Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlegront 'fugees...y'all want to FIGHT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlegront 'fugees...y'all want to FIGHT?

Hey, ole Battlefront comrades...anybody care for an e-mail game of any one of the three 'Combat Mission' titles? I'm ready for some distraction, something that serves an intellectual exercise in planning and tactics and hardware and terrain analysis and all the stuff that makes the QB or scenario so much fun.

I'm serious: I'm looking for a fight.

Post in here, and e-mail me, please.

I intend to get SOMEthing out of the WAB before the week is out, and it's looking purty dam' grim at the moment.

Now idea how its done...

Wanna play starcraft instead? :D Known as the best strategy game ever, most widely played. I've never been really good at it.

I'd prefer Quake III but the lag time between Dubai and the US would be huge.

Comment

Bluesman,

You have someone who is there for you in Asim.

I am not saying that you have to Watch out for something underhand!

He is a real great player to fool aound with! ;)

He will leave you baffled, bewildered and confused as to what were the rules anyway!

BVut he can't play scrabble.

Know why?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I have "Beyond Overlord", but I'm not very good at it. Still, I'm game if you are. ;)
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
          I have "Beyond Overlord", but I'm not very good at it. Still, I'm game if you are. ;)
          You bet. I'll send you a set-up, you send one of yours with the reply, and we'll play 'em both concurrently. Cool?

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
            Now idea how its done...

Wanna play starcraft instead? :D Known as the best strategy game ever, most widely played. I've never been really good at it.

I'd prefer Quake III but the lag time between Dubai and the US would be huge.
            Warzone2100 is the same genre, but WAY better.

Me horrido and luna used to play Starcraft online all the time. Thems was the fun old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
              Hey, ole Battlefront comrades...anybody care for an e-mail game of any one of the three 'Combat Mission' titles? I'm ready for some distraction, something that serves an intellectual exercise in planning and tactics and hardware and terrain analysis and all the stuff that makes the QB or scenario so much fun.

I'm serious: I'm looking for a fight.

Post in here, and e-mail me, please.

I intend to get SOMEthing out of the WAB before the week is out, and it's looking purty dam' grim at the moment.
              Should I resend you our last turns? ;)

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
                Should I resend you our last turns? ;)

-dale
                Yeah, I'm ready to get 'em goin' again. Sorry for fading on you, buddy. I'm back into the game thang.

Comment

Hey...have y'all ever noticed how close the 'f' and 'g' keys are to each other? "Battlegront'...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                    Hey...have y'all ever noticed how close the 'f' and 'g' keys are to each other? "Battlegront'...sigh.
                    I'll get your turns turned around tomorrow (or later tonight). Now it's back to my cigar...

-dale

Comment

MORE! I need some more battles.

Alright, who out there wants to either
                      1) start playing 'Combat Mission' again;
                      2) start playing 'Combat Mission' for the first time;
                      3) add to their list of 'Combat Mission' PBEM games?

I need to get at least ten going; I already have four.

I'd rather play WABers than use the other opponent finders, just because I think it'd be fun to find all my old Battlefront bubbas that made the transition over to this board waaaaaaay back thar, AND to try out some battles with some of the new friends I've met since I came in here.

So, let me hear from you, if you're out there lurking, or if you'd like to try a really fun, really detailed and accurate WWII tactical simulation (that ain't a shooter, nor a click-fest RTS).

Here's the link to find out more about the game, should you be curious enough to check out what I'm raving on about:

Combat Mission: Beyond OVERLORD (the original program that started it all)

Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin

Combat Mission: Afrika Korps

And here's a whole bunch of sites for those of us that LOVE this series:

Combat Mission WebRing
                      Last edited by Bluesman; 09 May 06,, 19:31.

Comment

I'm with Bluesman - the CM series is the best thing that ever happened to WWII wargaming.

-dale

Comment

It has taught me a lot about a subject that I used to think I knew a lot about.

Sniper, this is a perfect electronic diversion for you. You already know a great deal about the hardware, tactics, history, etc. of this subject. You'd be a natural, man, and it would be a helluva lot of fun for you, too.

To all other gamers out there:
                          It's true that I'm trying to sell you on this game, because it really is that dam' good. But here's the thang: it ain't a beer-'n'-pretzels type of game. It's for the hardcore, guys that want to learn about the vital difference between a Panzer Mk IVF and a Panzer Mk IVF2, or why leaders make all the difference in a 'hardware-centric' battlefield.

So if a steep learning curve doesn't scare you away from some fun and an avalanche of education about a fascinating subject, this is a GREAT way to burn off all that spare time that all of us have in such great abundance.

Comment

Hmmm, well, that sounds like an invitation to the dance.

Where do i find the stuff i need to D/L?

Comment

Go to www.battlefront.com.

Say goodbye to sleep. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X