the maximum. I got tired of constantly clicking over to a new page...it ever-so-slightly spoiled the flow of conversation for me.
Nitpicky I know :redface:

Ironduke
24 May 06,, 01:01
The Colonel's Corner was set to show only threads from the last month in the forum manager. This has now been fixed.

indianguy4u
24 May 06,, 08:12
I was going to check up on Plat and those other odd cases I have a clue ;). For ex asim & srirangan got temp bans or even reprimands, so their highlighted IDs got reduced (block fonts) to registered member (regular font).

TopHatter
24 May 06,, 14:43
I have a clue ;). For ex asim & srirangan got temp bans or even reprimands, so their highlighted IDs got reduced (block fonts) to registered member (regular font).
A user status as being banned (temp or otherwise) gives them a new title, thus changing the font.
Reprimands or warnings do not affect title.