PDA

View Full Version : Atention: All Indians

Ray
12 May 06,, 02:14
I appeal to Indians (because maybe I am the second oldest Indian here) that do post whatever you want, but let the title thread be right and state the points without provoking unnecessarily.

Maybe that way, things will be better for debate and info.

WE are losing good friends unnecessarily because people are getting fed up.

In fact even Indians. One Indian PMed me and wondered as to how come I was still here with all this bad blood!

He shows up sometimes because he wishes to check if things are OK and have cooled off and the board has become normal.

I sure hope I have not lost Neo as a friend.

I think a friend is more important than a flame which will not change the world no matter how strong is the feeling.

At the same time, I would be hypocritical if I did not state that at times emotions overpowers!

However, let us not flame.

Let us not provoke.

If provoked, let us answer it as politely and firmly as possible.

And Foremost, no street level expletives.

Lastly, if Indian words are used please give translations.

Moderators do not understand Indian languages though they have picked up enough to be excellent tourists, but given the atmosphere they have experienced they would not require a Travel Advisory! :biggrin:

You are harming India fledgling tourist industry and this is not a SPAM! :tongue:

Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.

Remember, if all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't follow. I'd be at the bottom to catch them when they fall.

I am trying to do that.

Keep it nice.

Thank you all.

Be Good and God Bless!

Parihaka
12 May 06,, 02:24
Well said Ray

Karthik
12 May 06,, 03:42
I think I agree with the tone of that post.

You'll have my cooperation on that Sir.

** pat on the back **

Srirangan
12 May 06,, 06:05
I have always wanted WAB to be clean; but WAB is been unfair.

PS: Just to clarify, I've asked no one to leave WAB; nor do I intend to do so myself. Despite some unfair, biased and historically invalid.

Parihaka
12 May 06,, 06:08
I have always wanted WAB to be clean; but WAB is been unfair.

PS: Just to clarify, I've asked no one to leave WAB; nor do I intend to do so myself. Despite some unfair, biased and historically invalid.
Try imitating Ray and lead from the front

Srirangan
12 May 06,, 06:15
Atleast it's better than reading PM's from Asim badmouthing and abusing Ray.

Parihaka
12 May 06,, 06:18
Atleast it's better than reading PM's from Asim badmouthing and abusing Ray.
Ray is a big boy. He's lead his troops across a minefield while wounded, you think a few comments from a 23 year old appologist from Dubai is going to hurt him?

Srirangan
12 May 06,, 06:20
Ray is a big boy. He's lead his troops across a minefield while wounded, you think a few comments from a 23 year old appologist from Dubai is going to hurt him?
No. What makes you think that I would think that? And let's end this off topic discussion.

Neo
12 May 06,, 08:59
Well said Ray!

Eventhough the message is addressed to the Indian members, it applies to all of us. :)

Asim Aquil
12 May 06,, 09:04
Well said

Blademaster
12 May 06,, 09:05
I would gladly take it up but only the forum won't allow me. For some reason, I cannot ignore Asim because of his moderator rank. Can the Supreme Lord of WAB make an exception for Asim?

percentage_plyr
12 May 06,, 10:00
nice!
as a new member.......it wld be my effort to go by the "talisman" stated by the brigadier.

regards

Ray
12 May 06,, 10:08
Indian,

Historically the contention is perfectly OK.

However, the WAB is owned, CEO or whatever by certain individual(s). They have passed a decision and they have passed a decision that "Pureland" cannot be used.

Therefore, I don't think it would be nice to use it.

I am sure they have understood the historical perspective.

In fact,it has been accepted that it is not "a stand" taken by the WAB, nor do they state that the Indian contention is wrong.

They are merely stating that it should not be used for the integrity of the Board, that is all they are saying.

Notwithstanding, if the word "Pureland", for whatever be the reason, is not to be used, let us not use it.

Are we going to die because we don't use this word?

I don't think we will die.

But would it bring back some sanity to this wild free-for-all?

Maybe. At least I hope so.

Let us try.

Let this "Moderator" of the Defence Board not overawe anyone.

Neither I nor Asim are actual Moderators.

We are Regulators. We can only edit your posts. We cannot close a thread, nor can we ban you!

So don't get overawed by the title.

ASG
12 May 06,, 11:53
And henceforth, I shall refrain from posting in the South Asian Politics section.

No good can come of it.

bull
12 May 06,, 13:26
WAB is not old WAB anymore its just Ray and Co against Asim and Co.

Its become a clan war with uneccessary and blatant provocative posts and personal attacks.

Infact i also wondered why Ray and LT and a few others to whom i have looked upto where still sticking to this forum.

Asim Aquil
12 May 06,, 13:33

Its become a clan war with uneccessary and blatant provocative posts and personal attacks.

Infact i also wondered why Ray and LT and a few others to whom i have looked upto where still sticking to this forum.
I'm here since I feel it gives a level playing field which makes things VERY interesting.

On Indian and Pakistani forums, one side has the advantage.

WAB misses your input, Bull.

bull
12 May 06,, 14:23
On Indian and Pakistani forums, one side has the advantage..

Its not abt india and pakistan anymore, its like more of a person A vs person B.

The mods also have become a bit more lenient....i agree to what bluesman said.

For the love of Allah, SHUT UP!

GodDAYUM, can you people get a new pet rock already?

Mods, how 'bout THIS: the next time somebody starts, responds to, or in any way refers to their bete noir - India OR Pakistan, what say we KILL THE HELL OUT OF 'EM? If you jerks wanted to talk up your hometown that would be fine, and I'm sure we'd all learn a lot about how dam' COOL India and/or Pakistan was, but NO - we have to read all about how inferior the OTHER side is, how sinful/mean/nasty/brutish/ugly THEY can be. (Yeah, I know: I've been guilty of Muslim-bashing in here, too. But I have proven myself capable of STOPPING IT!)

This place has slid right back into the sewer over the past month.

Between threads like THIS one, moonbat n00bs, pseudo-scientific doom-mongers and more 'So's your old man' Indian-Pakistani hate-fest mud-slingin' DRIVEL...this place is getting to the point where it's becoming worthless to anybody that doesn't happen to LIKE that crap. I am getting prejudiced. I honestly hope NO new Muslims nor young Indians join, because it's always the same with you idiots: the other guys are just YUCKY!

I'm serious: Mods should ban-for-a-week ANY poster from India that refers to Pakistan, and any Pakistani poster that refers to India. Because it will NOT be a complimentary post. Because it will NOT further the mission of this board. Because it will NOT advance understanding of either side. Because we are all so dam' SICK OF YOUR SQUALID LITTLE GROTTY IMPLACABLE HOSTILITY.

If y'all want someplace to do this perverse little tantrum, as deep as the hate runs and as much as y'all seem to cherish your grudges, there must be a hundred places out on the 'Net that could fulfill this sickness, without dragging the rest of us into it.

If you think I'm over-reacting, go to the 'New Posts' button and press it right now. See what percentage of threads have to do with you-know-what, and how many got nasty and personal on the first page.

Mods? Throw the Indians out when they post derogatory articles up about Pakistan. Throw the Muslims out that respond, get personal, or do the same things that get Indians chucked.

Y'all are behaving like Third Worlders. Stop it; grow up..

WAB misses your input, Bull.

i have been posting bits here and there.

TopHatter
12 May 06,, 14:49
I am sure they have understood the historical perspective.Thanks to educational input from both Indian and Pakistani members, we do indeed understand it. :)

In fact,it has been accepted that it is not "a stand" taken by the WAB, nor do they state that the Indian contention is wrong.
They are merely stating that it should not be used for the integrity of the Board, that is all they are saying.
Notwithstanding, if the word "Pureland", for whatever be the reason, is not to be used, let us not use it.Thank you for that. It is what we have been trying to say from Day One.

Are we going to die because we don't use this word?
I don't think we will die.
But would it bring back some sanity to this wild free-for-all?
Maybe. At least I hope so.
Let us try. That's all we are seeking...sanity.
Free-for-all is occasionally OK, as long it doesn't degenerate into "wild". We don't have enough butter cookies and Cheetos to sustain "wild" for very long :biggrin:

Asim Aquil
12 May 06,, 15:28

That's how its typically thought of.

In any case, true or not, I'd like it if we both can call it a truce from the personal attacks and just focus on engaging in debate! The good ol' days?

bull
12 May 06,, 15:37
That's how its typically thought of.

In any case, true or not, I'd like it if we both can call it a truce from the personal attacks and just focus on engaging in debate! The good ol' days?

Lets have our differences,but lets also draw the line and honour it.

sparten
12 May 06,, 16:47
Problem is that it has become personal. And there are several people here (no names being mentioned) who take themselves too seriously.

TopHatter
12 May 06,, 18:02
Problem is that it has become personal. And there are several people here (no names being mentioned) who take themselves too seriously.
Then that too can be something to be worked on.

Geez, I hear something strange.... :confused:

....is that the sound of progress? :)

Asim Aquil
12 May 06,, 18:19
<pessimism>The way the postings are still going on I'd give it a day or two TH</pessimism>

TopHatter
12 May 06,, 18:20
<pessimism>The way the postings are still going on I'd give it a day or two TH</pessimism>
And that is exactly the wrong attitude to have. :frown:

Stop thinking about what others are doing, turn off the pessimism and think about what you can do to improve things :)

I know you can do this, I've seen you do it before ;)

Asim Aquil
12 May 06,, 18:22
And that is exactly the wrong attitude to have. :frown:

Stop thinking about what others are doing, turn off the pessimism and think about what you can do to improve things :)

I know you can do this, I've seen you do it before ;)
Hmmm unfortunately, doing NOTHING is only what will give the illusion of improvement.

So thats why I'm busy, painstakingly, sweating real hard to do nothing. Know what I mean? ;)

Neo
12 May 06,, 18:23
Its better not to rspond to flaming threads unless you want to feed the trolls.
We have a new internet warrior in the South Asia section trolling with old news, let him have his day and dig his own grave...slowly. :)

TopHatter
12 May 06,, 18:30
Its better not to rspond to flaming threads unless you want to feed the trolls.Best advice I've heard all day. :cool:
That's how "doing nothing will show tangible improvement" :)

Neo
12 May 06,, 18:39
Thanks TH! :)

A friend recently sent me a pm saying;

I do want to ask why retaliating is necessary when you can marginalize (trolls) by simply pretending they don't exist...
Have you ever seen a dog barking at nothing at all? They tend to look pretty ridiculous ;)
Thats probably the sanest quote I've heard here in a long time. :)

Cheers!

Asim Aquil
12 May 06,, 18:41
:D

He's a great guy... If its the person I'm thinking it is.

Neo
12 May 06,, 18:52
Yes he is! :)

Chris
12 May 06,, 22:04
Thanks for your post Ray. I really appreciate your willingness to try and pull everyone together for the sake of this wonderful community :)

What you outlined in your first post is all myself and the other team members here at WAB ever wanted. Certainly debate all you want - in fact I encourage it - but we are really asking for everyone's support in bringing to an end to these childish spats that seem to spring up now and again in certain areas of the community.

I am totally against extreme moderation and censorship and WAB is widely known for not tolerating this type of moderating. We prefer instead to work with our members as openly as possible and resolve matters as a community.

Quite frankly though some of our members have been taking advantage of the good nature of our moderators and we (as well as many other long time members) have had enough of it. We aren't going to allow these silly childish spats destroy this great community that hundreds of loyal members have spent years building and enjoy visiting and posting at.

I think it would do everyone some good to read Ray's initial post again... regardless if you are Indian, Canadian, British, Pakistani etc. as he has made some excellent points. WAB is truly a global community, so it is important that everyone can get along. Note, I didn't say it is important that everyone agrees with each other, but it is important that everone gets along. As I say... debate all you like but please bring an end to this childish nonsense.

- Chris

Edit: Just to clarify. I don't agree with everything Ray has posted but I do agree with the points raised in his initial post of this thread. While I don't agree with everyone Ray posts... I am not going to go and start a childish fight with him :D

Blademaster
12 May 06,, 22:05

If you want the forum to be improved immensely, I urge you to glue some bricks onto your hands and slap yourself silly. That would really help the forum. I mean, really.

Guys, Asim has declared that he wants to help the forum. Let's all encourage him to do the necessary thing by holding a vigil candle prayer while Asim slaps himself silly.

indianguy4u
12 May 06,, 22:18
Ban all the nonsense social/societal news reports threads posted by any esp relating to India & pakistan. This is the root of the problem. Let WAB be a forum of political, military, current affairs but not social news.

667medic
12 May 06,, 22:22
We could create 2 threads one called India Sucks and the other Pakistan Sucks. People can then have a nice time jacking off over the negative news about the enemy :cool:

percentage_plyr
12 May 06,, 22:30
Ban all the nonsense social/societal news reports threads posted by any esp relating to India & pakistan

good point.cuz the sort of "social injustices" pointed out by both sides just ends up flaming it up.....both sides end up saying this such incident(s) r exception rather than the rule & the thread dies down,or goes haywire.

just my 0.02$

UnitedPakistan
12 May 06,, 23:09
We could create 2 threads one called India Sucks and the other Pakistan Sucks. People can then have a nice time jacking off over the negative news about the enemy :cool:
Thats already true!

Just take a look at these sections. Funny to see them all fight though.. I am just waiting here polishing my gun. :biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
13 May 06,, 00:54
Ok, who suffers more. Indian married men or Pakistani married men?

Tronic
13 May 06,, 02:16
Ok, who suffers more. Indian married men or Pakistani married men?
all married men suffer equaly, lol... we're all really brothers in chains... (lol, just Edited from, brothers in arms...)

Tronic
13 May 06,, 02:18
actually I shouldn't be commenting on this... still single, lol...

UnitedPakistan
13 May 06,, 03:44
^ Enjoy it while it lasts...

UnitedPakistan
13 May 06,, 03:44
I think we have found a common enemy!

LMAO

THL
13 May 06,, 05:02
Thanks TH! :)

A friend recently sent me a pm saying;

I do want to ask why retaliating is necessary when you can marginalize (trolls) by simply pretending they don't exist...
Have you ever seen a dog barking at nothing at all? They tend to look pretty ridiculous
Thats probably the sanest quote I've heard here in a long time. :)

Cheers!

Parihaka
13 May 06,, 05:44
Oh what sweetness and light :) The only problem I have is two posters who shouldn't have been banned have, two obvious trolls who should have been banned haven't and the reasons for why I think they should have been banned which I put in a new post have been censored, along with posts by Guatam. TH, you suck as a moderator.

Confed999
13 May 06,, 06:01
The only problem I have is two posters who shouldn't have been banned have
One banned temporarily for arguing the mods/admins ruling. One banned permanantly for going directly against that ruling. Both deserved it.

TH, you suck as a moderator.
I deleted your thread.

THL
13 May 06,, 06:11
Is it really worth all this? Why can you guys not just say that tomorrow is another day and we will ALL start the fcuk over? Everyone needs to let go of their dam pride and hurt feelings and move on. Accept that there are things we are NOT going to agree on and leave those things alone if we all refuse to discuss them like adults and not a group of school children.

In our normal lives outside of the WAB I dont think ANY of us are as bad of people as we are ALL making ourselves out to be here. Emotions are driving and things are out of control. I think almost the whole freaking board could use some serious meds and good night sleep.

I cannot believe that we, as adults, need people to tell us that we are misbehaving. Shouldn't we, as adults, be able to figure this out on our own without mom and dad stepping in and giving out spankings? I have never in my life seen so many ADULTS tattling on one another, pointing fingers at one another, biting their thumbs at the other and being put in time out. There are people on this board who have spent more time being disciplined in the last week than my 4 year old.

There is something to be proud of - Add that to your resume, all.

As the resident hippie, even I have gotten disgusted at the constant bickering. I cannot even begin to imagine how the others feel.

indianguy4u
13 May 06,, 06:18
Something very bad has happened, either knowingly or unknowingly. I personally feel that santity of the forum has been degraded somewhat :redface:.

THL
13 May 06,, 06:21
Something very bad has happened, either knowingly or unknowingly. I personally feel that santity of the forum has been degraded somewhat :redface:.I could not agree more.
Unfortunately, I think these feelings are with the majority. Also, however unfortunate, it is going to be up to that majority to save things.

Let's hope everyone can rise to the occasion.

ASG
13 May 06,, 07:31
Something very bad has happened, either knowingly or unknowingly. I personally feel that santity of the forum has been degraded somewhat :redface:.

The so called "Crackdown" would be acceptable at this moment. WAB has been degraded to lowest levels. At least a Crackdown would ensure it not sinking in any further.

bull
13 May 06,, 07:31
Trying to blame the trolls or jr members of flaming and spoiling the atmosphere here is totally wrong.We had dealt it with very efficiently a couple of months back.

But then at those times our seniors acted and behaved like seniors.Now i see them also losing their temper and joining the band wagon.

There is nothing more annoying to your enemy than your forgiveness !!

Ok so lets stop going in the wrong path and get back to right path.

TopHatter
13 May 06,, 07:33
Don't do that. There are a lot more important things than a forum.
It's a compulsion. I'm in therapy at this very moment and I'll thank you not to interupt my $500/hour session. I am not a millionaire.

:biggrin:

percentage_plyr
13 May 06,, 09:04
It's a compulsion. I'm in therapy at this very moment and I'll thank you not to interupt my $500/hour session. I am not a millionaire.

haha......u got me thinkin becomin a shrink!!

TopHatter
13 May 06,, 09:05
haha......u got me thinkin becomin a shrink!!
An Indian doctor in the United States? :confused:

I don't think that is possible.

percentage_plyr
13 May 06,, 09:38
lol..maybe ur not aware,thrs this exam called USMLE for international med. graduates for workin in US.
urs truly jus got 94% in the step1 of the exam!

Confed999
13 May 06,, 09:41
I have two Indian-American doctors. Good people...

bull
13 May 06,, 09:55
I have two Indian-American doctors. Good people...

Why bcoz u know them???? :biggrin:

Confed999
13 May 06,, 10:00
Why bcoz u know them???? :biggrin:
Honestly I like most everyone I know. I like most everyone here, even ones who would not like me. These two people in particular are good people because they have gone out of their way to help me, and to be there when I needed them. Their Indian origin is likely coincidental. ;)

percentage_plyr
13 May 06,, 10:09
without the slightest bias.....most of the india-american doctors r quite competent in their field of work too......the rigorous testing system only allows the competent ones to enter.

sorry for being off-topic.
:cool:

bull
13 May 06,, 10:14
Their Indian origin is likely coincidental. ;)

no is not coincidental, indians always likes to help amercians. ;)

percentage_plyr
13 May 06,, 10:16
& get paid reasonalby in the process. ;)

kNikS
13 May 06,, 10:22
One banned temporarily for arguing the mods/admins ruling. One banned permanantly for going directly against that ruling.
Now Gautam? WHy? What happened?

It's becoming dramatic.

Confed999
13 May 06,, 10:23
no is not coincidental, indians always likes to help amercians. ;)
Really it's, good people always like to help. "Good" trancends race or nationality, it comes from the heart. :)

Parihaka
13 May 06,, 10:45
I deleted your thread.
Thought you might have, nothing like a little bit of censorship eh?
Why thank you. That makes all the times that I'm logged in during working hours, risking my livelihood, all the more worth it.
Really?
So where have you, Confed, Julie, Lunatock, etc been for the past month?
All the while you guys have been letting this build, obvious violations of forum rules for over two months, obvious flaming, obvious trolling, and your only actual CONCRETE actions have been to ban two Indian peripheral players who objected to censorship while publically ignoring the main trollers/flamers. I've seen both you and Confed give public warnings to Asim as an example, yet he repeats the violation the very next post and you do nothing. Still haven't had a reply as to why that
Ass-clown is still here?

Oh, and you censor me and others who HAVE actually been paying attention to what has been going on and been trying to talk it down for the past two months. Why? Because it's "going to cause more problems": problems that you guys created in the first place.

So don't prattle to me about how tough you've had it as a moderator because for the last two months not one of you have done a damn thing about it.

Confed999
13 May 06,, 10:57
Thought you might have, nothing like a little bit of censorship eh?Really?
Unfortunately that's my job here, and it's also the job you're asking me to do. Funny huh?

Confed999
13 May 06,, 11:06
All the while you guys have been letting this build, obvious violations of forum rules for over two months, obvious flaming, obvious trolling, and your only actual CONCRETE actions have been to ban two Indian peripheral players who objected to censorship while publically ignoring the main trollers/flamers. I've seen both you and Confed give public warnings to Asim as an example, yet he repeats the violation the very next post and you do nothing. Still haven't had a reply as to why that is still here?

Oh, and you censor me and others who HAVE actually been paying attention to what has been going on and been trying to talk it down for the past two months. Why? Because it's "going to cause more problems": problems that you guys created in the first place.

So don't prattle to me about how tough you've had it as a moderator because for the last two months not one of you have done a damn thing about it.

"When I needed you most
When I needed a friend
You let me down now
Like I let you down then"
Blink 182

ASG
13 May 06,, 11:26
"When I needed you most
When I needed a friend
You let me down now
Like I let you down then"
Blink 182

Oh come on!

A song! How you mock everyone around here!!

Turn a blind eye, then sing a song! :rolleyes:

Confed999
13 May 06,, 11:30
Oh come on!

A song! How you mock everyone around here!!

Turn a blind eye, then sing a song! :rolleyes:
Whatever you say...

bull
13 May 06,, 11:36
Now Gautam? WHy? What happened?

It's becoming dramatic.

Who are the two who are banned.

Gautham and...??? Is Sri too banned.

ASG
13 May 06,, 11:38
Who are the two who are banned.

Gautham and...??? Is Sri too banned.

Yes. For one week.

percentage_plyr
13 May 06,, 11:41
gautam permanently???

ASG
13 May 06,, 11:44
gautam permanently???

Yes. He said goodbye. But not before bringing forth the truth that was unacceptable to the Mods, which resulted in a permanent ban.

Confed999
13 May 06,, 11:49
But not before bringing forth the truth that was unacceptable to the Mods
Actually he did exactly what he was asked not to do, and violated several rules in the process. Funny, you complain things aren't harsh enough, and then that they are too harsh...

ASG
13 May 06,, 11:56
Actually he did exactly what he was asked not to do, and violated several rules in the process. Funny, you complain things aren't harsh enough, and then that they are too harsh...

I read that last post by Gautam, Confed. I agree he was wrong. But he was wronged because Mods here at WAB were biased in the decisions they took.

I felt like I could hear him scream in frustration in that thread.

Confed999
13 May 06,, 11:58
because Mods here at WAB were biased in the decisions they took.
Certainly, but then everything except math is biased. Even your post above...

ASG
13 May 06,, 12:01
Even your post above...

Certainly, as you said. ;)

platinum786
13 May 06,, 12:07
Let's be fair on the admin, haad we indian and Pakistani members actaully acted like adults we'd have no excuse for any of this, none of us are even children.

ASG
13 May 06,, 12:10
Let's be fair on the admin, haad we indian and Pakistani members actaully acted like adults we'd have no excuse for any of this, none of us are even children.

Correct.

kNikS
13 May 06,, 12:11
Yes. He said goodbye. But not before bringing forth the truth that was unacceptable to the Mods, which resulted in a permanent ban.
I would like to se that discussion and that post, is it possible?

ASG
13 May 06,, 12:15

It has been deleted because of its contents. Request the Mods.

Confed999
13 May 06,, 12:16
Gone, deleted for unacceptable content.

kNikS
13 May 06,, 12:19
Gone, deleted for unacceptable content.
PM perhaps?

Confed999
13 May 06,, 12:22
PM perhaps?
It's gone...

platinum786
13 May 06,, 12:28
if it's deleted it gone, like forever into the internet hole....though it would have been cool to read.

ASG
13 May 06,, 12:31
if it's deleted it gone, like forever into the internet hole....though it would have been cool to read.

I just realised, you & I have a same feature in the Avatar. :) :biggrin:

platinum786
13 May 06,, 12:41
i had my own made one before the avatar thing messed up and couldn't be asked to find it again, so i found this on the web, the cricket team have a logo just like this...

percentage_plyr
13 May 06,, 13:04
I just realised, you & I have a same feature in the Avatar. :) :biggrin:

actually.....urs is a PAGAN SIGN(read DA VINCI CODE FOR MORE ON THT :biggrin: ).

PENTACLE ENCLOSED IN A CIRCLE.

platinum786
13 May 06,, 13:07
i want to see teh da vinci code, waiting it's release...

indianguy4u
13 May 06,, 15:46
Thought you might have, nothing like a little bit of censorship eh?Really?
All the while you guys have been letting this build, obvious violations of forum rules for over two months, obvious flaming, obvious trolling, and your only actual CONCRETE actions have been to ban two Indian peripheral players who objected to censorship while publically ignoring the main trollers/flamers. I've seen both you and Confed give public warnings to Asim as an example, yet he repeats the violation the very next post and you do nothing. Still haven't had a reply as to why that is still here?

To be fair to TopHatter, he was the only MOD who was consistently online, while other MODS were vacationing. Neither confed or lunatock were present most of the time. And i afraid that led to the problem. One person cant do everything all the time. Most of the blame has to be taken on themselves by those other MODS.

indianguy4u
13 May 06,, 15:51
PM perhaps?
It was little on the annoying side. He being got very angry with mods & posted couple of banned words along with a parting gift for pakistani members.

sparten
13 May 06,, 16:13
That guy had no f***k life.
To all you guys, get a job, a life, there is a whole bloody world out there.

Neo
13 May 06,, 16:15
I guess you really have to be a loser to create a website about your frustrations.
I'm glad he's gone!

UnitedPakistan
13 May 06,, 16:51
Why are you all complaining?

It is much more peaceful here now

Ray
13 May 06,, 16:55
That guy had no f***k life.
To all you guys, get a job, a life, there is a whole bloody world out there.

Really?

Ray
13 May 06,, 16:57
I don't know what Parihaka (who is not an Indian) wrote.

Deleting the thread/post goes against what Chris has written that Censorship is not the credo. But I reckon the mood currently is not in favour of logic or truth.

If a non Indian or Pakistani too finds that the Forum is partial, then it is worth doing some heart searching by those who own, run and Moderate this Forum.

TH, I am aware, is the most harassed man in this whole drama even though at times it appears that he is overbearing!

I sympathise with the Moderators and the WAB members who are justified in feeling that decisions are one-sided.

It is extraordinary that the decisions are one-sided and WAB could turn history on its head!

Next they will agree with Asim that the original Americans are actually Pakistanis and not the Red Indians because ASim finds the word “Indian” offensive and that Islam is the state religion of US!

I wouldn’t be surprised!

Ray
13 May 06,, 16:58
Thanks for your post Ray. I really appreciate your willingness to try and pull everyone together for the sake of this wonderful community :)

What you outlined in your first post is all myself and the other team members here at WAB ever wanted. Certainly debate all you want - in fact I encourage it - but we are really asking for everyone's support in bringing to an end to these childish spats that seem to spring up now and again in certain areas of the community.

I am totally against extreme moderation and censorship and WAB is widely known for not tolerating this type of moderating. We prefer instead to work with our members as openly as possible and resolve matters as a community.

Quite frankly though some of our members have been taking advantage of the good nature of our moderators and we (as well as many other long time members) have had enough of it. We aren't going to allow these silly childish spats destroy this great community that hundreds of loyal members have spent years building and enjoy visiting and posting at.

I think it would do everyone some good to read Ray's initial post again... regardless if you are Indian, Canadian, British, Pakistani etc. as he has made some excellent points. WAB is truly a global community, so it is important that everyone can get along. Note, I didn't say it is important that everyone agrees with each other, but it is important that everone gets along. As I say... debate all you like but please bring an end to this childish nonsense.

- Chris

Edit: Just to clarify. I don't agree with everything Ray has posted but I do agree with the points raised in his initial post of this thread. While I don't agree with everyone Ray posts... I am not going to go and start a childish fight with him :D

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your PM and this post above. I shall not be replying the PM nor discuss the same here.

It is heart-warming to note that you do not believe in Censorship.

Regretfully, that is what you are not doing; that too at a feverish pitch i.e. total censorship galore! It may have warmed Adolph’s and Joseph’s or even the Great Helmsman’s heart, but it does not warm mine. Deeds speak louder than words! Sadly, Adolph, Joseph and Mao are dead or else they could have learnt a trick or two from you! George Orwell would have taken delight that his Book 1984 has come true and Big Brother does stifle thoughts! I am sure he would also have been banned here at WAB because, though an Englishman, he was born in India.

Could it be that you have an aversion to India and Indians because India started the Domino effect that brought the land your office is to it current sad state wherein to remain in the reckoning has a PM who has come to be known as Bush’s favourite poodle?!

I do understand you compulsion as I understand the compulsion of the British to pander to the Islamic lobby inspite of 9/11 and 7 July. Dear little fellows these Moslems boys are, what? What is a few bombs and few lives getting knocked off at the WTC and in the Tube? Saudi money is more important than lives, what?

I would like to state that the WAB is no longer the WAB I had joined over 13400 odd posts ago! Much that I regret even though WAB had become a part of my life, I will have to go on a sabbatical to rejuvenate myself from the ordure that it has become.

I found solace in this Board when I joined because elsewhere I found it very bigoted. Even though I am no Communist fan, I subscribe to Mao’s adage. “Let a 1000 flowers bloom!” WAB was a breath of fresh air! But I never realised that with the bloom, there will be more of animal dung than bloom that will get extracted.

While I do not subscribe to Bluesman’s racism (his signature indicates after every of his posts on India – Pakistan: this has become a ghetto), I do agree that this forum has lost its educative content and charm of being a family. Moderators can lesson human beings, but not weasels and so I don’t blame them the least!

If one traces the history of this Indo Pak acrimony, it was “Visioninthedark” who started this one man circus. Obviously, as would be, no self respecting individual would take it lying down, let alone a soldier of many years of combat and counter insurgency service as me!

The mantle of Vision was taken up by Asim. The sad part was that Asim is a highly challenged man in knowledge, facts and English but highly endowed in daydreams, visions of grandeur, money obsession as indicated by his self initiated information, totally out of context, of his villa with 10 bathrooms, his rich Arab filthy friends and that his Uncle was the Ruler of Jhansi (King of an area that, sadly for him exposing his lie, has a Hindu King)! The King of Propaganda and Lies, Shiek Asim (pbuh) had the audacity to label me a Rapist, based on solid foundation that was fit for this esteemed forum i.e. his imagination and being from the Land of the Pure, which he feels is Impure!

Then he started the Land of the Pure spat stating that one was implying it was the Land of the Impure. Could it not be that Shiek Asim (saw) and Pakistani subconscious was nagging them that indeed there was a strong stink of putrefaction in Pakistan and thereby throwing historical facts to the winds and obfuscating the issue, which you swallowed hook, like and sinker?! Why does WAB penalise Indians for being educated and reward the Pakistanis for the ills of their educational system leaving them the illiterates fit only for irrational jihad ordained by the Allah? Or does it warm the cockles of your heart to hug the Pakistani illiterates because they give you a sense of racial supremacy, albeit fast fading in real terms? Isn’t it humorous that while people, mostly Europeans and Americans, keep pets, you keep Pakistanis in lieu?

Asim and negative imagination leading to a psychiatric derangement is well illustrated by the Moderators answer to ASim pessimism (Post #23 and 24 refers). And it pleases you not to help this hapless challenged soul. I take it that you are a Christian and so I am sad that Christian compassion seems to have eluded you. Maybe you are a non practising one and thus out of touch!

I was horrified that WAB, which took Bush bashing in its stride, should succumb to obliterate history in appeasing the Pakistani attempt to wash away the truth and history. In short, it does appear that WAB subscribe to falsehoods being propagated in a salute to this new American hobby - Political Correctness! It would have been better if you and the Moderators explained with logic as to how Land of the Pure is not a truism rather than running for cover and paying homage to the False Idol – Political Correctness. Maybe people would not have been banned and WAB returned to even keel. But then you had nothing to back up with, excepting Political Correctness. Like Bush or not, at least one has to grant him that he does not mince his words or talk through both ends of his cheek! Take a leaf from him.

Like “land of the Pure” is a historical fact, so is that fact that there was no Moslem ruler of Jhansi, but the fact that this congenital liar and a daydreamer can still get away pulling wool over the eyes is a total submission that WAB has displayed to the fact that Asim is possibly connected with the Forum in more than one way and maybe even in a sinister way.

Could it be that this Forum is financed with Saudi money?

The fact that Srirangan and Gautam have been banned is interesting. They were people who were never short on facts to support their contentions. It does indicate the abysmal depth of intolerance and juvenileness that the WAB is being guided into, by their Head of Operations, namely, you! In short, the Owners of WAB are subscribing to promoting daydreams and historical falsehood! It does indicate a high integrity of the Board!

It gives me great pride to be the highest poster in WAB. The figures did not magically clock away. It was the board content and the excellent debates of those stolen precious moments that I had to sacrifice to savour the heady wine of WAB. I hope Sniper achieves his desire to be the top scorer with Shek following closely. This board is so “free” that Sniper too has been gagged! This does substantiate my belief that this Board has changed hands and is being financed by Islamic money and the WAB is kowtowing to the Islamic stalwarts like ASim as “zakat”! Wasn’t this board initially a Pakistani owned board?

I wish the owners of this Board and Moderators all the Best. I shall always look back with fondness of the good times I had here.

I shall always with fondness remember my good friends here who have been the greatest of friends one could ever have.

I do hope that they do not have to respond to the Azan and kowtow to their Mullahs or change their names to Shiek or Syed something or the other. If they do, may I remind them, the purest of Moslems are either Sheiks or Syeds since it indicates their closeness genetically to the great soul who has changed this world and is ridding it of non believers? The bloke’s name is Mohammet who lived in the camel lands.

I am told camels stink!

Do buy a camel. It helps you to become a better Moslem.

I find that with the banning that you all are at, you don’t have to learn how to stifle thoughts or behead people in the name of Allah!

Good luck and God Bless.

Nice knowing you Sheik Chris. You have been a great warrior for Allah.

Your jihad has been executed well along with your obedient and faithful your camel, Asim.

I am glad that this forum has been elected as PDF’s Team B.

Hark! I hear the monotonous shrieking wail of the Azan!

Let me not keep you, Chris, from doing your wash up of your limb and beard. Do it and go forth with steadfastness to do your callisthenics to the Moon God Allah!

Why is this nagging feeling seizing me that you will not have the moral courage to keep this post on the board and instead delete it the moment you can set your hound on it as you have done in the past!

Do I hear a ban call?

Ray
13 May 06,, 17:06
Hark, the herald-angels sing
glory to the new-born King,
peace on earth, and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled.
Joyful, all ye nations, rise,
join the triumph of the skies;
with the angelic host proclaim,
'Christ is born in Bethlehem.'
glory to the new-born King.

Christ, by highest heaven adored,
Christ, the everlasting Lord,
late in time behold him come,
offspring of a Virgin's womb.
Veiled in flesh the Godhead see:
hail, the incarnate Deity,
pleased as man with man to dwell,
Jesus, our Emmanuel.

Hail, the heaven-born Prince of Peace:
hail, the Sun of Righteousness.
Light and life to all he brings,
risen with healing in his wings.
Mild he lays his glory by,
born that man no more may die,
born to raise the sons of earth,
born to give them second birth.

[Come, Desire of nations, come,
fix in us thy humble home;
rise, the woman's conquering seed,
bruise in us the serpent's head;
now display thy saving power,
ruined nature now restore,
now in mystic union join
thine to ours and ours to thine.
glory to the new-born King.]

Chris
13 May 06,, 17:09
Ermm.... no offence Ray.... but what in the hell are you talking about? ;)
Why is this nagging feeling seizing me that you will not have the moral courage to keep this post on the board and instead delete it the moment you can set your hound on it as you have done in the past!Although I take great insult to some sections of your post there is no reason to delete it. I would have hoped you would have taken a much more grown up approach than this though. This is exactly the type of childish nonsense I was talking about a few posts back.

UnitedPakistan
13 May 06,, 17:12
I think he has fell off the edge or something!

I never seen him in this condition

Ray
13 May 06,, 17:14
Ermm.... no offence Ray.... but what in the hell are you talking about? ;)Although I take great insult to some sections of your post there is no reason to delete it. I would have hoped you would have taken a much more grown up approach than this though. This is exactly the type of childish nonsense I was talking about a few posts back.

The truth hurts and it does appear childish.

But truly, it was nice knowing you all.

I wrote it in English. I thought that was the language of the board and anyone would understand.

What have you not understood?

UnitedPakistan
13 May 06,, 17:21
Mods here gave you a biiiiiiig leash! You called Asim a Bastard and with full contempt! Yet you weren't banned! Can you imagine anyone else getting that much liberty? You had a good record, perhaps thats why, but you've gone downhill.

Garuda
13 May 06,, 17:41
The truth hurts and it does appear childish.
But truly, it was nice knowing you all.
I wrote it in English. I thought that was the language of the board and anyone would understand.
What have you not understood?

Actally, Sir I was bit surprised to see you spending your energies here. WAB...umm, okay for teenagers, wannbe armchair strategists.

Yep, it helps, when we sometime pitch in here to reply to some balatant lies propagated by usual suspects. Thats the purpose of membership in WAB...atleast from an Indian POV.

There are other boards which accepts posts, content based on facts, impartial sources and good research. Those boards have thus gained the status of de facto think tanks, frequented by people who matter. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Why you've stopped posting at those places? Too jingoistic? Maybe! But biased they are not.

Don't give up your innings as a cyber warrior, Sir. We need more people like you.

Ray
13 May 06,, 17:53
Garuda,

I didn't want to post, but I thought you should know.

I know which board you are talking about.

I do not appreciate blatant jingoism.

This board was free from all that till Vision came and then this freak who has ruined the board.

WAB has and had grown on me. It was and still is a great board, nothwithstanding my current feelings.

Hang around here.

Bring it back to the old days.

I wish you all and also Chris (no matter what I have said) and the Moderators , who are a great lot and very hardworking all the best.

I am sure the days of glory of WAB will return one day.

God bless you all.

Confed999
13 May 06,, 18:08
Mods here gave you a biiiiiiig leash!
Everyone had a "big leash". Everyone now has a small one...

UnitedPakistan
13 May 06,, 18:12
I just wish it was tighter...

Take a look at alok and ahsan

Confed999
13 May 06,, 18:23
I just wish it was tighter...

Take a look at alok and ahsan
Got a current post to complain about? Report it.

percentage_plyr
13 May 06,, 20:29
oh damn.....its a loss for the forum.

Chris
13 May 06,, 20:42
I think this thread is just going round in circles here... thrad closed :)