PDA

View Full Version : Rffile grenade vs. Grenade launcher

troung
14 Dec 03,, 20:31
So what do members here think of the grenade launcher compared to the rifle grenade? I would figure both have their advantages and disadvantages. The grenade launcher is probably much better for providing close support to ground troops and has lighter rounds while the rifle grenade will likely take out a target much easier. The rifle grenade can be fitted onto a rifle when needed and provide anti material fire on targets such as APC/IFVs or light tanks.

I have read glowing reviews of French rifle grenades in various operations through out Africa and how it was of big importance for providing small units with extra firepower when needed. Of course I have read about the 40mm GLs in combat and they have been very successful. Israel has made use of both in combat as well and so have other nations.

A second thing is which type of grenadier do you guys think is better a designated one or a grenadier with a rifle attached to the GL? There are new GLs such as the Milkor which can hold 6 40mms so it can carry a lot of power. In fact Malaysia has put them into squad service along with adding one RPG-7 a squad to increase firepower, FYI they are not using the M-203 in the squads.

Bill
14 Dec 03,, 22:32
Grenade launchers are a lot more accurate.

tomas
15 Dec 03,, 12:13
rifle grenades? oh u mean like the one on the M4 cabrane right i would same grenade launcher is better almost like short range mortar. :D :D :sniper

Stinger
16 Dec 03,, 18:50
Originally posted by tomas
rifle grenades? oh u mean like the one on the M4 cabrane right i would same grenade launcher is better almost like short range mortar. :D :D :sniper No a wifle grenade is fitted into the barrel of a rifle and lit off using a blank type cartridge.

Stinger
16 Dec 03,, 18:56
How they are set for launch.

tomas
08 Jan 04,, 10:00
i want one. :D :D :sniper :taynk