PDA

View Full Version : Exiles: Iran Jews to wear yellow ribbons

glow
20 May 06,, 00:08
Seriously wtf (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3252830,00.html)

This guy is frigging nuts

gunnut
20 May 06,, 01:30
Members of the country’s Christian minority will be forces to wear a red ribbon, while those practicing the ancient Persian religion will be obligated to place a blue ribbon on their clothes.

He forgot Buddhists and Hindus.

At least he has assured us his nuclear program is for peaceful uses only. I would hate to see a peaceful regime like that all of a sudden turn violent.

ZFBoxcar
20 May 06,, 02:49
This was in the National Post today, and our PM as well as Australia's responded to it, but the thing is, nobody is sure if its actually happened. There are conflicting reports.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=398274b5-9210-43e4-ba59-fa24f4c66ad4&k=28534

In a follow up article they said experts say that its unlikely to be true

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=6626a0fa-99de-4f1e-aebe-bb91af82abb3

Amled
20 May 06,, 04:30
If (...and its a big If,) the story is true then it almost staggers belief.
What'll be next ghettos...the camps?

troung
20 May 06,, 05:08
Reports Iran to tag non-Muslims denied by Jewish MP

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran's only Jewish MP strongly denied reports in a Canadian newspaper that Iran may force non-Muslims to wear colored badges in public so they can be identified.

"This report is a complete fabrication and is totally false," Maurice Motammed told AFP in Tehran. "It is a lie, and the people who invented it wanted to make political gain" by doing so.

The National Post newspaper quoted human rights groups as saying that Iran's parliament passed a law this week setting a public dress code and requiring non-Muslims to wear special insignia.

Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear a yellow, red or blue strip of cloth, respectively, on the front of their clothes, it said.

Motammed said he had been present in parliament when a bill to promote "an Iranian and Islamic style of dress for women" was voted. "In the law, there is no mention of religious minorities," he added.

MPs representing Iran's Jewish, Christian and Zoroastrian minorities sit on all parliamentary committees, particularly the cultural one, he said.

"This is an insult to the Iranian people and to religious minorities in Iran," he said.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard said Friday, during an official visit to Ottawa, that "anything of that kind would be totally repugnant to civilized countries, if it's the case, and something that would just further indicate to me the nature of this regime. It would be appalling."

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said he had only seen reports about the law but that he would not be surprised by them.

"Unfortunately, we have seen enough already from the Iranian regime to suggest that it is very capable of this kind of action," he said.

"It think it boggles the mind that any regime on the face of the earth would want to do anything that could remind people of Nazi Germany," he added.

"The fact that such a measure could even be contemplated, I think, is absolutely abhorent."

Harper's parliamentary secretary, Jason Kenney, told the House of Commons that Canadian officials were trying to verify the claims.

indianguy4u
20 May 06,, 05:19
Slowly but surely this irainian regime is going taliban way. Taliban had similar law wrt hindus & sikhs.

Gavrilo Princip
20 May 06,, 05:43
SICK. The colour correlation thing with the past is somewhat disgusting.

platinum786
22 May 06,, 15:54
Note to people....

A jewish MP from Iran has refuted the claim as false, end of issue, it was purely made up and circulated to make Iran look intollerant and primarly anti jewish, no points for guessing who was behind that.

Even if it was true, it'd be about the same level of human rights violations people in France face, not being allowed to sport religious garments in schools or public office, this was just a little more widespread.

glow
22 May 06,, 20:43
Note to people....

A jewish MP from Iran has refuted the claim as false, end of issue, it was purely made up and circulated to make Iran look intollerant and primarly anti jewish, no points for guessing who was behind that.

Even if it was true, it'd be about the same level of human rights violations people in France face, not being allowed to sport religious garments in schools or public office, this was just a little more widespread.
Better riot in the streets about it eh? Damn that western country nice enough to let them in but they not conforming at all.

Lunatock
22 May 06,, 20:48
Seriously wtf (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3252830,00.html)

This guy is frigging nuts

After I'm done troll hunting here I might hop on over to Roya Hakakian's site and see what she has to say about this being done to her fellow Iranian Jews that are in Iran right now.

JBodnar39
22 May 06,, 22:08
Note to people....

It would not be the same level that people face in France - there is no comparison. In France I think the issue was that school children that were supoosed to be wearing school uniforms were opting for the Muslim garb instead.

T-bone
22 May 06,, 22:43
Sounds like the start of a Iranian holocaust.

platinum786
23 May 06,, 00:11
@ Glow,

Let them in? Some people might have migrated, but get this some of us where born here, we are equal citizens and we damn well own every inch of this as you do.

We'll do as we please where we please and there is nothing anyone can do to stop us.

Lunatock
23 May 06,, 01:38
Roya Hakakian, possibly the most well known Iranian Jew has said this story is false.

Confed999
23 May 06,, 03:30
True or false, it was really easy to believe of them, and that says a lot all by itself...

platinum786
23 May 06,, 15:17
that's a false impression created by the Media, that's why you can beleive it that easily, what do you make of that?

bull
23 May 06,, 15:28
Note to people....

Not to be allowed to wear what u like and to be forced to wear what u dont like are two totally different things.

HistoricalDavid
23 May 06,, 18:12
We'll do as we please where we please and there is nothing anyone can do to stop us.

You're right. We're disarmed in Britain and if you were about threatening my life, liberty or property, or my family's, there's very little I could do about it.

platinum786
24 May 06,, 01:04
Not to be allowed to wear what u like and to be forced to wear what u dont like are two totally different things.

Different sides of the same coin.

You're right. We're disarmed in Britain and if you were about threatening my life, liberty or property, or my family's, there's very little I could do about it.

You threaten us and we will bite back, you found that out in Bradford and Oldham in 2001. Typical of your kind to automaticaly assume we are a threat to you.

Tronic
24 May 06,, 02:59
@ Glow,

Let them in? Some people might have migrated, but get this some of us where born here, we are equal citizens and we damn well own every inch of this as you do.

see Plat... thats why I prefer to stay here in India... I talk the way I like, walk the way I like and even wear clothes the way I like... lol... ;)

Swift Sword
24 May 06,, 04:04
Making those poor Jews wear yellow stars is truly the mark of tyrranical rule.

In a freedom loving republic, Jews would only be required to carry a national identification card, be subject to having their patterns of telephone behavior monitored and suffer a degradation of their legal perogatives viz issues of search and seizure...unless they wanted to face the consequences, of course.

Mental Note: by the Magazine Pouch of St. Adrian of Nicomedia, the next time some joker of the scandalous sort advocates submission to a Sin of David I will throw a hard right cross and knock his or her sorry ass out.

platinum786
24 May 06,, 16:38
Tronic, it's not a widespread issue, it's jsut at times you have detached people who live in thier own world and only know of immgrants and muslim from what they read in thier tabloids ona Sunday.

This person is one of those. The first thing he assumes is that i am a threat to him and his family etc....totally unattached from reality.

HistoricalDavid
24 May 06,, 16:48
You threaten us and we will bite back, you found that out in Bradford and Oldham in 2001.

Did I threaten you?

Did my family threaten you?

No?

So piss off, then.

Typical of your kind - a dickhead who identifies more with religion or race, presumably the criteria when you say 'we', than with individualism - to automatically assume I'm the same as some National Front louts in Bradford and Oldham.

They'd hate me almost as much as you, they'd see me as a Romanian immigrant, after all.

Typical of your kind to automaticaly assume we are a threat to you.

I did not automatically assume that, I INFERRED it from this:

"We'll do as we please where we please and there is nothing anyone can do to stop us."

...The tone of that is supremely arrogant and tyrannical.

...Somehow, I don't think you're standing up for your rights to eat ice cream at 3am in the morning, or read a newspaper standing on the wall. Somehow, the tone implies something far more vicious.

...As in, if the fancy takes you, you can initiate coercion against me and there's nothing I can do about it?

Well, you're right about that, because I'm disarmed.

This person is one of those. The first thing he assumes is that i am a threat to him and his family etc....totally unattached from reality.

You are totally unattached from the subtleties of the English language, it seems.

platinum786
24 May 06,, 17:39
Really i don't understand English?

Perhaps you should learn to read?

My comment was in reference to Glows comment where he implied that I was somewhat privillaged to want to be treated as an equal citizen in the UK when he implied that perhaps i should riots about things (ie protest about things, voice my opinion) in a mocking manner.

Better riot in the streets about it eh? Damn that western country nice enough to let them in but they not conforming at all.
that is the comment i was reffering too. He was patronising me as in to say that I am some sort of unequal citizen and i don't have a right to protest or protect what is valuable to me.

Those comments where aimed at him.

sparten
24 May 06,, 19:25
save it plat, some people are never going to be cured of certain ideas.

HistoricalDavid
24 May 06,, 20:20
save it plat, some people are never going to be cured of certain ideas.

Like libertarianism? I don't want to be cured of it.

in a mocking manner.

I must have missed that... somehow.

Yes, now that I look at it, you make Jonathan Swift look like the world's worst satirist. :p

glow
24 May 06,, 21:23
Really i don't understand English?

Perhaps you should learn to read?

My comment was in reference to Glows comment where he implied that I was somewhat privillaged to want to be treated as an equal citizen in the UK when he implied that perhaps i should riots about things (ie protest about things, voice my opinion) in a mocking manner.

that is the comment i was reffering too. He was patronising me as in to say that I am some sort of unequal citizen and i don't have a right to protest or protect what is valuable to me.

Those comments where aimed at him.
I'm reffering to the rioting muslim groups who seemed to enjoy trashing France over very stupid ****. Kinda like attacking embassys or trashing western stores over cartoons.

Ray
25 May 06,, 10:53
I think it is affairs like Bradford and Oldham that highlight and generate further the schisms that refusal to amalgamate in the cultural milieu of the host country.

If immigrants and the scions just get to understand that assimilation in the local culture is the best way out, such incidents would not happen.

One must be loyal to the ideals and principles of the country they belong to and not solely cling to the ideas of their origin.

One should also not be so sensitive as to feel everything said is "mocking". In case, it is "mocking", then one should play the game with all politeness so as to expose the same for all to see. People are not stupid and so the tables can be turned.

platinum786
25 May 06,, 12:42
I'm reffering to the rioting muslim groups who seemed to enjoy trashing France over very stupid ****. Kinda like attacking embassys or trashing western stores over cartoons.

When people are upset and injustices are done and nobodfy is willing to listen they will react like that. france is full of racists and bigots, ask Whoopie Goldberg, she was denied entry into a posh boutique because she was black.

bull
25 May 06,, 13:01
Different sides of the same coin.

But one more blatant than the other.

platinum786
25 May 06,, 13:18
Yeah I know, if this had been true it would have been worse but I'd just like to take the opertunity to raise similar, perhaps slightly less harsh oppression of people in the so called free world.

Would it be acceptable in India or America or even Pakistan to dictate what someone can and cannot wear...even in Pakistan people cannot dictate what you wear.

Amled
25 May 06,, 13:40
Any dictate or imposed decree on what one may or may not wear is fundamentally wrong! Whether it be in the US, Denmark, Pakistan or Saudi Arabia…oops! :redface: :biggrin:

brad in newyork
25 May 06,, 14:30
Tronic, it's not a widespread issue, it's jsut at times you have detached people who live in thier own world and only know of immgrants and muslim from what they read in thier tabloids ona Sunday.

what exactly does your picture mean does the yellow star represtent the jewish symbol of the haulocaust is this a sign of anti semitism and also you say that people automatically usume that your muslim (whitch is no problem what so ever,even though you got extremely angry about it when our british friend suggested that you were) but on that star whitch i hope was not a sign of antisemitsm it has arabic writting so it is only human to excpect that you are muslim

muslim are the same as christian, buddha's, hindu's, jews, asian, black and homosexaul but most arabic goverment's are not democratic whitch we as westerners are brought up to believe is the only right way and fair way plus it works economically, so we as human generalise and say arabic people have the wrong idea are voilent are nast, when we are only masking a genralisation. (i fully believe that a democratic goverment is the best government and i am 100% behind it)

Shek
25 May 06,, 15:09
Brad who probably doesn't live in New York,
If you take a very close look at Plat's star, you'll notice that it has five points and doesn't even remotely resemble the six pointed Star of David. I know that it's a finer detail that requires some concentration, but just focus, and you'll see.

lemontree
25 May 06,, 15:26
what exactly does your picture mean does the yellow star represtent the jewish symbol of the haulocaust is this a sign of anti semitism and also you say that people automatically usume that your muslim (whitch is no problem what so ever,even though you got extremely angry about it when our british friend suggested that you were) but on that star whitch i hope was not a sign of antisemitsm it has arabic writting so it is only human to excpect that you are muslim

Don't get ideas. That star is Pakistan's cricket logo - worn on the cap and blazer chest pocket.

Gosh, why don't more people play cricket. :rolleyes:

platinum786
25 May 06,, 17:36

muslim are the same as christian, buddha's, hindu's, jews, asian, black and homosexaul but most arabic goverment's are not democratic whitch we as westerners are brought up to believe is the only right way and fair way plus it works economically, so we as human generalise and say arabic people have the wrong idea are voilent are nast, when we are only masking a genralisation. (i fully believe that a democratic goverment is the best government and i am 100% behind it)

Brad you got the wrong end of the stick, people often tend to do that around me, strage that. :confused:

Anyway, let the explaining commence.

First of all the star is the logo of the Pakistani cricket team. The writing is urdu (which resembles arabic, actaully they are quite similar). I'm a British Born Muslim of Pakistani ethnicity. I consider both nations equally mine and feel just as home in both.

The story So far
Earlier on in the topic I mentioned that the story was a fake story and had been denied and disproven. I went on to add that even if the story had been true the treatment of the iranian jews sould have been similar to the treatment french muslims have to face (not allowed to wear headscarves etc within schools and public government places), it's a slight difference however i realise a significant difference nonetheless.

Glow then went on to comment on that in a manner that I found offensive. He mentioned that parision riots and the cartoon issue, during which muslim protests have turned violent due to the lack of political reponse to our grievances. This upset me as I am an equal member of the EU as anyone else and thus have the right to protest and want my concerned heard out, equally as any minority deserves.

My repsonse was slight provocative as it mentioned the Bradford riots (riots in northern British towns and cities during the summer of 2001), which where in retaliation to the authorites lack of control over the right wing political parties who threatented violence against ethnic minority gatherings. This image portrayed a violent response to historical david who responded that I'd attack him and his family and he was unprotected as he was not armed. My mentioning that event was not to threaten but instead to show that people will not sit back and accpt being classed as 2nd class citizens and would react.

anyway, i was angered by that comment that he thinks of me as some thug who just wants to harm everyone and replied saying he was detatched. In response to this historical david who was now hysterical david said that that isn't what he meant and in a further post after i had explained my position slightly more cleary went on to make an aobcure remark about some person who i have no knowledge of.

and then you asked a question.......... :)

BenRoethig
27 May 06,, 18:59
Making those poor Jews wear yellow stars is truly the mark of tyrranical rule.

That's exactly how it started with Nazi Germany. Then they were sent to ghettos, then camps, then the gas chambers. I have no doubt the mullahs are capable of genocide if they think its what god wants.