PDA

View Full Version : Chechen fighters 'seize hostages'

Ironduke
16 Dec 03,, 05:11
Chechen fighters 'seize hostages'

A group of Chechen fighters has seized hostages in the neighbouring Russian republic of Dagestan, officials say.

At least four hostages were taken after a gunfight at the frontier which left nine Russian border guards dead, say local authorities.

"Our people are trying to make contact with them to find out what they want," a regional official told Russian TV.

Russia's current war in Chechnya began after fighters seized two villages in Dagestan in August 1999.

They held the villages for several weeks, saying they were supporting a declaration of an independent Islamic state in parts of Dagestan and Chechnya.

That incursion - as well as a series of bombings of apartment buildings in Russia that killed about 300 people - prompted then-Prime Minister Vladimir Putin to send troops into Chechnya.

Four years later, Moscow says it has pacified the rebellious republic, but fighting continues and Chechens may be behind Russia's now regular suicide bombings.

Security response

Between 25 and 50 fighters are said to be involved in the latest incident.

A Russian Interior Ministry spokesman, Roman Shchekochikhin, told the Associated Press that security forces were being sent to the village of Shauri, the scene of the reported hostage-taking.

But the village is in a remote area and is difficult to reach, he said.

It is believed the gunmen took a larger number of hostages at a local clininc before fleeing with four.

A local official told Russia's Interfax news agency that security forces had blocked roads into the village from Dagestan, Chechnya and neighbouring Georgia.

Military analysts have suggested the fighters got lost in the snowy mountains while en route to - or from - Georgia.

Dagestan's information minister, Magomedsalikh Gusayev, was killed in August when his car was bombed.

No-one claimed responsibility for the bombing, but suspicion fell on Chechen militants, as Gusayev had played a key role in the defence of Dagestan in 1999.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3319571.stm

Lunatock
16 Dec 03,, 05:33
Fifty Rebels. Four Hostages. Wonder how well Alpha Forces will do with this one, if they handle it?

lurker
19 Dec 03,, 03:53
Russians 'kill 12' Chechen rebels

The Russian military says it has killed 12 Chechen rebels who entered the republic of Dagestan and took hostages.
The rebels were killed in helicopter strikes, according to Alexei Maslov, the army's chief of staff for the area.

The rebels attacked the remote mountain villages of Shauri and Galatli overnight on Monday, taking four hostages with them, officials said.

A Russian official told the BBC the hostages were shut in a room and told to stay there while the gunmen escaped.

Soldiers and police involved in the search are reportedly being assisted by hunters and local volunteers in the mountainous republic which borders on Chechnya.

Officials say the rebels have split into at least three groups.

One of the groups took 11 more hostages in another village, but released them all before daylight on Tuesday.

Borders have been sealed in the area - which is sandwiched between Chechnya and the former Soviet republic of Georgia - and police are carrying out car searches and ID checks.

"The bandits don't stand a chance of breaking through," Mr Maslov said.

The BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Moscow says there is still no clear information on the rebels' route or their aim - whether this was a planned incursion or if the fighters were heading to Georgia for the winter when they were spotted.

The Georgians have strongly denied the rebels were heading for their border.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3323221.stm

s_qwert63
21 Dec 03,, 15:30
I sqwert, say I hate Shamil Basayev. Yet in reality. I'm irresistably drawn to him.

Among other things. I want to pull on his beard like it's a horses reins.

Lunatock says that's wrong. But I feel it's so right!

ChrisF202
21 Dec 03,, 20:10
Theres going to be something about the Moscow theather seige on the History Channel tonight

Lunatock
21 Dec 03,, 22:09
Originally posted by s_qwert63
Do you even know of Alpha?
Have you read anything besides Tom CLancy propoganda, watched anything besides your Arab Al Jazeera and your American FOX?
Alpha are handpicked from Spetsnaz GRU and trained extensively for 5 years, the Americans cannot put anything up against them, the Navy Seal BUDS training is nothing when you compare it to Alpha training. Five years of non-stop harsh training in the middle of Siberia makes a much stronger man, both physically and mentally, rather than training a few ladies in south California.
Ever heard what happened in Nord Ost from another source, rather than www.kavkaz.org.uk?
50 Armed Chechen terrorists captured a theater with 800 hostages inside, planted 2 200kg bombs inside and had some "sisters" with suicide belts standing at every corner.
When the Alpha went in they neutralized everyone single one of those shithead cowards and didn't lose 1 (!) man, they didn't even have anyone wounded. Baraev was found gulping down a bottle of congiac (so much for him being a Muslim), so they shot him in the face.
The fact that 100 hostages have died is because too much gas was used as a precaution, but since you think that "the Alpha executed all those hostages" I don't care, think whatever you think.
What I do know is that not any SWAT team in America could have done the same job.
Alpha forever.

:reallymad

It's my duty as Moderator to tell you to shut the fuck up, yet again Commie boy.

The film of Alpha Forces handling the Theatre takeover doesn't lie. But you sure as hell are with your Russia rules BULLSHIT!

And you don't know shit about America. Or myself for that matter. Knock off your racist posts against me. And thier wrong racist remarks as well.

Try sticking to Ireland, Poland, and Germany. The countries my ancestors are from. I'm not Arab. But a Celt, Polish, and Germanic, you dumbass.

P.s. Saw footage of that yesterday. The man they claimed was barayev, and had a bottle of Cognac placed in his hands after "barayev" died. Didn't look anything like him.

Taped footage showed his eyes were narrow. Yet the dead Chechen Alpha Force claimed was him. Had the same eyes as Don Knotts.
Sniff sniff...anyone else smell that? Is it?...could it be?...bullshit? Took you long enough. That was awfully slow for someone with as narrow and deluded a view as you have.

s_qwert63
21 Dec 03,, 23:01
I stand by whut I said.

And you can have your chicks with about 100 layers of Cosmetics.

s_qwert63
21 Dec 03,, 23:03
Originally posted by Lunatock
Taped footage showed his eyes were narrow. Yet the dead Chechen Alpha Force claimed was him. Had the same eyes as Don Knotts.

I would even want to do bad things to that one.

Leader
21 Dec 03,, 23:05
I understand a transfer from Arabic to English or Gaelic to English or German/Polish to English can be quite hard, but I do not seem to understand the above sentence, please be more clear!

Could you do us a favor and tell all your Russian friends to stop trolling our forum.

s_qwert63
21 Dec 03,, 23:09
What makes you think I have the power to stop them?

Leader
21 Dec 03,, 23:16
What makes you think I have the power to stop them?

Well you know their language, and since none of them speak intelligible English, I figured you might be able to tell them to get the fuck out in Russian.

s_qwert63
21 Dec 03,, 23:20
www.babelfish.com
Try and do it yourself. Telling new members to get the fuck out is a bit stupid though, since this forum only has about 20 people who post from time to time.

Leader
21 Dec 03,, 23:30
www.babelfish.com
Try and do it yourself. Telling new members to get the fuck out is a bit stupid though, since this forum only has about 20 people who post from time to time.

These people are trolls not members. And some how it's hard for me to believe that you just happened to show up again at the same time all this other shit started.

s_qwert63
21 Dec 03,, 23:33
Now it's a conspiracy theory!

Leader
21 Dec 03,, 23:37
Now it's a conspiracy theory!

:roll You’re ever so fond of those. I thought you would like this one. :D

Lunatock
22 Dec 03,, 00:13
www.babelfish.com

How about making an announcement on this board in English?

Go home dumb Ivan!

Confed999
23 Dec 03,, 00:35
Originally posted by Leader
:roll You’re ever so fond of those. I thought you would like this one. :D
LOL :clap:

ChrisF202
23 Dec 03,, 02:57
I don't care where you are from.

And I know what America is all about, I lived in Dallas, and know what your "sunshine fairytale" country is all about. It's like a minging chick with about 100 layers of cosmetics.
Excuse me Lunatoock and Gio for saying this, little squirt, shut the f--- up and go the Wakki **** forum if you wanna talk like that, go smoke your weed like all the rest of the ignorant Dutchmen

Lunatock
23 Dec 03,, 04:43
Originally posted by ChrisF202
Excuse me Lunatoock and Gio for saying this, little squirt, shut the f--- up if you wanna talk like that, go smoke your weed like all the rest of the ignorant Dutchmen

Sincerely. I've no problem with that.

Told him to do the same thing twice already. He even complained about it in the suggestion forum.

lurker
31 Dec 03,, 02:38
Russia 'liquidates Chechen force'

The incident has raised memories of the 1999 incursions
Russia says it has eliminated a group of guerrillas who entered the southern republic of Dagestan two weeks ago.
Defence Minister Sergei Ivanov said the 36-strong group of fighters had been "discovered and destroyed". Three were taken into custody, he said.

The rebels - thought to have come from Chechnya - killed nine border guards on 15 December took several hostages.

The hostages were soon released while the band of armed militants melted into the snow-covered mountains.

A massive manhunt was launched and the Russian military has issued contradictory reports of dozens of rebels being killed on an almost daily basis.

The rebels launched a night-time attack on the remote mountain villages of Shauri and Galatli.

It is believed the gunmen took a larger number of hostages at a local clinic before fleeing with four people, who were released later.

Separatist war

Correspondents say events have revived memories of a series of raids staged by Chechen separatists into Dagestan in August 1999 that - along with a series of bombings in Russian cities - sparked the second Chechen war.

The rebels held two villages for several weeks, saying they were supporting a declaration of an independent Islamic state in parts of Dagestan and Chechnya.

It is still not clear whether the latest incident has been a planned incursion or whether the group of fighters were interrupted as they were towards Georgia for the winter, correspondents say.

However, the Georgian authorities have strongly denied the rebels were heading for their border.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3357365.stm

Lunatock
07 Jan 04,, 01:47
I would even want to do bad things to that one.

SSSSSSSSSSICK! :reallymad

Words of Wisdom. Any Nokche Bores go to Sqwert's place for any reason. And Barry White is playing.

Run! run away! In that case, retreat isn't shamefull. But running backwards might be a good idea :w00t